With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's not some grand mystery how a big fast receiver could benefit an offense.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

It's funny, you simultaneously say it's more difficult to project how an OL would benefit us while saying it's clear we should go OL. The argument is completely incoherent.

chandler and dawinner127 like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

well that’s weird, I took a stab at projections cause you wouldn’t give it up but then you won’t

REVISion and dawinner127 like this.
  4. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I didn't say anything there about it being difficult to projection "benefit'. Don't put worlds in my mouth as a means to just further your running away stance there.

Step up or step away already man :)

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Your reading comprehension is flawed, or you're just being obtuse. Here's what I said:

"ANY player taken at #10 is presumably a "stud", and ANY player, taken at ANY slot can be a bust. Within those parameters we have to make certain assumptions - even GMs have to."

Where do you get putting words in my mouth? Here's what you said:

"You called the tackle we would take at 10 a stud because he’s the 10th pick, but then said we need to worry about Bowers being a bust if we take him at 10". I actually did NOT call the tackle taken at #10 a stud. For one thing, we don't know which OT that might be. IMO only ALT and Fashanu are "studs", but Douglas might think differently, and if he actually took one of those other OTs a #10 wouldn't it be safe to assume that HE thinks they're a stud? And I didn't say that we specifically need to worry about Brock being bust, as my comment said "...ANY player, taken at ANY slot can be a bust."

So really all you're doing here is making a straw man argument. Don't bother. We don't agree, and will likely never agree. That's fine. I don't care.

I apologize if I missed the one or two times you'd be "perfectly fine" taking an OT at #10, amongst the too many to count times you've said Brock is the only pick that makes any sense to you, and that you can't grasp why anyone would think that isn't so.

6. Kronoking

Won't what? I'm confused. Are you suggesting how many games a guy starts and where they are in the season is not a necessary part of any production projection there?. Would you still tell me 70 catches and 600 yards if I told you to project me out Bower's production in the event he sees only sees 5 starts all season?

I mean if i get to cherry pick and am allowed the benefit to completely disregard any acknowledgement of surrounding setting reality my answer can be very few to zero. Since in that ideal fantasy world he only ends up having to start against the 4 best matchup defenses on the board and in games our run heavy gameplans basically excel in.

Again though, I'm also not shying away from admittedly not being very confident on making that call on Fuaga specifically. I've barely watched any of his team's games ( i did however default into watching a ton of Georgia down here), and haven't really been swayed one way or the other in much of the very split speculation takes I've read on him. He's still a total IDK for me atm.

#1506 Kronoking, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Twas a joke my man. Relax. We all need the draft to get there.

8. BroadwayAaron

There’s close to nothing worth responding to in this drivel but I would love for you to find me where I said Brock Bowers is the only pick that makes sense. And I better have said it more than once or twice because apparently it needs to be said three times for you to not miss it.

dawinner127 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  9. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I heard the Jets are considering drafting Kenoble with the 10th pick. He plays offense and defense!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry. My response got all commingled on another thread

#1511 LAJet, Apr 19, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2024
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The more paragraphs a post has, the less football literacy it usually projects.

Dierking, REVISion, abyzmul and 2 others like this.
  14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with your second claim that "ANY player, taken at ANY slot can be a bust." I strongly disagree, however, with your claim that "ANY player taken at #10 is presumably a "stud." That's not even true for the entire top ten - they are nothing more than prospects. At least that has been the case here.

Over the last ten years the Jets have drafted seven in the top ten and only five of the seven have been honored in their collective 34 seasons of play. There have been two rookies of the year, 8 Pro Bowl selections and 6 named first or second team All Pro. To presume that the number ten guy will be a stud is expecting way too much.

#1514 Ralebird, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    LAJet likes this.
  15. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

It's getting brutal.

And when Thursday finally comes, no matter what direction Douglas goes at pick #10, the endless debate will continue as some will be upset, some happy, others indifferent.

#1515 Ptflea2, Apr 20, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 20, 2024
    LAJet, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

A tradition unlike any other.

For the first time in as long as I can remember, I’m not going to be able to watch the draft let alone be here or on social media. I’m actually looking forward to it.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Some people just go to the grocery store. Others like to drive to a different state and back while taking 12 wrong turns before they end up at the hardware store looking for lettuce.

chandler, Dierking and Sundayjack like this.
  18. Kronoking

Idk. Brutal to me is being 40 years deep in watching this team endlessly make the same shortsighted mentality mistakes over and over and over again. While watching the same majority part of the fanbase cheer those mistakes on while they are happening.

In the long game I'm betting you are wrong there though. If we don't take OT at #10 i think everybody basically ends up in universal agreement latter that JD will have screwed the pooch. As the post above implies some will just take a lot longer going through all the "not trying to put paragraph level thought into whether something is actually going to work here" detours before getting there. But you can bank they ain't sitting out the opportunity to flame JD over it ;)

Or they take edge and we are in agreement from moment 1 on. Like i said yesterday I don't feel good about JD's tone in yesterday's interview lol

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think most are in agreement that Joe Douglas has screwed the pooch. But not taking a tackle at 10 leading to that conclusion sounds like your sole conclusion, not a universal agreement.

20. BroadwayAaron

Bingo. I don’t think that’s even close to universal based off opinion from like 4 mediums, this site included.