First game rust?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by typeOnegative13NY, Sep 9, 2024.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

So after that shit show, do you chalk it up to first game rust, with starters not playing pre season at all?
    Or are you alarmed , especially with the defense? Even though I had no idea what to expect this year, I didn’t expect the defense to get carved like that, and lack a pass rush.

Sometimes I guess it’s good to get that out of the way. But I’m not sure I have the faith in the coaching staff to properly learn from it

2. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'm worried about the defense.

We'll find out in the coming weeks if it was just going against the 49ers still no excuse for playing like that or if the Niners exposed a fatal flaw in this Jets defense.

That they're soft and can't stop the run.

Or the pass. LOL

What a show that was eh?

3. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I'm not alarmed because I knew exactly what was coming. They gutted the biggest strength this defense had, the d-line and pass rush, and replaced it with nothing. We have a terrible OC, an old and injury-prone O-line, and a "head coach" who couldn't coach his way through an open doorway.

This team, as it is currently constructed, is not a playoff team.

4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

No need to be alarmed. It's just Jets being Jets. Nothing new. We've seen it for the past 10+ years.

themorey, cval and barfolomew like this.
  5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I chalk it up to the gods punishing our hubris. Some of you rtards were talking about Super Bowl before the season started just like you did last year before our qb blew his shit

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I was expecting the Oline to be bad early because of the massive change in personnel, but you make adjustments for that, you don't assume they are awesome and run your bell cow up the middle all game like a moron. You don't limit the players that can make plays for you, especially when the ones you are featuring are double covered all game. On defense... absolutely no excuses. Saleh should get murdered by the press for that crap.

I don't expect things to go all that well but there's always the weak ass schedule to fool us. I think the Jets miss the playoffs again.

LostInMA, Pepsiguy5, mezzavo and 6 others like this.
  7. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

well it would have been nice if AR was able to complete his first game with us. guess we'll try next week.

WarriorRB28 and barfolomew like this.
  8. jets_fan

And in typical Jets fashion, they'll do just enough during that stretch (while still accomplishing nothing of any consequence) to make a lot of people forget about how bad they actually are.

14 years and counting. They really should just refocus the organization and set their sights on breaking the all-time playoff drought record. That's something they're more than capable of accomplishing, unlike, you know, actually winning football games.

barfolomew and abyzmul like this.
  9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is exactly what I expected. A middle of the pack team with a middle of the pack QB will produce that result when visiting a top team pissed about their Super Bowl loss. I still think this team is better than the last couple years. I also think it's pathetic that this is the best Douglas and Saleh could come up with in an all-in year after all those years of losing.

mezzavo, barfolomew and abyzmul like this.
  10. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

This team could have been submerged in WD40 and it would not make a difference with this coaching staff.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

What's a weak schedule to a organization that hasn't made the playoffs since 2010? Coming off this game?

Tennessee won't be easy I think. They were up 17-0 yesterday before choking away the game.

Other teams look at their schedule see the Jets think to themselves oh yeah that's a W right there.

mezzavo likes this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

You give this team way too much credit. This team's draft status says otherwise. Jets always draft early.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Alarms are off. This game was a beat down and now they have to go on the road in a short week

barfolomew likes this.
  14. jets_fan

Exactly. We'll be extremely lucky to be sitting at 1-1 if we somehow beat the Titans.

Unfortunately, 0-3 isn't out of the question either, which would be really sad heading into what should have been, on paper, a very winnable game against a bad Broncos team.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

I think everyone should be alarmed by this. I didn't think the Jets would win tonight but I sure thought they would keep things close. Instead they got blown off the ball and that's unacceptable.

barfolomew likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

24 hours ago most posters had us beating the 49ers. I didn't because they're one of the best teams in football and we're not. That doesn't mean we can't win 8 or 9 games, though of course even that result in the regime's all-in season is pathetic and a fireable offense.

barfolomew likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can’t use the rust excuse, everyone has the same preseason schedule to adapt to.

Positives:
    • Its game one and a non conference road spot that doesn’t matter a ton in the grand scheme of things
    • Aaron Rodgers still has a cannon
    • The offensive line wasn’t leaking in pass protection
    • GW5 is a super star
    • Got out of there relatively injury free
    Negatives
    • The defense looked awful and the piss poor run defense could be a theme. We have two 3T (Kinlaw, Q) and two undersized defensive tackles with no real run stopper
    • Jamien Sherwood is just not a NFL linebacker no matter how many years in a row the Jets tell themselves that. They need to sign a LB off the street or give Surratt some run
    • Aaron Rodgers needs to adjust to finding the open man, not just trying to throw the best guy open
    • Throw the fucking toss run out of the playbook for now
    • Use the tightend
    • Stop running wide 9 with gaping holes in the alignment against good running teams

Pepsiguy5, Brook!, Acad23 and 7 others like this.
  18. typeOnegative13NY

I don’t know. I was completely shocked by the defense getting destroyed. I guess I shouldn’t be surprised by hacketts run, run,pass, fail , with Rodgers back. But I was.

But I still think the team is loaded with talent. So I’m gonna wait and see what happens next week before I throw it in. They got their on paper pre season hype shoved down their throats last night . Now it’s all reality. Let’s see how they respond.

Pepsiguy5, ouchy and barfolomew like this.
  19. typeOnegative13NY

Fair enough. But are we the only team that has starters see no game action in pre season? Or are a lot of teams doing that now? I didn’t watch any of it this year

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t watch a lot of preseason but I doubt we’re the only team that limited starters play.

Although I would agree that an offense like ours in particular with a brand new offensive line and QB and receivers for the most part probably should’ve had some game time run. The defense being bullied like they were is on them.

Ralebird and typeOnegative13NY like this.