Devante Adams

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BrowningNagle, Oct 1, 2024 at 4:52 PM.

1. jackie1013

jackie1013 Member

I think if Joe can make a good deal, he should. It will definitely help the offense, which will help the defense. It’s so early in the season. This team hasn’t gelled yet, they don’t have confidence. Saleh is a liability but Aaron Rodger’s can run the Offense. Give them an experienced receiver and make the playoffs. Next season replace the coach. If we remain stagnant and fall apart, I’m out.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and IDFjet like this.
  2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I think we can get him without giving up much--his contract is a burden for the Raiders if he's going to sit. Its a plus for them to just eject the contract.

Now the same was true for the Packers when we got AR but our gluttonous GM vomited up far too much to get him. Hopefully he contains his appetite and acts reasonably in this case.

3. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

HomeoftheJets and ukjetsfan like this.
  4. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

But, they were literally 1 play away from winning that game. Rogers to Adams would have made at least 1 play last week and won that game.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  5. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

If this team is going in with Rodgers, then they should go ALL in with the limited time he will be on this team. Make the trade now.

REVISion and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Let’s take a look at the history of JD using FA’s and trades to cover his poor drafts for a second:

signs Duane Brown $20m for a season to cover the failed Becton experiment

signs Tyron Smith for $6.5m and Morgan Moses back for $3.6 to cover for Becton’s departure and Brown’s failed ineptness.

drafts Olu to cover for the fact both Smith and Morgan are old and injury prone. $20.5m fully guaranteed, just about $5m a year

Total of $50m to cover his failed Becton draft

Trades for Aaron Rodgers to cover for his failed draft experiment in Zach. Signs Tyrod Taylor to handle backup duties since Zach has shown himself incapable. Traded away Sam Darnold who currently is playing like the best QB in the league. Could be up to $112m, at least $75m. Taylor will cost $12m with $8.5 guaranteed. So at least $83.5m to cover for the poor drafting of ZW.

Drafts Mims and Moore. Replaced with Lazard and Mike Williams. $44m with $22m guaranteed for Lazard. Mike Williams will receive $10m. So minimum $32m to replace, likely gonna be the full $54m to replace them

Drafts JJ and McDonald 1st round back to back. Trades a 3rd round pick for what should have cost us $16m for Reddick, but since Reddick is holding out it will either cost us a massive contract or at the least, egg on our face. But make no mistake JD was looking to spend that $16m to cover JJ and McDonald.

now we’re looking to give up another pick (probably a 2nd) and take on a guy that’s gonna likely cost us about $60m because we now realize GW isn’t quite cutting it as a true #1? And to be honest if we do this trade it’s gonna render Mike Williams as just about useless, so you could argue this trade costs us $10m in wasted money.

JD has convinced Woody to spend over $200m in FA/trades just to cover positions he has drafted poorly at. Trading for Davante will raise that figure to at least $260m. This is just for replacements of player he drafted. First of all, what a dope Woody is. 2nd of all, how far does he let this go?

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Pretty sure you're talking about the back to back plays to Wilson and Lazard that were both screwed up. If Rodgers can't get on the same page with them why should we think it would be different with Adams?

Sidenote: Are we sure both those screwups were caused by the receivers or could the "future HOFer" be failing in his old age?

Cman68 likes this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I doubt he has dementia at 40 years old, come on now. If there’s miscommunication between a 20 year HoF veteran who’s arguably the best ever and a kid who’s in his 3rd season, I think it’s reasonable to say the mistake is on the young guy.

JETS1116 and REVISion like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Okay, even though we've been hearing for months how they're on the same page. And one play later with Lazard, who we hear is like a brother to him. Is Rodgers infallible?

10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Is Rodgers infallible? Absolutely not. But when he’s shooting a glare at receivers I suspect he’s confident he was right. Plus of course there’s also Baldinger’s film breakdown that outlines it. Garrett is struggling because he’s not up against a D that stacks 8/9 in the box, and our plays remain on-schedule. He needs to be better at recognizing the coverage and choosing the right route.

REVISion likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it doesnt really matter to me if it was Rodgers' fault or the receivers fault. I just don't think it would've happened like that if Adams was here

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am really indifferent in this case. There are cases to be made for each option.

On one hand he has chemistry with Rodgers and there won't be much adjustment even though we have the worst OC in the league. Him being on the other side will allow G.Wilson get open and make plays. With 2 formidable WR's the run game will improve if our idiot coaches give the ball to Allen more. I also want Jets to do whatever is needed to end this 14 years of playoff draught so we are not the laughingstock of the league.

That said, he is 31 years old, his salary next 2 years will balloon to 36 mil a year and he is on the wrong end of the 30 for WR's. This coaching stuff will definitely underutilize him so what's the point. Also giving up a 2nd rounder will mean we only have a 1st rounder and a 3rd rounder next year. Considering this is the make it or break it year for both Saleh and Joe D, it feels unfair for the next regime not have a second rounder next year.

Yep. I am indifferent. Will like it or hate it equally if it happens or not.

sozopol likes this.
  13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is the bed the Jets made and they have to deal with it. Rodgers is 41. I'm sure that 36 million in 2025 and 2026 will be restructured because those numbers are absurd. I bet the trade is both 3's we have this year. I can't imagine its a 2 unless the Raiders take on a lot of money

REVISion likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well said.

There were many reasons to not chase Rodgers but the Jets ignored them and chose this route. Why go into it half assed then? He already has his handpicked offensive system, his handpicked coordinator, he blows off practice, blows off the coach, it's Rodgers team completely

But we draw the line with Devante Adams? At least Adams is a good player

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Minor details ;)

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I said earlier I think the deal is done Sunday after the London game or Monday end of the day when they get back. I'm confident in that.

There is probably so much garbage they have to deal with on this travel that it makes sense that a trade comes after they get back.

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This is it in a nutshell. The two third round picks probably get it done.
    This is the year, it's now or never. If they truly are all in, you do everything you have to do and worry about next year after the season. There's no such thing as being all in "except for..."

18. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I doubt the Raiders trade him inside the division

19. JetFanInNE

Pretty sure that was Woody telling him to get it done

20. JetFanInNE

By the same token that one play could have been Zeurlein hitting the field goal