Head Coach Vacancies and Favorite Candiates

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by TwoHeadedMonster, Jan 11, 2024.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I tried to give Gio a chance but he’s just dreadful. I liked Tierney and Licata separate and now they’re just unbelievably dumb homers saying things like Daniel Jones is a top 10 QB and Wilson is a bonafide starter.

Have you listened to Evan and Tiki? Evan is a bit annoying but he’s super knowledgeable and Tiki has always been very grounded IMO. They’re worth a listen and the only show left. Mark Malusis on Sunday mornings is good too.

3. dawinner127

I can't stand Tiki and that idiot Morash. I only listen to DiPietro and Rothenberg from 6 to 10 then it's music or pods the rest of the day. I really love Rothenberg on ESPN. I've followed him all over his time slots and just always has me laughing and he's quite knowledgeable as a sports fan.

4. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Boomer has connections within the league. I don't think he is saying this just to make stuff up. We will see if he is right soon enough.

5. dawinner127

Yeah I'm not saying it isn't true. He really isn't going out on a limb though. It's kind of common sense, Just read the tea leaves. Washington has been pretty quiet on the HC stuff since they hired their GM. Lions are still playing and winning. I would bet the moment they get eliminated, the BJ to Washington hype really gets going again.

6. dawinner127

[​IMG]
    Insane decision by Canales IMO.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Maybe Belichick wont get hired this cycle and when the Jets inevitably fire Saleh we can get him next offseason

8. dawinner127

They're saying he isn't the front runner in ATL either. Kind of wild. Chad Forbes was thinking that BB wants to bring in Cousins with him in ATL, while the owner moved on from Matt Ryan at his age 36 season. Cousins turns 36 this year.

9. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I know McDermott isn't get fired but I would hire Bill if I were Pegula/Beane. 6 Super Bowl championships and 9 Super Bowl appearances when he has had an elite level franchise QB. I think Bill could win one with Allen. He is also a better DC than Sean. How many playoff disappointments will the Bills go thru with McDermott.

WarriorRB28 likes this.
  10. BrowningNagle

I was talking about our jets not the bills

11. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I don't see Bill working for Woody. Plus, it is known he hates the Jets. If he were to take a job here it would be with the Giants if that job became available.

12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Maybe Belichick's past is catching up to him.

He's an asshole, difficult to work with and demands total control. His record in drafting and free agency isn't good, and it'd tough to for him escape from his record without Brady. I'm sure his sour attitude pissed off a lot of people over the years.

The only thing that made sense was for him to go to a talented team with an established QB, but Dallas decided to keep McCarthy, Buffalo decided to retain McDermott, the Eagles are keeping Sirianni, and the Chargers have hired Harbaugh.

It would be well-deserved irony for Belichick to be on the street, wanting to coach again and no one really wants him.

dawinner127 likes this.
  13. dawinner127

[​IMG]

This is wild.

14. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

Probably the best off-season for available head coaches (Belichick, Vrabel, Carrol, Ben Johnson) and the falcons and bucs go with Raheem morris and Dave canales. Unbelievable

TwoHeadedMonster and WarriorRB28 like this.
  15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

I feel like he’d run the team into the ground. He likes having no name players who have little talent but will do anything he says, all his disciples get jobs and immediately start getting rid of the best players. His front office abilities are atrocious and his drafting is basically GM malpractice. If he was coming in to only be a coach then fine, but if he wants total control that seems like a disaster waiting to happen

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Tom Brady
    Mike Vrabel
    Ty Law
    Rodney Harrison
    Junior Seau
    Corey Dillon
    Randy Moss
    Darrelle Revis
    Rosevelt Colvin
    Christian Fauria
    Larry Izzo
    Andre Carter
    Brian Waters
    David Patten
    Alan Branch
    Roman Phifer

No name players with little talent

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...as-falcons-reach-deal-with-raheem-morris/amp/

Basically saying Bill Belichick is running out of spots. He basically has the Commanders and Seahawks left. The other options are the Jets and Bills.

I think the Jets would be the last team Bill would ever coach because he hates them but it's possible that they become his only option. People can say what they want but I'd fire Saleh or demote him in a heartbeat if Belichick was desperate enough to call the Jets. Last year Rodgers had no suitors and he ended up here. Belichick might end up in the same situation.

The team that really should do it, is the Bills. I hope they don't, but if they ever made the switch I would probably expect them to finally reach a Super Bowl within 2-3 years.

Vrabel and Pete Carrol are sitting out there to. It's crazy that these coaches can't find a job. Heck I would take Vrabel to in a heartbeat.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I can't imagine Belichick not getting hired. Hes getting older and if he doesn't get hired this year, why would any team hire him next year?

I'm sure in the back of his mind, he knows he has to get a job now or it might actually be over. I would expect him to start calling teams if options run out.

But if nothing comes then IMO it is a slap to his legacy if the whole league decides they don't want him. It's basically just proving that Brady was the guy and Belichick was the beneficiary of it.

19. BrowningNagle

You could fire Saleh today, pony up some dough and have Belichick HC, McDaniels OC and Vrabel DC

20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He'll be another year older. Same goes for Aaron Rodgers.

Belichick is OLD.

If it hasn't happened by now it's not going to happen.

I'm shocked Belichick didn't get hired.

He may never coach again looks like.

Age discrimination? Same goes for Pete Carrol.

It happened to Marty after he got fired follwoing a 14-2 season he never got another job.