Your Head Coach choices for 2025

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 30, 2024 at 2:02 PM.

1. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

The track record since Parcells is so insanely bad. Bowles is the only guy who has gotten rehired.

And I totally agree. No one of worth will come here because of that moron Woody. No one of worth wants to be seen standing next to him. Parcells saw it. Belichek was smart enough to get out before he had to be next to him. This idiot has held this team back for over 20 years and it’s BS. Go the F away

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Bieniemy would be such a Jets hire. He was rejected by essentially every team in the league before finally getting his shot in Washington and immediately failing. It would be typical Jets to think we found something in a guy who has been rejected by so many other teams throughout the years. He also fits the "generic offensive guy" mold we'll be going for after Saleh's failure.

Bieniemy is the exact sort of hire we shouldn't make.

We need a young, innovative OC as our next HC. The top candidates within that category are going to have better options than the Jets, meaning the Jets need to find someone in the same mold who the rest of the league isn't fawning over quite yet. Unfortunately, it would take a smart GM and owner to identify such a candidate.

mezzavo, IDFjet, Jets79 and 1 other person like this.
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's an offense driven league. An overwhelming number of playoff teams have offense minded HC's. We have to get away from defense first coaches.

REVISion likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Rex was hired by BUF, Herm was hired by KC, Bowles by TB. Bowles is the only one thats had any kind of success elsewhere.

Jets81 likes this.
  5. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Pete Carrol was hired by Seattle.

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Mangini was also hired by the Browns.

7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Carroll is pre-Parcells.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Yup, forgot him. So essentially we’ve completely blown that other dude’s point out of the water that our HC’s don’t get jobs beyond the Jets. All but one did. Now, have those coaches had success…. Nope.

9. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He’s what this team needs though. Intense attention to detail and disciplinarian. These young players need him

mezzavo likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

This is where I’m at as well…I don’t think Bienemy would be a good hire…his claim to fame is being OC under Reid and he had Mahomes as his QB. That team was a great offense before him and since him…I’m pretty confident in saying that he was not the cause of all that success.

I just haven’t seen anything from him that indicates he’d be a good HC for us or any other team

I’d much prefer the Detroit OC Johnson over Bienemy and it’s not close

mezzavo, JetsNation06 and REVISion like this.
  12. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

This is correct, my bad. They didn't get hired again after those stints though

13. BrowningNagle

Johnson turned down several teams last offseason though. Even some good opportunities.

He’s not going to come here with a geriatric QB taking up half the cap room

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Bienemy doesn't add up for me. The announcers were promoting that guy during broadcasts the same way they were promoting Saleh in his last season with the 49ers, like every other week they'd have a mini-feature about him that the team had to have provided. Usually teams aren't all that eager to push a great coach out of the nest.

REVISion likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

Aaron Glenn! ? Detroit DC

mezzavo and abyzmul like this.
  16. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

I support this. Not because I think he's a great coach but because he is entertaining and I think the vibes would be off the charts. I also can't think of any realistic scenario of any top-tier candidate choosing the Jets.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I would sign up for that. Another rookie HC though. The only time that worked well for us was when Rex had Westhoff and Bill Callahan to help him along.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I'm not opposed to Vrabel or Carrol.. They don't strike me as great QB whispers though, that concerns me. I really wish we hired Harbaugh this past offseason. Sigh.

19. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

The problem is ownership and organizational structure, which handicaps whoever the gm and head coach is, causing anyone good to pass on the job for other opportunities. I like Slowik and Johnson, but they will have plenty of other and better options. The jets will need to find a guy who doesn’t, like an Aaron Glenn or someone like that.

Additionally, I’m not really bought into the “it has to be an offensive coach” guy. You’re looking for a leader, it doesn’t matter what side of the ball they come from. Plenty of defensive head coaches have great offenses, see McDermott and Ryan’s for example. If you find a franchise qb, the rest doesn’t matter. If you don’t find one, the offensive minded guy doesn’t matter (with a few exceptions). Guys like Tomlin, Vrabel, Belichick, McDermott, Ryans, Flores, etc are true leaders and it doesn’t matter that they came from the defensive side. McDermott is either the most aggressive offensive game manager or one of the most, it doesn’t matter that he was a DC.

Ownership would really have to make a monumental philosophical change to the way they do business in order attract a top GM candidate in, who would then be able to convince a top coaching candidate to come over other options.

20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Jets' ownership would have to develop an organizational philosophy first before they can even think about changing it. :D