Some Info on Nabers from Tony Pauline

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NCJetsfan, Apr 21, 2024.

1. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Take this with a grain of salt, but I saw on another site where a poster said he had a conversation with Tony Pauline on JA, and he had the following information on Nabers.

If any of this is true, would it change your opinion on wanting Nabers?

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who can blame a guy for having a gun at Mardi Gras?

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Gun charges are the new dirty piss test.

Murrell2878 likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Sounds terrible. I feel that top 9 teams in the draft should not touch this guy.

But really, I feel very skeptical about the report. "May have assaulted a girl on campus that was covered up". In this day and age I just don't see it. Matt Araiza was proven innocent and yet his career has been ruined over mere accusation of this. I don't see how Nabers would escape if he actually did it. If he is there at 10, I am sprinting to the podium. and announcing the pick myself. But of course he won't be there at 10.

#4 Borat, Apr 21, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    dawinner127 and NOVAJET like this.
  5. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Who are Fanuata and Fanashu lol

REVISion likes this.
  6. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Didn’t want him before the report. Changes nothing.

7. NCJetsfan

Fautanu is Fanuata and Fanashu is Fashanu. I know that poster. We used to post on the old NY Times Forum together for 5-10 years. Spelling is not his strong suit, but he's been a draftnik for 60+ years. He knew Joel Buchsbaum well and knows Tony Pauline pretty well.

8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Ha! Honestly this year it’s a bit hard to keep all these tackles straight as the names are kind of similar! Fashanu, Fanuata, a few others are similar! If you don’t follow it closely (and I don’t!) it’s sometimes hard to remember who is who…

9. NCJetsfan

Colleges still protect young men, especially big time athletes. They cover stuff up, don't investigate or do a sham investigation. I don't doubt that any of that could be true. I'm not saying that it is, but it easily could be.

10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Hard to known what to believe anymore…could also be smokescreens or stuff put out there to see if it makes a player fall. Who knows. I think all these things should be taken seriously especially if they relate to criminal behavior, but I think pretty much all teams have the security type personnel whose job it is to sort these out.

If any of that is true, yeah, he has to come off the board. But unless some of that is true, I don’t think he’ll be there at 10 so probably won’t impact our draft.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Omg new photo of Nabers just leaked. There is no way he should be a top 9 pick

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Of course it's all speculation and "click bait" at this point, but I hope the part about the Jets leaning towards OL at #10 is true.

On a related note, the report that Douglas may not be all in on AVT at this point, coupled with the above rumor, may mean that he'd consider a G as well as a T at #10 - although I sure hope not.

NCJetsfan and Borat like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Good God it doesn’t appear the type our leadership would consider. Will see if he drops. That would move Roman up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I have an absolute hard time buying into the “ not all in on AVT” believe aside his injury concern he is a stellar performer and great team mate.

Jets79 likes this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Hopefully JD “leaked” this lol

Nabers is an absolute stud and if he’s there at 10 we sprint to the podium

REVISion and Borat like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

2/3 of these guys have HOF numbers and 3/3 have HOF talent. Diggs, Antonio Brown and OBJ.

So if he’s got that, that’s a good sign.

17. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

This time of year i always take those reports with a huge grain of salt.

It could be bad news/rumors causing him to drop

It could be true. Aaron Hernandez supposedly had all of this and more and he did drop, but given the rumors one can wonder why he was on any draft boards at all. And we now know those rumors being spread were in fact true and foretold a very troubled person

Due Diligence.

18. NCJetsfan

I can understand that, and it would be a bit surprising, but perhaps he's fed up with all the OL injuries, and maybe AVT hasn't worked hard to rehab or been very critical of Hackett. Another reason is that perhaps JD and AVT's agent have already had some discussions about extending him, and the amount they want is way too much or more than the Jets can afford and JD is willing to pay for an OG. There also could be other reasons that we don't know about.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This falls into the category of "other than that, Mrs Lincoln, how was the play?" Two years of serious injury for a Guard is enough on it's own not to be all in. Forget about 5th year option for a second, and ask yourself, given where we are with AVT, the injury history last two years, would you work on a 15 mil extension for him right now? Or is it better to see his last year 2024 play out as a "prove it" deal, and then try to extend if it makes sense. I think it's best to see this year play out. If he can stay healthy and plays well, then we can extend him next year.

Dickerson just signed effectively a 3 year extension for 50 mil - that 16.6 annually, and he made 2 pro bowls and stayed healthy in NFL. If AVT stays healthy and makes Pro Bowl, we can probably extend him for something similar, which btw is not much more than 15 mil annually at that point. But now ... I think the smart thing to do is to decline the option. And to handle this after the draft without stirring the pot now.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True, true. Although Ariana got totally hosed even after proven innocent.