Jets fire Robert Saleh

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Oct 8, 2024.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If the offense lays another egg on MNF in front of a national audience, the pressure to deal with Hackett will become overwhelming and Ulbrich will have to do something. I think the crowd will really unload on Hackett if the offense looks as lackluster as usual. I still can see Hackett having his playcalling duties reduced instead of him being fired as he should be. If Rodgers doesn't like it? He can retire.

2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

if AR throws 2 picks first half.. accountability says bench him for tie-rod

Cman68 likes this.
  3. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

The more I think about it, the more I think the past few weeks doomed him, similar to Joe Judge (albeit done differently).

The awkward hug with Rodgers, the world agreed that Rodgers was right and the HC was celebrating way too much for his position at that moment.

The cadence comment really killed him. It showed basically every quality you do not want in a leader.

For a while now the Jets feel a sense of doom the moment it starts going sideways on the field. They go to their positional silos and had no idea to get out of it. The body language of the entire team became dog shit at some point almost weekly, cheerleader included.

The expectations of this year also brought to light his inability to fix something as rudimentary as penalties.

Gase was bad, but Saleh is definitely the second worst Jets HC I have seen.

I forgot the mention going for it on 4th down last game. The head coach makes that call. It was a terrible decision and, once again, everybody knew it.

#283 JackBower, Oct 8, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    Pepsiguy5, NY Jets68, Borat and 3 others like this.
  4. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Ya--the bills changed to Brady last year mid season and it was a positive--the continuity arguments are reasonable in some circumstances but in the NFL they seem to be invalid.

5. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I saw a video of (I think) Rich Eisen talking about the sacking and (iirc) he said that this year was the first time Saleh had looked to join the offense meetings and this was part of the friction that seems to have been building between him and AR - how can you be the HC for a number of years and not be in the offense meetings when that's clearly what has been holding your team back?

Vida, Pepsiguy5, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…it’s not only that the offense has sucked and that’s inexcusable given the talent there. But if that were all it was, then the move would have been to fire both Hackett and Carter as those two assclowns are clueless and their units suck.

But I think it was the bigger issue around discipline and accountability, two things that are good indicators of the coach losing the team.

They had to make a seafloor type change…drive the message home that this shit has to stop.

I would not be surprised to see Carter go, I would be more surprised to see Hackett go, not because he doesn’t deserve it (he sure as fuck does), but only because Rodgers won’t have it…

I’m shedding no tears for Saleh

And on another dumb little note, they keep showing his record as like 20-36 or something….it’s actually 19-36…back in 2021 he missed a game and Rod Middleton coached the team for that one game, a win…

Just sayin’

7. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

I love these conversations and exchanges of views. You're in Los Angeles, judging by your handle, and I'm just north of London, England. Most everyone else will be in NY / NJ, yet we can all have these discussions. It's fantastic.

Coming back to it,

If Saleh was about to fire Hackett, Rodgers must have stopped it. Whilst Woody does not understand football in any great depth, he will recognise that Hackett is here because Rodgers wants him. If there was a whiff of Hackett being fired it has to mean that Woody and Rodgers have spoken after the London game. Speculation again, but I'm suggesting they will have agreed that the 'harder ass' Ulbrich can improve discipline, where Saleh didn't control it. I don't think it is coincidence. I think these events are linked.

#287 UK_Chilts, Oct 8, 2024
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2024
    LAJet likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The way I see this going:

Hackett mixes things up vs. the Bills and we have an above average game on offense as a result. Afterwards, he reverts back to his old ways within a couple games. We saw this happen last season. Hackett will see the light for brief periods of time but is incapable of learning and sticking with the changes.

Vida and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh sucked the mojo straight out of this team.

Watching him just stand there while the game was fizzling away drove me nuts.

Rather watch us lose with Ulbrich.

10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

No, no, he didn't kill him LOL

This is one of the greatest memes of the last decade. It's from a dude's IG where he posted that picture of himself at a funeral home (which he actually tagged in the post), with a caption to the effect of "stopped by the funeral of one of my biggest haters just to make sure that he's dead", then threw in the hashtag #RIPBOZO

This dude legitimately got all properly dressed for a funeral of someone he knew hated him, went, took a picture there, and then posted it with that caption.

In the last decade it's been used a whole bunch to celebrate the demise of someone who you know hates your guts, and that you hate right back, but with a hilarious faux formality/respect to it. Joel Embiid tweeted the same image three years ago when the Sixers finally traded Ben Simmons to the Nets:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sixers/comments/spdlpo/joel_embiid_hahahahah/

Vida, Brook!, GQMartin and 1 other person like this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

you got to wonder about this team reputation.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

If you are at all confused about the Jets’ reputation, you either haven’t been paying attention or you’ve been playing a lot of football without a helmet

Vida, Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  13. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

You really still wonder?

Fiftynine likes this.
  14. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Hackett for whatever reason is Rodgers guy. He’s not getting shit canned. He absolutely should’ve been the first to go but it’s not happening. As with all things Jets we’ll have to hope for next season.

Maybe Carter gets the axe. OL and RB coach- Line can’t block, they’re penalty machines, and Hall has regressed. Downing can go too. Both of these guys were run out of TN and the same should happen in NY.

Jets79 likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Commanders also have a good owner in Josh Harris, promising GM in Adam Peters, and a solid Dan Quinn-Kliff Kingsbury coaching staff. That plus what sure looks like a franchise QB in Daniels is why they're doing so well. Anyway, I've lived in DC for the last few years, so let's go Commanders!

Vida likes this.
  16. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

You know in all of this batching session about Saleh and Hackett, I have yet to hear ONE person mention the OL coach who is equally as bad as anyone you are talking about

AtlantaJet likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but they have such a soulless pussy name “commanders”

At least pick the Ravens

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think we are all very aware of what their reputation is.

Borat, REVISion and LAJet like this.
  19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

LOL. There was suppose to be a picture along with the words by it will not show it. Sorry folks.
    We are the keystone cops of the NFL.

Dierking likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Snyder came up with Commanders, so I won't hold it against the team now.