Couple things...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by twown, Sep 20, 2024.

1. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I don't listen to the audio. I prefer watching slow-motion football while listening to fast-motion music, so forgive me if I'm saying really obvious stuff. I won't talk about the idiot penalties, for example. (Irv Charles... REALLY?)

First... Sorry, gloomers. Yes, our coaching is weak, but we just have so much talent. Rodgers in total command. Surgical. And his targets shined, top to bottom. The Hall/Allen combo is just punishing. How do you handle our skill players? Stock up on everyone who touches the ball.

But what's up with the exterior run-blocking? Way too many blown-up runs via whiffed blocks outside the edge. Jesus, Ruckert. Try keeping your eyes open when the ball is snapped.

Gipson hates to fair catch, and I love it... for now.

My favorite play call of the game, among many, was the first down from our own 9 with about 8:00 left following the last Pats punt. Pats stacking the box. Play-action, AR takes 8 EASY yards to Garrett on the comeback with single-coverage. Damn that was easy!

I saw a prominent article on ESPN.com yesterday about how Sauce's legacy may be hurt by his not getting picks. As if I could hate ESPN more, infecting Sauce with this line of thinking. Sure enough, at the end of the half, Pats throw up a Hail Mary, and it ends up being knocked around and it lands at Sauce's feet. Sauce collapses on the ground with his head in his hands at the missed opportunity.

SAUCE! You are too good! A pick there means nothing! Play your game!

ESPN! You are somehow more bad than Sauce is good! STFU!

On the D front, next men up are nexting the eff up. Ball back in your court, Reddick.

#1 twown, Sep 20, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 20, 2024
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's gotta be the postiest post ever.

3. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Hmm. I don’t start threads much, so I don’t want to comment until I see the film, but iwe will come out tomorrow with the mindset that we need to get better. It starts with me.

Acad23 likes this.
  4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The scary part of getting into the playoffs is that it *feels* like the playing field is relatively level and it’s generally down to QB and coach vs. QB and coach.

They need to get Hackett some adderall or something because he just loses focus calling plays. Saleh also has to keep that second timeout and eat the second delay of game. You can’t lose two timeouts in the same drive for that.

HOWEVER, they did make adjustments. Defense brought pressure and looks like they played some man on the outside. I couldn’t call out every run play on offense and there was a good mix of play action.

As frustrating as parts of that was yesterday, I think the coaching staff showed some promise and progress.

AtlantaJet, stinkyB and Dierking like this.
  5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

JV

you know football very well man. Wish you could start a thread every week and dissect the game in detail and share your observations..

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I think they need to run no huddle until they get the clock management issues settled down.