Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's terrible roster building. If he hasn't been able to put together a decent O-line after six years, there's no reason to believe that he'll get there with another 3-4 years working with a different head coach.

HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  2. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He won’t be here on a guaranteed contract after this year and Jets can cut bait if they decide to start over next year. Rodgers seems pretty sure he is playing this and next year though so that still has to be somewhat appealing to Adams.

REVISion likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How do you disregard so many things in your defense of Douglas? Remember, Douglas hired Saleh and the rest of the coaching staff and has kept it virtually unchanged. He not only drafted Zach Wilson, but on 9/12/23 basically told Wilson that he was good to go for the rest of the season. How he handled Becton and Reddick must be considered; there are others. His W-L record is dismal. If this coaching change doesn't do a lot, I want him gone before Christmas - nobody needs to hire a new coach again in January with Douglas still sitting at the big desk.

On the other hand, if things turn around how do you get rid of him and risk the blip was temporary and you're stuck with a new coach and a GM on greased skids? It's almost better for the team to start completely fresh next season. Except for the inability of the organization to ever get the right people in the important places.

HomeoftheJets, jets_fan and REVISion like this.
  4. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Update: Devante just followed Josh Allen on Instagram this morning. Watch the Bills end up signing him. Worst case scenario there.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

The NFL is one giant fraternity. Players follow players from all different teams. I bet Adams follows players on the Jets on Instagram as well.

6. remedy29

remedy29 New Member

Starting over is the absolute worst thing the Jets can do. That is the only reason why I was against the Saleh firing, not that I thought Saleh was a great coach. But the Jets, and bad teams, always start over, and it is mostly bad. The Jets won't start over with the top candidates, they will get another in over their head GM and another terrible coach. They will never win starting over. The Jets need to build something. Anything. Just build a team identity with continuity on offense and defense.

Vida likes this.
  7. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I'm sure he does but with Buffalo short on Offense talent tonight, Cooks and Shakir questionable, Kincaid and Knox haven't done much this year and on D Von Miller and Ed Oliver out I think he's petitioning to Bills thinking if they lose tonight he can add them to the mix of potential trade partners. It would be so JETS to let him go to Bills for a low draft choice because JD is too stupid to not let him go to another AFC team.

8. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

The timing is strange…maybe he’s worried or been told that the Jets won’t trade for him due to prioritizing Hassan Reddick.

9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Shocked if this doesn't happen today..

JETS1116 and Ralebird like this.
  10. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

What does it matter if the line can't block? I was all about this trade but it know looks like AR is on the same page as GW, I just don't see it as making that much of a difference. The tackles can't pass block and the interior lineman can't run block :(

11. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I cant see there being any way the bills can take on that contract even if they gave him to us for free. The only way to do it would be if he somehow agreed to rip up his current deal and play for a vet minimum the rest of the year, which he would never do. The bills currently have only $3 mil in space, and they need that to make transactions throughout the year when guys get injured. Most people dont know that if a guy goes on IR, he still counts on your cap, so when you bring a new guy up on your 53 to replace him, you are just adding another contract onto the cap and you need room for that. $3 mil is already playing with fire imo.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why in gods name would Davante want to come to a team that isn’t making the playoffs and won’t have a QB next year?

He’ll be a Bill by the end of the week.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Building only works when you have a solid plan, an Architect to design it and an Engineer to build it. The Jets haven't had that in a very long time so the best thing they can do is blow up the CS, fire the GM and finally get someone in the bldg. that knows the job instead of these OJT types that never seem to get it. Parcells bought instant credibility with him and changed the franchised in 2 years flat. Doing the same thing over and over always leads to the same results as we've seen now for the last 15 years. Woody needs to hire a bigtime VP of OPs and let him run the show. Saleh's methodology netted exactly 16 wins in 4 years. He's a great DC, but not yet a HC. JD's record isn't much better. If its time to start winning for Woody Johnson, its time to make the hard decision, admit his mistakes and start to build a winner.

Jets79 and JetsNation06 like this.
  14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Teams don't have to rebuild after they fire a coach but Woody loves rebuilding, especially with rookie staff, because it covers up the incompetence in his organization.

15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Apparently, Adam’s has been traded to the Jets for a 4th round pick.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If they had won last night and got Davante I would have been somewhat ok with it.

But now, it's just more smoke to appease Rodgers and the angry masses.

HomeoftheJets, Cman68 and KWJetsFan like this.
  17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Exactly. Feels a day late and a dollar short.

Jetsfansince95 and JetsNation06 like this.
  18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

;)

19. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

No, its a conditional 3rd rounder going to the Raiders that could become a 2nd rounder based on performance. Jets are also assuming the remainder of his salary.

That shrewd Joe Douglas strikes again. Fucking mope.

HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don’t think it makes any sense at this point. I get that we need to make the playoffs and get that stink off our backs but the offensive/defensive lines are just so bad right now.

This team is a one and done in the playoffs at best. And they face an uphill battle to get there.

stinkyB, AtlantaJet and SOXXX2 like this.