Your Head Coach choices for 2025

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Zach's like Josh Rosen or Bryce Young, not cut out for the league. There's a reason why he's third string in Denver.

stinkyB and REVISion like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If we're going to hire an ex-Jets HC, why not Charley Winner? He coached under Weeb Ewbank, and at 100 years old, I think he's still got something left.

stinkyB likes this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Offensive-minded coach is superior because it means stability on offense. With a defensive-minded coach, you're constantly getting your OC poached for HC jobs if he's good enough. Stability on offense is much more important than stability on defense.

Kronoking likes this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

True.

The coaching record pre Parcells was disastrous as well.

5. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Salah is gone after 2024. He is just like Rex Ryan--a cheerleader, not a coach.
    Goof grief, Saleh's excuse for losing to the Broncos was because "it was raining" out there.
    Has Salah ever got in a player's face, benched someone for disciple, or just yelled at even one of his players?
    NFL players need some DISCIPLINE :mad: from time to time, not endless chants of praise :) from their cheerleader head coach.
    Saleh has a terrible record. Not an NFL head coach. A cheerleader.

6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Positive vibes only bro

7. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

I love defensive football however I think we need to turn the page and hire an offensive minded HC. In addition, I would love to hire someone who was once a head coach like a Kliff Kingsbury.

8. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This 100%

Anybody that comes in here and brings stability to THIS cursed franchise's offensive woes is going to basically have his pick of NFL HC jobs shortly after. We'll be lucky enough to win the lottery on this once.

REVISion likes this.
  9. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I know that argument, but I don’t 100% agree with it. The same thing happens with coordinators whether the HC is offensive or not. The thought is, the offensive HC would promote from within and keep the same terminology. That makes logical sense, but it doesn’t mean the guy you promoted is any good just because the system is the same, just as it doesn’t mean an outside guy with a different system is bad. I’ve watched Josh Allen go through 3 coordinators in the last 4 years and it hasn’t affected anything. I watched them promote from within when daboll left to keep the same system and Ken Dorsey was terrible and got fired mid season. However, the guy with a new system looks really good. In Jacksonville they are asking Pederson if he’s going to take playcalling duties away from his OC because they stink. Having an offensive HC for stability makes sense only in theory, it doesn’t automatically work out that way. Get the best HC you can and don’t worry about what side of the ball he came from. Get a leader.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I love Aaron Glenn and loved watching him play

I don’t want him as our HC

I’m over first time defensive coaching hires

If it’s going to be a first time hire, I want a creative and successful OC like a Ben Johnson. Other than that, I want a proven guy

REVISion likes this.
  11. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The OC is basically irrelevant when you have an offensive HC because the HC is the de facto OC. Allen wasn't impacted by the Bills changing OCs because he's Allen.

Jets79 likes this.
  12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

This was more where my head was at when suggesting Bienemy. A disciplinarian who can harden up some of these SOFT players. Bienemy or someone like him, from a personality standpoint, is what is going to "maybe" straighten out the Jets. Not sure if that human being exists on the planet right now.