Jets fire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Vida

Vida Active Member

You are 100% correct but that is part of the problem. He wasn't calling those plays but he wasn't doing anything about it either. He demanded no accountability and as HC ultimate responsibility falls with him.

I have a soft spot for Saleh because he seems like a decent guy but he just didn't have the ruthless mentality needed for a successful HC.

If the offense doesn't turn things around then he won't be the last one to be given their marching orders. It is criminal the way this offense is performing with the level of talent at our disposal. Some designed run plays would be a great start, we have two legit beasts at RB and they can't get more than 2 yards!

mezzavo, Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

he was hired a year later....we'll see

3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Its such a low hanging fruit take to scream about Hackett still being here while also totally ignoring the incompetency that Saleh showed in his tenure here. Like no fucking shit Hackett sucks, but just ignoring the HC problem would have been just as insane as ignoring the Hackett problem.

You can acknowledge Saleh sucked and it was the right move to can him while also acknowledge Hackett being here is still an issue. They can both be true.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, Pepsiguy5 and 5 others like this.
  4. Vida

Vida Active Member

They also got rid of Snyder.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

you guys just choose to ignore that Saleh fielded a really good D.. smh

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Its occam's razor. I don't know who hoccam is, apparently you are confused about a lot of things. I told Brook I'd drop it so I will but nowhere did I say Saleh supports terrorists, holy shit

Ralebird, IDFjet and Vida like this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

So defense is doing good, offense is shit, yet they did nothing to address the O. Makes sense to me.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Just maybe the Franchise gets psychotherapy with this move...lol

I am sick of being a Darksider but do agree with what you are essentially saying

The onus to improve (behind the scenes is on Rogers and Hackett) ...if it doesnt OMG all bets are off with the Owner . I am glad he is losing patience!!!

JetsNation06 likes this.
  10. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I thought this site would be ecstatic to see Saleh gone, considering that everyone has been calling for him to be fired for weeks, some even years now, and people complained that Woody never fired people midseason and he really needed to this year. So, Woody fires him, and all of a sudden, Saleh wasn't the problem, what the hell was Woody thinking firing a coach midseason? No matter what this team does, the fanbase wants the opposite. When we get the opposite, we complain that we want the opposite of THAT!

NY Jets68 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Vida

Vida Active Member

That would be relevant if he were the defensive coach.

Ralebird and REVISion like this.
  12. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

So this obviously is above your intellect. This has nothing to do with Wilson. It has to do with Saleh. You make changes the right way, when players are not performing you hold them accountable and correct it. His dumbass had to go back to Wilson because the online got everyone else killed. Then he did the same thing 2 years in a row. Saleh is not a leader, doesn’t understand leadership and doesn’t understand team dynamics. He lost the locker room two years ago during that season not because of Wilson but because how he handled everything. It just took until now to realize it for some because of Rodger’s and his injury. He gets fired last season if Rodger’s stays healthy and doesn’t get hurt. Maybe not during the season but definitely after. The dude is not a HC.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  13. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Could not be happier. I have no idea why anyone would defend this clown. Al Groh was better.

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I have no doubt that Ulbricht already has a well-formed opinion about Hackett.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I wonder if Brick has the courage to act on Hackett and risk alienating The Ringmaster.

16. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

And he bailed on Woody. For good reason.

17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

He wasn't the defensive coordinator, he was a the head coach and the offense has been unacceptable since he's been here. The penalties alone in the Denver game were fire-able.

We all knew he's not an Xs and Os type of coach and when he lost the respect of the team, he lost his effectiveness as the "rah-rah" hype man.

You'd frequently see him on the sidelines during the games talking to no one, unless to celebrate a rare score. Basically doing no in game coaching.

Vida, Ralebird, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

First, I'm happy they fired Saleh. He was never going to make this team a winner. He's a DC at best, and this follows in the tragic tradition of the Jets hiring defensive guys to be the HC despite the NFL being an offensive league for decades now. As a result of his lack of offensive knowledge he had no clue what, when, or how to make changes when things weren't working on that side of the ball, all he could do is stand there with his thumb up his ass and hope somebody would figure it out. So good, glad he's gone, but...

The offense still has major problems, beginning with the OC and OLC, and since they weren't fired it shows - once again - how clueless Woody is about how to build a winning team. Woody should be spending every waking hour searching for the best President of Football Ops that has the strongest success record in developing great offensive teams. My vote - not saying it's even possible, but worth pursuing hard - would be to throw bags of money at Andy Reid to come and be that guy. There are probably others who could work, certainly work MUCH better than the Woody and his "brain trust".

In any case, I don't expect this offense to suddenly flourish beyond maybe a bump from Saleh's firing and everyone wanting to do their best for Ulbrich for a game or two. Ulbrich is a very good DC. He's not the best I've ever seen, but he's very good. IDK if he's even as good as Rex, and what did the Jets get with him? A couple of years of decent success. But even in his best two years, the offense was never SB caliber, and Rex was clueless about it. So here we have Rex Part Deux and we're supposed to be excited? I don't think so.

I've heard from several reports that Saleh was on the verge of demoting Hackett and possibly Carter, and then Monday night Rodgers speaks with Woody and BOOM! Saleh is gone. If Woody fired Saleh because Rodgers was protecting Hackett, that makes this whole thing even worse. Not only are we left with an offense still controlled by incompetents, we have proof that Woody is allowing himself to be swayed by Rodgers, who while he will one day be in the HOF it will be as a player, not as a coach or GM.

My hope is that firing Saleh at the behest of Rodgers causes Rodgers, Hackett, Carter, and the rest of the offensive CS to be put on notice that if they don't turn things around immediately that all of them will be gone, even before the bye week. The talent is there, but the ability to employ it properly is not. If Hackett & Co. can't figure it out NOW, they need to be gone regardless of what Rodgers wants, and if Rodgers bitches about it, he can go away too. Drastic times require drastic actions.

Vida, SOJAZ, Kronoking and 6 others like this.
  19. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Saleh needed to go, no doubt about it, but he really needed go last offseason, when we could have brought in a new head coach to (attempt to) put things right. Now we are taking a gamble on Ulbrich because we have no other option at the moment - I hope he's good but we have no idea.

And anyway, with offense being the absolute number one problem on this team, the firing of Saleh, who had zero input on the offense, will make no difference there. The only hope is that it wakes up some players who seem to have been sleepwalking the past couple of weeks and make them feel that there is accountability. It all will depend on how Ulbrich handles the role as head coach.

20. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

It's a truly frightening thought.

ColoradoContrails likes this.