2024 NFL Season - Superbowl LVIII

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Feb 6, 2024.

?

Who are you rooting for?

1. 49ers

68.0%
  2. Chiefs

32.0%
  1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Can you imagine had you'd be feeling right now if the Jets were due to play tomorrow. Would be sweet.

(probably worth holding on to that feeling as it's the closest we're ever like to get! :p)

2. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

I've given up on the NFL this year - no way am I getting up in the middle of the night to watch the "Taylor Swift" Bowl - I just hope the whole thing is a disaster!

3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Moving this to Jets forum for a day.

So folks, what are your food and drink chocies?

I will go full Italian... Pizza, Pasta and some apps. Will start with Margarita and continue with beer, Fosters is the choice of beer. How about you guys? Also please don't forget to vote. :) Have a fun Sunday!

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I heard this narrative before somewhere, but it's not like Sam led them there. He is just along for the ride. There is nothing funny or unusual about it. Sam is a back-up QB in the League and signed with a good team. He did not play in the play-offs at all and lost both games where he got decent playing time during regular season. Basically it would be fair to say had made absolutely no contribution whatsoever to SF SB campaign.

Now, if for some reason Purdy is hurt early, and Sam actually gets to play in SB, and win it, maybe become SB MVP, that would be something. But as of now, I don't really see anything even remotely amusing in Sam's situation.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

KC...I like Mahomes.

But if there's a good movie or something else on, I'll probably watch that. My personal opinion is that the NFL rigs the games for the entertainment value and/or outcome they want. Do they see more value in Reid/Mahomes challenging Belichick/Brady, or in the "QB From Nowhere" winning a SB? If you're really that interested, tune in. I'm not. Enjoy.

6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Fosters? Really? It's originally from Australia and Australians refuse to drink it.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Seriously? How do you suppose they have been able to keep this from being disclosed to the public especially in light of the billions of dollars wagered each year?

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'll watch... but only for the commercials.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The commercials haven't been worth watching for years.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

It's on very late here so will need to go light - will watch the first half but if its looking like a shit game I will leave it there.

Still can't believe that Usher was the best they could come up with for the halftime show - I have heard of literally 1 song of his and that's only because there was a popular Minecraft parody version of it from about 2011 my kids loved ("Creeper, aw man")

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I was listening to Mike Francesa. He said KC has a good, underrated defense their gameplan should be to completely take away McCaffrey force Purdy to beat them dare him to beat them with his arm.

My goodness if the Chiefs do that I think they'll get blown out. Purdy would have to be a absolute bum to not light up the scoreboard IF that is KC's defensive gameplan.

He also said that Chris Jones is a UFA this offseason. Can the Jets make that happen?

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I did the same for a couple of years. I only watched tiny bits of the past few Super Bowls Rams-Bengals, Eagles-Chiefs. I'm not sure if I'll watch the game tonight I have to be at work so early but also thinking about watching the entire game going to work without any sleep.

I came back this year and I'm glad I did I needed it. I didn't even know it.

This stuff isn't that serious. I keep it in it's proper place. I've accepted the changes in the NFL it is what it is.

It's supposed to be FUN. A pasttime.

That's where I keep it now.

13. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I'm with @Brook! on this one for almost the same reasons. I'm rooting for the young 'Mr Irrelevant'. What a huge feat that would be to defeat the new 'evil empire'. Plus Mahomes annoys me whenever he talks.

I have a few family members who pull hard for the 9ers, so that's my direction too.

Plus, how cool would it be to see Taylor Swift in tears? Mascara running down her face. Just imagine all the 'Swifties' attacking the refs if the refs blow a call that leads to the 9ers win!!! Gotta have some DRAMA!

Brook! and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Whether you like Usher or not, the decision makes sense. He’s extremely famous, successful and sings the type of music that one would see at an halftime show.

#34 Jonathan_Vilma, Feb 11, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2024
  15. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I hate the 49ers so go Chiefs.

Sent from my genius mind.

ouchy likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The wife is making chicken wings and apps. Then my mistress is coming over and pouring me beer before she does the dishes for my wife

just kidding about that second part, I’ll be doing the dishes :)

sozopol and Brook! like this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that’s weird man. Usher didn’t make it to the UK or something? I’m not the biggest fan but the dude is enormously popular

18. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

I had a quick look and can see he did have a few big hits here but they were all like a decade ago which means it's too new for me (I basically just listen to stuff recorded pre-1995) and too old for my kids to have been into it (other than the Minecraft parody I mentioned they liked when they were young) - so it is just me being out of touch :)

Brook! and BrowningNagle like this.
  19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am out of touch like you. I never ever heard of him before to be honest.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The Chiefs have been in 4 of the last 5 SBs, and 6 of the last 6 championship games. Its getting kind of old.

Footballgod214 likes this.