New Jets Defender Says No One “Is Ready for What’s About to Happen”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Apr 2, 2024.

1. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I can’t wait to see what nicknames they come up for themselves in training camp this year.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Here's the entire clip. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Holy shit lmao

People in this thread crying over some clickbaity nonsense.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He didn't say anything except name the guys on the roster. And it took him close to two minutes to do it! One, slow-talking cliche. The coach should love that - being a cliche guy himself.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This feels very similar to when Sheldon Richardson said something like I guarantee we can beat the Patriots if we play our best game and it got clipped to “Sheldon Richardson guarantees victory against Patriots.”

5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

exactly - some people on this board honestly are only here to bitch and complain.

NOVAJET and dawinner127 like this.
  6. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya we're ready every year, just waiting for something to happen, that's out creed

7. AndyDrums

AndyDrums Well-Known Member

As pessimistic as I always am (classical conditioning), I have never said I hope they lose. You are not a fan if you want your team to lose, sorry.

RevisIsland18 likes this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Please point out where I said "I want them to lose". I NEVER want them to. Sadly, I usually expect them to.

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Most of the time, I agree…fans don’t want their team to lose. However, I do think there are certain circumstances where it does make sense to hope for a loss…we’ve had two in recent history.

If you have a piece of shit HC that everyone KNOWS should be fired, I think it’s fine to say I hope they lose so there won’t be any doubt that Gase has to go. But just odd that sometimes, the fans know better than the owners and the people actually paid to make the decision. There were NO happy campers here when Gase was hired. We ALL knew he was shit and I don’t think anyone was on board that hire. So the sooner he was out the better.

The other obvious situation is when you NEED to lose to secure the top pick in the draft and take a universally lauded prospect. Those stupid two games that Gase won caused us to lose out on the only true QB prospect in that draft in Lawrence, who has already won his division and taken his team to the playoffs. That should have been us. Instead, Gase won two meaningless games that cost us that first pick and we ended up with Zach and here we are still mired in shit. And for what? No one gives a shit that we won 2 games. But think how different our trajectory would have been with a real QB prospect like TL.

So yeah, while I don’t think fans root for their team to lose generally, I DO think there are some circumstances where yeah, I’d be happier with the loss. And I’ve been a fan of this team since the 1970s…I think I’m a pretty fucking good fan supporting this team…certainly I feel like I’ve given more than I received…all I have to show for my years of watching is 3 division titles and I think 4 AFCCG’s (the Miami wet field disaster, the Vinny game in Denver, and the 2 Rex games). That’s pretty much it.

Namath and the Super Bowl were a little before my time, so I didn’t see all that in person.

HomeoftheJets and abyzmul like this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

He doesn't know our fan base. We are all ready for every fucking thing to happen, and it always does. Never good though. Did he see our first game last season?

dmw and stinkyB like this.
  11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Usually I would agree except in the rare case that the player comes from the Eagles.