2024 NFL Free Agency News and Rumors

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 8, 2024.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

This fanbase is easily the angriest and most hateful towards its own team, to the point where even success is criticized. We could win the Super Bowl this year, and over half the fanbase would just grumble that we're now stuck with the lowest draft position. I know we get frustrated and yes, there's a lot to criticize about this team. But I get the impression that a lot of people are actually HOPING that the team continues to fail, because they're enjoying being part of the collective rage towards the organization.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

sir you got a valid point!

One thing to be disappointed or discouraged by the team’s output but it’s another thing when some actually roots for a player or two to fail and say “I told you so”.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

3-year/$20 million deal for Graham Glasgow to remain with the Lions.

I’ve wanted the Jets to go get him in two different free agency cycles. Surely he probably wanted to stay there, but I’m sure a little green could’ve gotten him here.

4. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Would have been a good pick on Glasgow

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Diontae Johnson to Carolina for a shitty CB and a late round pick swap. Thats a huge gaffe by Douglas. Huge.

6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH, I'd be fine with keeping Zach on the roster since we're paying him anyways. We'll probably need a 3rd QB and there is nobody left worth paying. If we draft a 6th round QB then let them fight it out with the loser, or both, going to the PS.

#306 ouchy, Mar 12, 2024
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2024
  7. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Born after the SB appearance and started watching in the early eighties. Since Woody took over the team got some wins on Parcell's coat tails until Rex Ryan left town. Not much to cheer about since then.

Getting dragged through the coals by this team year after year would make anyone jaded eventually.

Just one wild card appearance would be nice.

The playoff draught needs to end or Woody nerds to sell the team.

JetDan likes this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Drew Lock to the Giants, 1 year, 5 million fully guaranteed.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

These guys have to have seen how quickly the Jets went into the toilet when Rodgers went down. Not a destination team by any means.

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

There’s something wrong with that guy though

JetFanInPA likes this.
  11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I am sure some fans are unreasonably angry, but I'd say most are realistic and right to be annoyed.

This team has no vision, they continue to mismanage resources. The poster boy of developing your young homegrown talent was Bryce Huff, and you let him walk for a reasonable deal. The organization should reward players like that (Most likely due to dead $ tied to horrible free-agent pickups like Tomlinson and Hardman)

Per the media, the Jets never even approached Bryce Huff during the season on a deal.

We haven't made the playoffs since the 2010 season. In 2024 year that should be all hands on deck, we have come out of the gate quiet, signing some interior D-linemen, and an average offensive guard. Tyrod was a good pickup

Hoping they can make a big splash and turn this thing around, but with 2 draft picks in the top 100, you'd expect a little urgency in this free agency.

12. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I been crapping on the idea of trading for a vet WR all offseason, but on the surface report there I wouldn't of minded seeing that play out similarly with us.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not only is Johnson a drops machine but he is notorious for running either the wrong route or a route that’s yards short of the marker. He’s a losing player.

teamgreen and JetFanInPA like this.
  14. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Jonah Williams is still around. Any chance they can get him for a reasonable deal?

Jonathan_Vilma and BacktoQueens like this.
  15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

when I think of urgency I think JD
    /s

16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Who is left on the market at OT?
    Have to sign two to free up some versatility in the draft.
    And one better be a stud. Not a Billy Turner.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Being a "consummate pro" is all well and good, but if you can't do much more than check down, or remain healthy, that's not enough. Whether you or anyone wants to admit it, Zach had improved a lot this past year despite a shitty OL, a lousy OC, and apparently even having the HC against him. Was he great? Hell no! But he had some good games, and had shown improvement, and there's every reason to believe that he still hadn't hit his ceiling - if he played anywhere else but on the Jets.

All that said, I'm not advocating for the Jets now keeping Zach. As I said, that ship has sailed. But if Rodgers goes down again, the Jets will be at least as bad off as they were last year, and probably worse, because Taylor's injury history will likely mean he won't be able to finish the season either. Then they'll have to rely on who? A drafted rookie when they've never been able to develop one? Especially with Hackett as the OC?

Yes, relying on Zach wasn't good, but he may well have been the better option. Certainly cheaper.

ouchy, Kronoking and NCJetsfan like this.
  18. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

It's sleeting outside. Big mistake by JD.

It's supposed to rain on my kids birthday. JD can't go soon enough.

Jets OG fan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The Jets could have signed Glasgow or Risner last year and passed on the opportunity. JD needs to go.

James Hasty likes this.
  20. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Dude I don't know what it is with you and this mancrush on Zach Wilson but you're really doubling down on him. He will never even have a decent career in the NFL. Want to know why? He plays scared in the pocket. That's like death for a QB. Regardless of what Zach did last year (which wasn't much of anything besides being mostly bad and at the bottom of most rankings) Tyrod is better and more proven than him across the board. He's won big games in his career and is a leader.

I'd take Tyrod Taylor just for his pocket presence alone after watching 'Scared' Zach for 3 or 4 years or however painfully long it was. You can't play that position scared and Zach is the epitome of shaken. It was so painful to watch.

Wilson will never be a full-time starting QB in the NFL. He's an afterthought. Time to move on.