2024 potential steal draft picks in later rounds

Discussion in 'Draft' started by LAJet, Apr 14, 2024.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I thought you guys might enjoy reading this article about ten players that the writer thinks could be a steal in the draft later rounds. Has a couple of IOLs, WRs and TE. Since we don’t have a second round pick I found it interesting. Not really familiar with any of them. .
    Zack Zinter IOL, Davonte Walker WR and Luke McCaffrey WR are intriguing

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...iggest-potential-steals-of-the-2024-nfl-draft

Kronoking and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Interesting read, thank you. Tanor Bortolini sounds intriguing.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Indeed. I’m hoping we hit the lotto with OL in the later rounds as we seem to do with DL

Jojo and ukjetsfan like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. I've known about Bortolini and Walker for a while, but hadn't investigated the others before.

Here's an article on a S prospect that could be there on there in the 6th round, and it sounds like he could be a steal.: https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2024/02/28/unpacking-future-packers-no-72-kansas-s-kenny-logan-jr/

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Good list but Tez Walker and Zinter being on it are kind of lame. Zinter was probably in contention to be the first guard taken before he wrecked his leg.

Tez Walker had the opportunity to have a massive decision but he was a weird rare case where the NCAA denied his transfer waiver for the first month of the year for some dumbfuck reason and he was ineligible. Took a bit to get going.

Cowing is really interesting. Disappeared for a big portion of the season this year after a long productive career. Probably lost himself a lot of money. Also very frail looking.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'd stay away from Devontez Walker.

I think he's a track star not a football player. Poor routes, not quick in general, just straight-line speed. A guy like him you bring in occasionally to run a straight fly route to loosen up the defense but 90% of anything else he does will be largely inconsistent or ineffective. Think - Donovan Peoples-Jones. Pass

boozer32 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

The mid-round WR that intrigues me is Jermaine Burton (Alabama/Georgia).

I think he's a NFL no.2 wideout and will carve out a nice career. He might not ever even be a pro-bowler but I do think he will produce in the NFL in that role.

Burton has great ball skills, he is seasoned player who wont get rattled. Reminds me of a Gabriel Davis in his ball skills/nose for the end zone or 1st down sticks. He also reminds me of Amon-Ra St. Brown in other ways how Amon-Ra despite not being very big was always surprisingly unfazed by physical corners and Burton has that in him too. If he can have careers similar to either of those guys, wow what a steal

Some talk of "character concerns" though? not sure what that's about. That would be a shame if he limits himself with stupidity like that

Brook!, dawinner127 and LAJet like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I kind of like to grab Zinter before SD makes a move to grab him but not having a second round means we need to strike gold with the third so a WR might be at play.

9. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Who are you to deny us the second coming of Johnny Lam Jones??

boozer32, twown, BacktoQueens and 2 others like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Ouch….hope not that bad

BrowningNagle and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

ha goodness I don’t think he’s that bad

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Isaiah Davis from South Dakota State seems like he’ll get some NFL run. I don’t watch a lot of 1AA football but catch a playoff game here and there. He runs hard and has good size/speed to be a backup RB.

abyzmul and tomdeb like this.
  13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I still want Braelon Allen. He'll probably fall further than he needs to because an injury hurt his 2023 production but he is the guy I want running in the 4th quarter in December at Pittsburgh.

tomdeb and themorey like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Don’t forget they put a monster like him in the shotgun with 4-wide and ran a bunch of draws and inside zones with him instead of as an I-back.

Good call though. Instead of running for us in Pittsburgh, he’s perfect for the Steelers or Packers or some well run organization to draft and use correctly.

Lon Chaney and abyzmul like this.
  15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Javon Baker from UCF WR

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Went back and watched some more of him. He reminds me of Steve Smith. The guy plays a lot of bully ball for a dude that’s 6’0”, 185 pounds.

Never got to truly showcase what he could do in the offenses he played in. Maybe should’ve been a little more productive with Bryce Young in 2022, but other than that he wasn’t in receiver friendly offenses.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

SUNY Cortland has a WR that will be drafted too. I know nothing about him but its cool that our local(ish) d3 school can get a guy's named called

Brook! and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

My alma mater. They’ve been building a pretty good athletics program for a number of years. I knew a couple guys on the 2015 baseball national championship team.

BrowningNagle and Brook! like this.
  19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

All these years and I'm just finding out you went to Cortland also?!?

Knew I always liked you JV

20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Zinter would be a sneaky good pick. May not contribute much this year but definitely would be a future starter. The question is how long does he last as there are other positions (WR/S etc) that are a little more glaring as of now….

IDFjet and NCJetsfan like this.