Jets fire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What you say is well known is simply your opinion and may be clear as day to you but be totally wrong with regard to what actually was happening. You have no idea how much input Saleh had into the hiring of Hackett or the plays he called. You don't know if he fought it vociferously, praised it or sat on his hands and did nothing about it. When you say Saleh is "suddenly" responsible for the team he is in charge of, you haven't been paying attention - that's his job and that's how he was expected to win games - by taking control! Stop making excuses for the guy! He was the one who was "clueless" about how to run a football team.

You need to turn a deaf ear to everybody who shouts that the Jets are playoff bound - you need to understand your odd claim that Saleh was only supposed to coach the defense and be a rah, rah guy - if that was anywhere near accurate, he'd be getting an extension and a raise today. I have no problem at all with your stance on Douglas - he is as responsible for what Saleh did as Saleh was responsible for Hackett. Today the shit finally rolled uphill.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If you think that Saleh had anything to do with the hiring of Hackett or anyone on the offensive side of the ball then you are kidding yourself. That's complete horseshit. Yes, it was only known to anyone who watches football which would be millions of people. Besides that, you may be onto something.

3. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Ten hag lasted longer then Saleh

Fiftynine likes this.
  4. Ralebird

If you think you have any idea what goes on in the offices of the New York Jets, you should start all over again. If you don't believe the head coach of every NFL team is responsible for the entire sixty minutes of every game, you should just quit now.

Of course you already proved how wrong you are by not even attempting to explain why Saleh was fired Tuesday while being the competent defensive mind and perfect rah rah guy you claim he was hired to be.

You're entitled to all the goofy opinions you want to carry, but please stop trying to pass them off as fact.

5. JetsNation06

We're talking about the offense here. So tell me oh wise one, what input did Saleh have into the offensive side of the ball? Again, stop making shit up. It makes you look as if you don't have a pulse on this franchise which is looking to be more the case with every post.

I know because I follow the team and ANYONE with a clue knows Saleh has nothing to do with the offensive side of the ball. Enough with the dumb HC talking line that they're in charge of the entire 60 minutes. No shit, Sherlock. That's not what we're discussing here but way to get figurative when we're talking about specifics here.

We're talking about Saleh's involvement on the offense. You act like he's making the play calls or designing the offensive scheme. If you're implying that then you are flat out lying or just clueless.

6. Ralebird

You just don't get it do you? Robert Saleh had as much input into the offense as he elected to take - that's what a head coach does. The head coach is not supposed to jam his fingers in his ears and chant "nah, nah, nah, nah" when the offense is failing, he's supposed to do something about it! Why are you so prepared to let him totally ignore half of the game without consequence? He finally realized the consequences yesterday.

mezzavo, Vida and dawinner127 like this.
  7. JetsNation06

You’re delusional as you keep acting like Saleh was the key lever in the dysfunction that is the NY Jets.

Of course I get it. What’s to get is their offensive play calling and game plan is shit. That is due to their offensive coordinator being absolute shit. What’s more to get is their GM and owner are complete buffoons who continually make the wrong hires on the offensive side of the ball.

You completely don’t seem to grasp that very simple concept and keep deflecting that blame on Saleh which is delusional and hilarious.

This is a much bigger issue than Saleh. But keeping acting like he was the key to this whole mess, which you continue to do with every post.

When the Jets season ends in shit again I will revisit this post with you and call you out on acting like Saleh is the key criminal in the mess.

You will be proven dead wrong.

8. Ralebird

Let me see if I can frame this in simpler terms for you - let's just say you are the shift manager at McDonald's and even though you began as a cashier, and you know that job well you're in charge of the whole crew on Tuesday afternoons because the owner and store manager have confidence in your abilities. You have a guy who has always been in charge of the fryer but has the problem that he either burns the fries or sends them out cold. The store manager and owner are not there on Tuesdays and customers are constantly complaining and you're forced to give refunds to pissed off customers; the other employees now need to do more work to make up for his errors. How long is it going to take you to realize you need to put somebody else on the fryer and let the guy who can't do the job right go clean out the walk-in or get sent home? If you do nothing to fix the problem - you're the one sent home.

What's hilarious is that you think Saleh was canned for no good reason, not even his record. He was the "key" to the on-field performance of the NY Jets. I fully expect this season to end in shit but I, once again, will hope for a better future with the beginning of change started now. I've been doing it for over fifty years.

9. JetsNation06

And I've been doing it for over 40 years so we can agree on wholesale changes at the end of this season.

10. Ralebird

I would hope so, just like I did last year. I knew Douglas and Saleh were lost causes before then. The advantage is that with a head coaching change the majority of the staff also usually changes.

dawinner127, Patriot and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Blame whomever you want, but the fact is the Jets can not deal with a blitz. Their offensive line and team blocking has sucked for how long now? If anyone should be fired is the OL coach and OC. If the Jet's offense has any chance, it needs to be able to run the ball to keep the other team's defense from killing AR. Having AR pass 40 - 50 plays a game is insane.

AR runs the team now, this was obvious when he vacationed in Egypt. I hope you all can see now that KC will probably win another SB with some help from the refs and their stadium pumping up crowd noise.

QBs like Brady and Manning got in trouble trying to practice with their teammates too much when they went to a new team. AR is talented but as a leader he sucks. I predict a mutiny on AR by the end of the season.

The Jets and my Pats are in football hell. The only difference is Pats fans already realize this.

Vida likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Run along, child. You don't know what football hell is and you probably never will.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

There's an emerging narrative that doesn't really make sense to me, which is that Rodgers ran Saleh out of town, but also, that Rodgers loves Hackett, that Hackett is only here because of Rodgers.

If we believe Rodgers is intensely competitive, wants to win games, and has an outstanding football mind, then how can both of these things be true? Both Salen and Hackett were/are completely useless and both were/are under Rodgers' thumb... so why would he insist on being joined at the hip to one of them, while at the same time forcing the other out the door?

14. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

We all know that Saleh wasn’t doing a good job of being a head coach. The real problem is no one does a good job in this organization. Look at what happened to Sam Darnold and Geno Smith. They can draft them but not coach them. This team has talent but it’s being wasted. Parcell’s head would explode with all sloppy play and dumb penalties. In this day and age, who hires a Defensive guy when you have a team struggling to score points? They threw Zach Wilson to the wolves when he needed time. That kid took a beating, he deserved better. I thought getting Davante Adams would provide a spark, more leadership and help for Garret Wilson but I would be surprised if he wanted to come here. “The ship be sinking.” I also think Woody freaked when he saw the Lebanon patch.

Brook! likes this.
  15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

First of all YAAAAAAAY! What a morning !!! my Amazin Mets of childhood putting it to the Phillies lmao! And this ??? It seems like our owner not always asleep at the switch

Even Woody has eyes to see RS not having any accountability for very talented players ...I wonder who gets fired next!!!

Just a message the entire staff on the Hot Seat ...someone must be accountable and imo thats great!!

16. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

So who goaded woody into this firing?
    It's not like he thought of it himself.

17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

they just needed to marinate for 6 years...

18. Losmeister

woody meets with or talks with the QB, then fires the HC who wants to wrestle play calling from the qb's personal fellator

fuk woody fuk the NY woodmen

cval likes this.
  19. Losmeister

delegate is a verb. look it up.

20. Losmeister

they'd only need to have driven for a fg ... it wasn't over at that point, just sayn