This was a gut wrenching loss

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 29, 2024 at 6:55 PM.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This is probably the worst loss we've had under Saleh in his tenure. The Pats loss 10-3 on the punt return is the other one that comes to mind.

papapump, JetsKickAss and PabloJa like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This feels like the football version of Memento. Like they have to re-learn what worked for them last week and it's a hit-or-miss endeavor on whether they actually learn a lesson each week.

3. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

You would think that after 50+ years of this half-assed bullsheetery I would learn not to get my hopes up.

PS Nix did a great imitation of Zach, but he made just enough plays to embarrass salahs slugs.

westiedog1 likes this.
  4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

This was a miserable game to be at. Not sure what was worse, the Jets coaching and discipline or the weather forecast at 7am that gave less than 25% chance of rain all day but proceeded to not stop raining once from 10am on

5. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

I've sat in the rain many times in years past watching miserable Jets football when you knew deep down that we had absolutely zero chance to win.

I stuck around yesterday, soaked and freezing, until that kick sailed wide of the upright and the 5 Bronco fans in front of me started to obnoxiously celebrate.

That's the difference between yesterday and virtually any other game in the last 15 years. Belief. I really believed the offense would march down the field and score.

That's on me. This franchise has crushed our souls for decades. Why would it be any different now.

papapump, Nyjets4eva, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

my dont wrench no more.

am contemplating what i do to toxic people. whcih is just shut em out forever..

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I wish we could tattoo the lessons on Woody’s face.

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

That wasn’t gut wrenching for me. Predictably infuriating maybe.

abyzmul, Acad23 and REVISion like this.
  9. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I am at loss for words here.

Zach Wilson played better against Denver than Aaron Rodgers did. Rodgers was off all game. How do you go from looking elite to looking worse than Zach Wilson in 10 days? Did the team even practice during that time?

Breece Hall didn't show up, probably was hung over or something. Worst game of his career. No situational awareness, could barely move the ball. Had an EASY touchdown if he opened his eyes instead of just running into the pile. Failed in every short yard situation. Not sure why they refuse to use Allen there.

Garrett Wilson was invisible, like he wasn't even on the field and this has been the case all year. For a dude that's supposed to have pro bowl talent, this dude has done absolutely nothing. Maybe he was out drinking with Breece the night before. Elite WRs get open. He didn't. Full stop. We've been hoodwinked with Garret. He's not elite, he's a pretender. He's super sloppy with the ball, I knew fumbling would become an issue eventually.

The Jets made one of the worst rushing defenses in the league look like the 86 Bears. The Jets offensive line was horrible. Once again, way too many penalties.

With that much talent on offense there is no excuse for being unable to score more than 10 points and there is no excuse for failing to punch the ball in from the one or the ridiculous penalties.

Hackett is absolutely awful. He's still loyal to running up the middle in EVERY short yard situation. He won't get creative at all, this vanilla bullshit is why the Jets lost. They have no vertical game, they have no short game, every single play they made was like pulling teeth. They couldn't even get TWENTY YARDS when they were gifted 2 opportunities to do it. No bootlegs, no designed rollouts, no creativity at all, just the same vanilla game plan they've had for the last 2 years.

This team has zero chance of making the playoffs, we've been completely deceived by the talent level on this team. The defense is good enough, but the offense is STILL complete dog shit and that shouldn't be the case at this point.

24McNeil, SOJAZ and cval like this.
  10. Jets OG fan

I'm not blaming Lazard for that. Players are allowed to do almost anything now celebration wise but they nitpick shit just because it can look like a gun??? What an utterly stupid call by the ref. NFL needs to fix this shit.

Think about how fucking stupid this is. School shootings happen all the time and the idiots in DC won't lift a finger to fix it, but the NFL punishes people for imaginary guns. How motherfucking stupid. We are out of touch with reality. Fuck the government and fuck the NFL.

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Apples and oranges, Denver beefed up their defense from last year.

Our OL failed to open lanes for most of the game.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Gunplay" celebrations have been banned by the league for more than a decade. It's okay that you don't know that but inexcusable that the players don't. Another failure of NYJ coaching.

James Hasty, REVISion and jets_fan like this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I ask why any of you feel this way...this is what this stiff is and has been in his tenure. I am so glad I do have Utube to watch this ... this happened under Rex, AG and now this stiff.... this is the SOJ HC 101 and we have all seen this BS.... not holding people accountable, and as a result you have ineptititude....

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I saw a lot of Broncos fans at the game.

It was such a disappointing game to attend. With the Jets I go in knowing there are no sure things especially when they're favored by so much.

I was a bit wary but not for a second did I think I would witness the same type of trash offensive performance we saw many times last season. Not with Aaron Rodgers at QB.

First play of the game he took a sack which turned out to be a sign of things to come.

You could name any ____ bum QB from Jets season past or Jets trash offensive showing and that's exactly what we got. WITH Aaron Rodgers at QB. It reminded me of the Falcons-Jets game I went to last season also played in crappy weather.

The most gut wrenching part is that as badly as the offense played they should have won the game but the stinkin kicker missed the game winning kick.

One final kick to the nuts on the way out.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  15. Jets OG fan

More than a decade? I've never heard that rule about guns specifically, but my point is that it's a stupid rule that is completely out of touch with reality. Do they really think his gesture was actually symbolic of shooting and killing people? Of course it wasn't, it was just about sharp shooting accuracy that Rodgers is often known for.

It's just stupid. If guns are that big of a problem, then the government needs to do something instead of sitting on its ass while moronic organizations like the NFL ban symbolic metaphorical gestures that mean nothing, while gun regulations are garbage in most states.

If that's actually a rule, then Lazard should have known that, but it's still an insanely stupid rule.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. Jets OG fan

Same with last year.

17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

At least a decade - Jets QB Matt Simms was fined $8000 dollars in 2013 for a similar gesture. It has nothing to do with the government but the NFL decided long ago they didn't want such things as a part of their show. Less than a week before Lazard pulled his dopey stunt, Drake London of the Falcons was fined $14,000 for the same act. He was dopey enough to do it in the same state that had tallied the latest school shooting. Lazard would have known about it if one of the dozen or so Jets coaches was bright enough to make sure everyone knew what the rules were. That failure is inexcusable.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

was London flagged on the field though?

they fine people all the time but “forget” to flag them on the field

that’s how they should’ve approached this with Lazard. Don’t ruin the football game. Let the players decide the game and then make your silly stand against gun celebrations during the week

abyzmul likes this.
  19. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

What was so gut-wrenching about? Isn't it about time you got used to this? I sure am more than used to this shitfest, and I know for a fact that there is literally no hope. I'm a Jets fan for a reason. Right?

20. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Agreed, it's really stupid to let something that doesn't affect the game have a penalty effect on the outcome. Just another way for refs to control the flow of the game...