Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Disagree completely. Woody firing a HC in the middle of the season for the first time ever shows me how desperate they are actually going to get and want this to get done with Adams. I'd be more concerned with the draft capital that we give up now rather than the trade happening or not.

SOJAZ, LAJet and BrooklynJetsFan like this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

but I mean you can count Adams out for Monday night most likely. A move would have to be made like… right this morning

If the Jets lose they are 2-4, maybe it’s not even worth it anymore

3. dawinner127

Yeah the trade would have to happen today before 4 pm est IMO because thats when the salary kicks in for the raiders to pay him the $1m hes due this week (its like $900k or something but lets just say 1 million). I can't imagine the raiders trade him after today while paying him for week 6 to just play for another team

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

they still have a game vs the Bills after this week.

Miami and NE will be totally out of contention by then.

The division will still be in play.

I wouldn’t do this trade regardless of record.

JetFanInNE and BrowningNagle like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Conversely, if the Jets win, and show some resolve, it might not be worth it either till they clean the OC issues. Having said that, woody is desperate, and that never fairs well come trade time.

6. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

GREG likes this.
  9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

abyzmul, dawinner127 and GREG like this.
  10. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

There’s no responsible way the bills can trade for Adams.

GREG likes this.
  11. dawinner127

leak season for the raiders

abyzmul likes this.
  12. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

The longer this goes on, the more likely it is another team makes a big offer and gets Adams. While I don't think he takes away all of the Jets problems, I do think he will help make a few plays a game. That's the difference between 2-3 and 4-1 right now.
    Either the Jets are all in and you make this move, or they are happy being mediocre - I think we are getting close to this being the case.

#272 Jets-N-Terps, Oct 10, 2024 at 9:51 AM
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2024 at 10:54 AM
    blackssmagic, SOJAZ and Jets79 like this.
  13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Here is where I'm at with Joe Douglas.

People, every last one of you has made mention of how talented the team is. Whether it be directly or in an aside to another comment. It would take me a WEEK to line up all the columns, from ESPN to the NFL Channel, of most, if not all, of the talking heads commenting on how TALENTED the team is.

Folks, it CANNOT be both!! Joe Douglas cannot be shitting the bed yet we have a talented team. The oxymoron of it all is way too much and makes my brain bleed. So, which is it? Are the Jets talented or do they have a roster full of 3rd stringers? It does NOT matter HOW the players got here, they are here. Cap, shitty trades...whatever. There's not a team in the league that doesn't have some shitty trades and "less than" cap issues. Fuck, New Orleans has been doing what they have been doing for a long time and they LIVE in cap hell every-single-year.

OVERALL, Joe Douglas has been top THREE in GM's to ever grace the inside of the NY Jets 4 walls. It's debatable as to "where" he sits in that hierarchy but that's just a fact. So, while he is not perfect, he's a hell of a lot better than what many teams have and he's damn skippy far and away the best this team has seen in a while. Every time someone comments on how TALENTED this team is yet another affirmation that JD is going nowhere. They'll replace the entire coaching staff, at least once, before they get rid of Douglas.

Having said that, and to bring things full circle, NO on Adams!!!!!!!! We do NOT need another great player on the downside of their career. While I jump off a bridge if he comes, no. But, if I were running things, I would pull the plug on this one.

SOJAZ and JetFanInNE like this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No, it’s not black and white. Do we have a talented team? Yes. But how much of that talent is in costly veterans we had to sign to make up for the failures in identifying young talent? I actually made a thread on that exact cost a couple weeks ago. JD has spent over $200m on players that replaced a failed draft pick or at least hedged a bet on a young drafted player. Rodgers, Lazard, Tyron Smith, Duane Brown, Reddick….

Woody put himself in a stupid situation if he does opt to can JD at the end of the year by running his mouth about this being the best Jets roster ever, but it’s been put together with money by signing know talent vs with an intellectual eye for spotting young talent.

REVISion and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not really seeing a bunch of talent out of the offensive line either.

Smith looks done. Simpson was/is a journeyman guard that we probably overpaid for. Moses was getting cooked before he got hurt.

16. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We have talent, but much of it is comprised of aging vets on their last legs. That's not good roster building.

JD's failures on the OL in particular have been astounding. Of our young guys, AVT is decent (but we overpaid for him), Tippman is alright, and Fashanu was a waste of resources for this season even if he turns out to be good down the line.

Becton over Wirfs alone is probably the biggest OL whiff of the past decade or so. We drafted an immature, overweight, injury-prone malcontent over a guy who is on a HoF trajectory.

HomeoftheJets and Vida like this.
  17. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

We still have no updates on Davante?

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Carr got injured and the Jets fired their HC. Vegas might not look so bad right about now.

jets_fan likes this.
  19. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He was never coming here. Why would he want to come here when Rodgers very well may retire or move on after everyone's fired in January and then be stuck here with this lousy franchise and no Rodgers. It would be an even worse repeat of his Vegas experience.

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah I have to admit the longer I look at it, the less it makes sense. Then again Rodgers didn't make sense until he tore his Achilles.