Newsflash: Vinny STILL to retire a Jet (probably)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Dr. Christian Troy, Jan 5, 2007.

1. boomer

boomer Active Member

I love Vinny and everything he has done for us. But seeing him take that knee against us in that playoff game was like a sucker punch to the nads.

2. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He will find no quarter from this Jets fan. What he did is near treason.

#22 JetsVilma28, Jan 18, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't know about you, but Testaverde gave me more pain than happiness.
    He was great in 1998.
    He got injured (obviously didn't do so on purpose) in 1999 and it ruined the season.
    He was okay in 2000.
    He was awful in 2001. He helped the Patriots win the division that year when he played miserably in the 12-2-01 game. The interception to Terrell Buckley was particularly atrocious.
    In 2002 he was garbage.
    In 2003 he was adequate.
    In 2005 he was garbage.

I don't see how one "great" season (quotes would not appear if the Jets won the Super Bowl that season) outweighs 6 years of injuries and subpar performances.

4. Sundayjack

Sundayjack pǝʇɔıppɐ ʎןןɐʇoʇ

If you liked that, just wait until you seem him in his next great performance:

5. plinko

plinko Absolute Ruler

I hope vinny drops dead.

6. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

In 2000 he led the NFL in interceptions and cost the Jets a playoff spot with a personnally gift wrapped loss to the Ravens on Christmas Eve. Let's face it, he had one good year. After his achilles injury, he no longer wanted to get hit and threw the ball anytime a DL got within 5 feet of him. He was useless after 98 except for a game here and there. I don't understand why he is idolized by some and Pennington, who is the much better QB, is critisized. Again, the infatuation with arm strength rather than football intelligence and accuracy and winning.

And I couldn't care less if he "retires" as a Jet or not. In fact, after playing for the evil empire in NE this year, grinning on the sidelines as the Pats beat the Jets, I would not let him retire as a Jet. What good does a ring get him as the 3rd string QB for a few games. If he wants a ring that badly, why doesn't he buy one from some former bankrupt player who is selling his. He will have deserved the one he bought as much as the one he would win this year with NE. Then again, if he wants a ring so badly, why doesn't he go into coaching. But the current situation with him in a Pats uniform is entirely unacceptable to me as a Jet fan.

#26 Joe Willie White Shoes, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  7. ThunderbirdJet

ThunderbirdJet New Member

Can a team refuse to let a player retire with them? Vinny should be the test case. maybe Cleveland wants him.

8. JohnnyHector

JohnnyHector Member

He may have went down on his knee against us but it was BB that sent him in there. Vinny gave us a lot of great moments. He was miss coached under that blundering fool Edwards that didn't like to score much.

9. Vin

Vin Banned

I think Vinny knows that now. :lol:

10. Vin

Vin Banned

Okay now THAT was uncalled for, buddy. :mad:

11. Jetsman5137

Jetsman5137 New Member

Im glad Vinny didnt get the ring and he doesnt deserve to either after backstabbing us.

12. CHREBETSTHEBEST80

CHREBETSTHEBEST80 New Member

he has no business retiring as a Jet he should of thought about that before he signed with the Pats.

13. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member

So what vinny went to pats. the guy loved the game of football and wante dto still be around the game. at his age its hard to be picked up by a team its not like he had 5 teams after him. if it was between the jets and pats he would have signed with us .. ill never hate vinny. 98 season was awesome and then when he came back last year against tampa that was awesome to.
    the place went nuts. I guess jerry rice didnt belong retiring as a 49er because he went to oakland.. as for the guy that said he should drop dead. ur an a$$hole.

14. jets94nj

jets94nj Active Member