Aaron Rodgers is the problem

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Faux machine, Sep 10, 2024.

1. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

19 is more than the Niners allowed on average last year. That is the norm for that team. Offense had a bunch of mistakes, but the defense got manhandled.

I'm not that worried. This is one of the best defenses and teams in general in the NFL right now They are loaded with talent even without CMC.

This team has barely had any live game reps together on offense. If the team continues to struggle against the Titans / Patriots, I'll start to get more worried.

#41 Jets OG fan, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    Acad23 and REVISion like this.
  2. Jets OG fan

I dunno, the vanilla predictable RUN through the middle into the heart of the niners defense on 3rd and 1 or on an 2 point conversion is the type of shit we saw all last year. I don't think Rodgers calls every single play, but he definitely adjusts when needed.

dmw likes this.
  3. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Then it is not "Elite"

Tell me something: How "Gassed" was the defense after they sat the entire halftime, only to allow the 49ers to march down the field for 78 Yards for a TD to start the third quarter?

5. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

We can complain all day, especially since we are Jets fans. We are experts at complaining. On the other hand, Rodgers made some elite throws. He threw a few quick, accurate screens, which we haven't seen on the Jets in years. His TD throw to Lazard was classic Rodgers. Draw the D offsides and then throw a long strike for a TD. Sweet!

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And half the niners starters were replaced when Taylor took over. Total garbage time.

The other Lazard TD was semi garbage time losing 23-7 at end of 3rd quarter.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  7. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers isn't the problem. The completely unrealistic surrounding outlooks and expectations of what this offense was going to look like with Hackett as it's OC *IS*.

The only people surprised at yesterday's outcome were the ones that spent the winter happily drinking up the Koolaid that "it doesn't matter we have no real OC and a terrible offensive coaching room with Rodgers as your QB", and which of course just branched out into further foolish line of thinking that was obsessing over who the "bigger name" WR2 was gonna be in a handicapped ceiling offense that would most certainly *NOT* utilize it to any noteworthy potential.

The 2024 Jets team and offense was never actually poised to make some massive jump forward. Not in the standings, and not on offense. Last night *IS* what better QB play looks like in what is probably still and at best only improving from league worst to below average overall. Enjoy that for what it is.

Last night we lost a game we were 100% supposed to lose. On to Tenn. Honestly Rodgers was the high point of last night for me. I thought he looked good overall. It'll certainly be a more fun step up to watch all season then Zach Wilson. It's just not gonna be anywhere near as consistently fun as people naively hoped with the Hackett offense supporting it.

Welcome to week 1 reality.

#47 Kronoking, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2024
    HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Imagine being this dumb and watching the other team score 8 straight times and have the nerve to come on here and say the offense was the problem. You’re not a serious person or just flat out trolling at this point.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

My take:

Rodgers wasn’t great, but he showed us what a real fucking QB can do. How many times have we seen our QB struggle to throw a 3 yard pass on 3rd and 8? Feels like forever! AR completed several long 3rd downs by, you know, actually throwing the ball past the sticks! That offsides TD pass was vintage Rodgers…we’ve seen that in, like, NEVER. We haven’t had a QB like this in years. Was he rusty after not playing in two years and coming off a major injury at 40 years old? Yes. But Lazard dropped a pass that hit him in the hands that would’ve extended that first drive.

The stat line wasn’t great for Rodgers, but the pick was off a deflection on a low pass…not a stupid throw into triple coverage or a dumb throw up like we’ve seen Zach do so many times.

QB play was rusty but already showed signs of being better than anything we’ve had in years…certainly since we saw Fitz play well for all but the last game in 2015.

The Defense, however…now THAT was a problem. Can’t let teams keep the ball forever. We gave up 8 straight scoring drives, and didn’t stop them until they took a knee on that last drive to end the game. That is DISGUSTING.

As soon as we gave up a 7 minute drive right out the half I knew we were done.

10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Rodgers looked good in the limited opportunities he had. He had a bad pass on the 4th down play call (why no QB sneak on 3rd or 4th and short?) and was late on the INT but outside of that, everything else was on the money. 3 drives were stopped by self inflicted errors like the Lazard drop, the Breece Hall fumble, and Tyron Smith and Moses getting absolutely blown up and leading to a sack when Rogers have no time to even get off a pass. People on here acting like this is on Rodgers are silly. They completely look over the beloved defense let up 8 straight scoring drives. If they get even 2 more stops, we could possibly be looking at a much closer score. ARod is the least of our worries right now. If people want to find something to complain about, look at the HC gameplan and the defense who couldnt stop a nose bleed.

dmw and Jets79 like this.
  11. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

People need to lighten up on Lazard. When were down by 3 scores, he's a beast.

12. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I actually think AROD played better than I expected. He was just barely off on a couple of throws that were tight but there (the INT, an incompletion or two to GW) but that were the right reads and catchable against what might be the best defense in the NFL. I don't think expecting him to be the "savior" at this age and post injury is a fair expectation. I have fewer concerns about him post-game than I did pre-game.

This team needs GW, Breece, the secondary, and a D-lineman to excel and make game-changing plays if it is going to take the step to be a playoff team.

Last night our "best players" got outplayed. GW had 2-3 plays where he "coulda" make a catch but didn't-- and resulted in a couple of incompletions and an INT. Breece had a fumble and in the few times when he had some blocking didn't quite look like he had the extra gear weve' seen in the past. Q. failed to beat double-teams and failed to get sacks or TFL even though he was sickeningly close a couple of times. The Jets D-ends failed to pressure Purdy or effectively stop the run. The vaunted secondary was a sieve from starting CBs to "highest paid slot corner".

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

14. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Lazard was always gonna be Rodgers' #2 production WR by a fair amount in this 2024 offense, and is probably worth the fantasy team flyer pickup just because of that imo :)

Politics matter, and it's his boy's show this year. Zero chance he was getting phased out like last year.

ouchy likes this.
  15. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Mike Williams is coming off of an injury.

The one thing the coaches did right was to ease him into the offense instead of getting him hurt in a game we were going to lose anyway.

Like Lazard he also got paid which could see him moving up to the number two spot before the season is over.

Maybe one of the rookies gets to play next time.

16. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

He can't elevate anything from the sideline. I was reading...of the final 51 plays of the game the defense was on the field for 44 of them. You aren't scoring jack if you are only getting 7 of the last 51 plays of the game.

jets_fan likes this.
  17. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

No kidding. Aaron Rodgers (and the rest of the offense) were just cameos in the Jordan Mason show.

The reactions should be fun when Will Levis and the Titans make our defense look equally as foolish next week.

mezzavo likes this.
  18. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Defense couldn't stop a nosebleed. Breece Hall couldn't get anything going. SF held the ball more than double the amount we did. Expected more from the offense, but the Niners are very good and the starters didn't play the preseason. They'll figure it out.

19. Jets OG fan

Aaron Rodgers rated the best Jet grade on Monday, but yeah, HE'S the problem. :confused:

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Who did the grading? his buddy Pat McAfee?

Ralebird likes this.