Haason Reddickulous Holdout

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jessedark, Jul 31, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

If he decides to come back week 13 just to save himself, do the jets have to accept? Or can they tell him to F off .

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

hahahaha reddick hired drew rosenhaus and they are attending the game tonight.

[​IMG]

Fiftynine likes this.
  3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Good he still has interest in playing. The way the last reports this weekend were sounding it seemed like he might not even be in the headspace to play

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

That's a good thing, Rosenhaus will get him playing. I suspect he will convey to Haason to play and hit the free agency market

Jets79 likes this.
  5. dawinner127

You both are right. It is good, but I find it hysterical it took his agency firing his ass in order for Reddick to wake up and the realize the only chance he has at a big deal next year is to get on the field and perform.

REVISion, dmw and Jets79 like this.
  6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Guys, pardon my ignorance, but who is Rosenhaus and what kind of reputation does he have when it comes to this?

7. dawinner127

Rosenhaus is one of the bigger(est?) agents in the industry. He reminds me of a slimy car salesman, the way he handles himself, but he gets deals done. He's been in the business for a long ass time and has had some pretty high profile players - Antonio Brown, Warren Sapp, Gronk, Tyreek Hill, TO, and I think Manziel?

REVISion and Borat like this.
  8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Big time agent.

The Jets didn't want a multi-year deal, it seemed. Not sure this changes anything.

Kronoking and Borat like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

larger than life personality. The movie Jerry Maguire was loosely derived from him. A reputation as a little shady and harder to work with for teams but very player friendly as he gets them their money, or at least promises to. He has worked with hundreds of players

Borat likes this.
  10. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Hutchinson goes down yesterday. Don’t watch the replay if you’re squeamish.

DET, a solid contender, may likely be in need of help at DE.

Reddick the next morning signs himself to a well known agent who is familiar with divas.

Maybe they’re looking to work out some sort of sign and trade with DET?

IDFjet and GQMartin like this.
  11. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Decent logic, not familiar with the defensive front they run, but on paper it sounds like it makes sense.

Fiftynine likes this.
  12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think there is much aside from just coincidence there. Reddick was dumped by his agency and he was looking for a new one. The fact Hutch got hurt around the same time I don't think is relevant. The agent conversations I am sure have been ongoing for days to work out all details, you don't just pick up the phone and sign contract the minute you see Hutch get hurt on TV. With that said, yes, I do think Detroit may be interested in something now that they lost their 1st round Edge.

But you know who else lost 1st round Edge - we did. And lost Huff. And lost JFM for nothing. With this development, new agent, attending Monday's game, etc, I hope JD can finally get the deal done here. I doubt Detroit will be offering more than JD. They have a responsible GM too who I doubt will be offering 25 mil annually multi year deal. Especially if we can get a W today - could be a chance for us to get Reddick, because we actually do need him as much as Detroit does if not more.

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

except that they finally seem to be a well run team with a no BS lockerroom.... doubt they want this headcase

14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Yeah, remember back when he was the scumbag of agents? Seems he outgrew that reputation. I almost can't believe he's still representing players.

15. BrowningNagle

It's a good suggestion for a team to trade with. I think the timing thing is just a coincidence though as Reddick needed an agent either way

IDFjet likes this.
  16. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

True but just looking, they already traded their 2025 3rd rounder to us in 2024 draft--if we can get their 2026 3rd rounder it would be close to a wash--we'd lose the difference between our 2025 standing and their 2025 standing.

Fiftynine likes this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

It should be interesting to see how well the Jets D plays tonight against Josh Allen, a top QB.

LAJet likes this.
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Probably have to let him in the door but I wouldn't let him play if the season is over. He can sit on the bench, dont give him the chance to improve his next contract after all the BS.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He’s not exactly playing really well right now. The Jets also historically give him the most trouble.

dmw likes this.
  20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Ulbrich would likely get the most out of him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.