FIRE ROBERT SALEH NOW!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Sep 9, 2024.

1. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Not yet at least.

2. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Not happy with a loss but we did just play a pretty good team on the road!

We definitely need to do a better job stopping the run

ouchy, MDJets and westiedog1 like this.
  3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Apologies if this has already been said, but I don't have the heart to read through so many posts with opinions on what went wrong last night.

I just wanted to say that I am so tired of Saleh. The guy is an absolute fraud. He was reported as saying, 'when we want to stop the run, we'll stop the run'. So I guess he just didn't want to stop the run last night.

I've never seen a more complacent-looking coach. The guy should be a Pilates instructor.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

No doubt Saleh s on a short leash. I am curious to see what adjustments are made on both sides of the ball for the next 2-3 games.

5. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Looks like the folks who said that our run defense would take a hit this year were mostly correct, although 1 game is a bit early to judge. Jets losing JFM & Jefferson seemed to hurt a lot last night. Jets need to call Reddick ASAP.

I'm not blaming Saleh. They prepared for CMC the last 2 weeks and then you suddenly have to face another RB with a game time decision (which was completely BS and should be investigated).

Now, this IS the 49ers, they are a loaded team. We'll see how the next couple weeks go. I'm not going to point any fingers just yet. This was arguably the hardest game of the season and it was right in week one.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Come on, that's an excuse. Jordan Mason was part of the roster. McCaffrey could get hurt at any moment of a game. If Mason is on the roster, you prepare for him, case closed.

7. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

They play 3 of the bottom 5 team in the NFL in the next 4 weeks. You go 0-4, he's a goner. Has to be. Cannot sit through 17 games of this again.

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  8. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

For the "it's one game" crowd :
    Saleh - 18 and 24 (.346 career) -, the fourth-worst winning percentage among the 18 full-time coaches in franchise history. He's ahead of Adam Gase (9-23, .281), Lou Holtz (3-10, .231) and Rich Kotite (4-28, .125).
    I can't remember the time a HC was hired and failed to have a winning record in his first 3 years but here we are in familiar territory (last place in the division, year 4)

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

today's headline "0-1 with Rodgers better than 1-0 in 2023"

I can't believe this guy. Is the goal to win football games or have a fun little time with Aaron Rodgers

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Bingo... and I just listen to HC presser and he is a clueless clown... his take was the "D players were over compensating trying to do to much." That is BS, they were out coached and worst manhandled...

westiedog1 likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Look…honestly I don’t put too much into what he says in a press conference…he may just be saying that to the public but inside the room with the coaches and players he may be saying what we all saw…they were outmanned.

To me, fuck the press conference bullshit, we need to see improved performance on the field.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I see posts about gameplanning... & that's the thing, I don't see any opponent-specific gameplanning on either side of the ball.
    Saleh has a "this is what we do" philosophy... " & we'll do it over & over & over. No adjustments needed.
    Absolutely, no creativity, other than in finding new cliches.
    Yesterday, I heard one of the new players say an oldie, but goodie... "we got to keep the main thing, the main thing." smh...

13. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

That fucking guy should be EMBARRASSED!!!! If he is, you wouldn't know it. What a douche...

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Sir, would you PLEASE pass whatever your smoking? The Jets prepared for the best RB in the league and, when he couldn't go, they decided to let themselves get LIT THE FUCK UP by a 3rd string guy that, according to the broadcasters, had more carries in this game than in any other game he's played INCLUDING High School...where you basically run on 3 of the 4 downs! Tell me, is THAT what you are trying to convey with this?

SOJAZ, Ralebird and Cromartie's_kid like this.
  15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If last night's performance wasn't enough, this press conference alone should have resulted in his firing. Talk about someone who is completely oblivious to what is going on around him. We're in a better spot at 0-1 than 1-0? We sucked so bad last night because everyone was trying too hard? What a load of crap.

I know Woody doesn't make in season changes, but he needs to make one.... NOW! We can't break the playoff drought with this man leading the team forward.

SOJAZ and James Hasty like this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Garrett Wilson has more sense than his coach. Wilson “we were whooped. Reality check.”

that should be the head coach’s line and Saleh’s should be the WRs line

mezzavo likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They did try to make an adjustment in the second half but it was non-sensical. They kept the wide 9 and looked like they were walking Quincy up to play a 5 man front for periods of time.

It actually would’ve been a good adjustment if they changed their alignment to a traditional 5-2 and put another defensive lineman on the field rather than wasting your best sideline to sideline speed asset getting blown off the ball by a tackle or Kittle.

#77 Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 10, 2024
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2024
    SOJAZ likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The guy may have hired the wrong people to run his football operations but that doesn't excuse their failure. You can't call them scapegoats and defend them at the same time you are decrying their hiring when they are the ones responsible for the results. Their removal is overdue.

SOJAZ likes this.
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And once it is complete, the next incompetent group can get started drafting a crappy QB and losing 12 games a season.

20. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I dont see how Saleh could be on a short leash--first, our current DC would have to go as well since he's merely a shell. So we'd be down a HC and DC and then what--have the shitty OC as head coach?

No my friend, this is JD's mess just like he saddled us with no backup QB when AR went down, no DE replacement for Reddick, we have no lever to pull in terms of management at this point.