Aaron Rodgers, Robert Saleh and how the Jets’ season fell apart: ‘Something has to change’ (Article)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 31, 2024.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Man, there is a lot to unpack here. We knew Hackett was bad but this makes him seem even worse than we thought. Same with Saleh -- endless excuses instead of adjustments and adaptation.

Yep, and they just parted ways with Rex Hogan. Maybe he was the main leak.

It was pretty obvious at one point during the season that there was a rift brewing between the front office and Saleh. This confirms it beyond a shadow of a doubt. Next year should be fun.

Might receive more attention not being stickied. Maybe just me but I missed it initially looking for it in the main section.

Thought this as well. Russini and Rosenblatt probably didn't like the team trying to paint their Wilson refusing to play story as false. This could be a sort of revenge.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Confirmed most of what we already know, offense was a total shit show and it was painfully obvious to everyone inside and out of the organization. The fact minor moves are all that's done is frankly disgusting and if the Jets suck again this year Woody will get lynched.

3. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

My son, who's a rabid Jets fan, thinks this article makes Robert Saleh look like Michael Scott from "The Office."

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This confirms what a huge joke we are keeping for Saleh and Hackett. The sad part is its all because we signed Aaron Rodgers, a guy who would have been lucky to go 7-9 with the Packers this year.

5. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Good read, thanks for posting. Really concerning stuff. Hackett is top of the list though.

Long before a litany of injuries along the offensive line (the Jets used 13 different starting combinations in 17 games), New York’s talented defensive line consistently outplayed them in practice. Growing pains were expected in a new offense full of new personnel, but one coach said it was concerning how little urgency Hackett and his staff showed in trying to fix it, saying he’d never seen a team watch less practice tape in training camp than the Jets did with Hackett.

Hackett struggled to adjust the offense to the team’s new reality. Multiple coaches and players described Hackett as lacking in attention to detail. For most of the season, Hackett would meet with offensive line coach/running game coordinator Keith Carter and passing game coordinator Todd Downing during the week but wouldn’t get together with the rest of the offensive staff until the “last minute” of game prep.

During games, Hackett struggled to make adjustments. Against the Dallas Cowboys in Week 2, Carter asked Hackett to give left tackle Duane Brown more help blocking Cowboys star pass rusher Micah Parsons, according to multiple team sources. But Hackett never adjusted, and Parsons dominated (two sacks, four QB hits) in a 30-10 loss.

We knew he was bad, but somehow he might be worse than I thought. This dude is CLUELESS. Should not have a job in the NFL. At least Gase actually tried. It sounds like Hackett doesn't even care

6. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

In Rodgers' case? Among far too many fans this was hardly apparent as the maintaining the hype bubble mindset chugged along all year.

A 41yo Aaron Rodgers is nothing short of a case of terminal cancer at this point. That his literally left this terrible culture team with no option choice but to watch our 2024 season die right along with his on-field career and reputation of being a difference maker QB.

The fans who expressed zero concern when that Hackett hire was announced, and who wildly cheered on the Rodgers acquisition, are ultimately just boo worthy in this overall equation of fail as anybody else imo. *YOU* wanted this creation just as much as Rodgers and anybody in that front office.

7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Really nothing new in that piece for anyone paying attention.

Rodgers had too much influence... check
    Hackett sucks... check
    Saleh sucks... check
    Douglas sucks... check

Did I miss anything?

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson Is one of the luckiest people on the planet. To be that fucking dumb and still be In the position that he Is blows my mind. I can't describe how disgusted I feel about this off-season, this upcoming season, this fucking team...

Most importantly. This clown shoe of an "owner". Every fucking team eventually figures It out, except us. FUCK!!!

How do you see the quality of potential HC out there and still sit on your thumb and stick with these losers? Any other time he would have fired them a year ago, yet, here we are. It's an absolute joke.

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yes you did... Woody sucks.... check

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Is that news?

I think not. :p

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Fantastic article

but as others have said, mostly nothing that we didn't already know/suspect. The part about Hackett dissecting film less than any other coordinator is infuriating, especially since he's coming back next year. Just shockingly bad

The_Darksider, barfolomew and Acad23 like this.
  13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Someone on Twitter pointed out that today is Saleh's birthday and I haven't been able to stop laughing since. Happy Birthday Bob!

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Justwinit

Justwinit Active Member

Informative article for sure. Did we know a lot of this stuff - yes. The fact that so many sources gave information that helped put this article together is the most damning. That has to be fixed. Hopefully this article riles up clueless Woody and he does something. If tomorrow’s front page news is not “Saleh and Hackett fired”, we are just in for another season of major disappointment.

NCJetsfan, ouchy and Since1969 like this.
  16. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I keep hoping that with enough mounting bad press, and with enough of the media refusing to play "hands off' on anything contradicting Rodgers' desired savior image, we'll at least see them pressured into firing Hackett in the name of salvaging the 2024 positive spin narrative. Which is at least *something* to move forward with.

We need more of this. Keep it coming.

17. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

When you know it's all true in your heart the only hope is to start flying sell the team banners....

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I still don't rule out Joe Douglas as one of the leaks and I think there were probably multiple leaks including Hogan and Embree.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

What a mess. Woody has to clean the house really and bring in Pete Carroll for some credibility. It was clear Saleh was a blowhard and Hackett was clueless but wow. Didn't think it was this bad.