2024 - Week 5: New York Jets at Minnesota Vikings ( 9:30 AM Sunday)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 29, 2024 at 7:20 PM.

?

Who will win?

This poll will close on Oct 6, 2024 at 4:20 AM.
  1. Jets

20.7%
  2. Vikings

79.3%
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

London game is here.

We have TGG posters flying over to London for this game and we have friends from Britain attending this game.

I hope Jets win but my hopes are dim.

Safe travels @GreenFan15J and other fans flying over and good luck our hosts @donkey and @ukjetsfan

Go Jets!

Win and keep our hopes up.

P.S. Woody Johnson is a trust fund baby and he should sell the team to a guy who cares about winning.

barfolomew and ukjetsfan like this.
  2. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I am travelling down to the game but mainly only because I already have tickets

As I said (many times) at the time - the Jets should have kept Darnold and traded the #2 pick to the Niners for 3 first rounders (which is what they gave the Phins for the #3 pick) - I am not saying Darnold was/is the answer but it was obvious to anyone with eyes to see that ZW wasn't going to be an improvement. I am sure Darnold is looking forward to embarrassing the Jets (though he will have to be quick as they normally like to embarrass themselves).

SOJAZ and papapump like this.
  3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of who wins. The Vikings have this thing already. It's just a matter of how much they beat us by and how foolish Sam Darnold makes our front office look.

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The funny thing is if Zuerlein had made that field goal, by next week, the loudest voices on TGG would be talking themselves into making us the favorite against the Vikings.

mrjet80 and mezzavo like this.
  5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Championship!

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Today at MetLife NYJs gave Z Wilson. A homecoming he will never forget Cant wait to see special treatment they give to Sam Darnold ..stink up 2.0 for all the Brits to seewait to se

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Jets gonna get scorched in this one. The collapse begins as does the dissention. Rodgers is gonna slowly muscle Saleh out.

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Vikings 31
    Jets 17

Our defense will get smoked by Darnold. He is the MVP of the league right now and I expect that to continue next week.

9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Part of me what’s to believe It would be completely illogical but not entirely tJet like to beat the Vikings

just enough show to keep shit coaching staff from being fired

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Weird feeling they win this one. I have no statistical backing to feel like this, but I think they do. Vikings aren't going to go 16-1 or 15-2 and they just had an emotional win over GB. Outside of that, I got nothing.

Ill Will and REVISion like this.
  11. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

I vote Jets to win.

We are the DOGS. UNDERDOGS and DOGS any way you look at the Jets.

Dogs have no class, no principles, no reason to beat the Vikings...except perhaps to show the Football World the middle finger!

Rage against the darksiders and naysayers. Achieve a win and shut them all up!

Never, never, never give up.

JeTsInTexas and Brook! like this.
  12. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Low expectations is what the Jets have going for them. That and Aaron Rodgers.

13. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I got a repeat 7-10 for '25.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Less worried about Darnold and that offense. Way more worried about the defense wrecking our piece of shit offensive line.

Flores coaches a really aggressive attacking style of defense and they lead the league in sacks and interceptions.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Flores should be looked closely at this offseason as a replacement for Saleh. He can coach and got a raw deal in Miami. People want accountability, he's almost extreme in that regard in terms of modern standards

after teams see yesterday's film, they are going to blitz the hell out of this offense

Acad23 and Cman68 like this.
  16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I would hold Rodgers out of this London game and let Tyrod take the ass kickin. Rodgers is one more big hit from the IRL and we can't afford that.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Only benefit is they don't have the best corner on the other side of the field. I don't trust Hackett to out scheme Flores though so.. yeah.

Jordan Love did just throw for almost 400 yards vs them

18. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Jets - 3
    Vikings - 31

Flores' defense is going to obliterate this offense...

19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I mean....it would almost be another completely fitting moment in Jets Failure lore that, following one of the most crushing mental loses i can remember, we see MVP candidate Sam freaking Darnold completely dice us up while all but putting the nail in the hyped up 2024 expectation coffin.

Think I'm actually buying in to the Vikings being legit in a softer NFC. *They* also look like the team that i bet wishes they took Brock Bowers right about now :)

20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I agree this just screams mismatch all over it. Vikings defense will handle the Jets offense. Vikings offense is going to pass all over our defense. It's going to be week 1 all over again like what Purdy did to us but worse. The only way the Jets win this game is if the defense gets multiple turnovers.

Hopefully the Texans beat the Bills so then we head into the MNF game with first place on the line and perhaps turn it around there. I just don't see it happening in London.

mezzavo likes this.