True crime thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, Nov 23, 2022.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

3 Kansas City Chiefs fans found frozen outside home of friend who had 'no knowledge' of deaths: lawyer

https://www.foxnews.com/us/three-ka...ome-friend-who-had-no-knowledge-deaths-lawyer

Not technically a crime yet but what in the fuck kind of story is this? First off, if that guy locked them out of the house, they decided to just stay there and freeze to death rather than seek a better situation?

Secondly, he had no idea his friends were in his back yard? Came out with boxers and a wine glass when the cops got there. Very strange right now.

2. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I haven’t yet read up on that one , but what a strange case. 3 adults freezing to death at a place where they were voluntarily, seems impossible to me. Unless drugged

I’ll have to edit this to say, I forgot how cold it was that night. I guess anything is possible in those conditions

#702 typeOnegative13NY, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Alcohol and cold weather dont mix

4. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I put this in the 2023 NFL Postseason - Divisional Round Thread this past Friday. It's really bizarre. o_O

I think they were drunk and got disoriented. It is extremely easy to freeze to death when you're half in the bag let alone when you aren't.

5. BrowningNagle

I watched a thing recently, Kohberger returned to the scene of the crime the very next morning at like 8AM . And 12 times total in the days after. That's something murderers do

They have so much evidence on him. the sheath found in the girls bed is a 99.9999 match for his DNA or his father's.

How do they possibly think they are going to beat this?

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Agreed in that it feels like he very obviously did it but his defense team has been playing some pretty interesting games. They’ve filed several motions to dismiss, he didn’t enter a plea at his arraignment, they’re continuing to challenge the DNA evidence even before the trial and trying to get it thrown out.

I’m not saying this necessarily means anything other than the fact that his defense team seems very well put together with a strategy and it wouldn’t shock me for a state prosecutor to fumble a trial like this under crazy pressure.

7. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Actually, this is pretty standard stuff in a capital case.

The defense attorneys are covering their asses. They know that if Kohberger is convicted, he'll spend the next 10 years filing motions, petitions and appeals alleging the ineffective assistance of counsel (e.g., that they failed to file motions they should have filed). Ineffective-assistance claims are a cottage industry in the prison system. Kohberger's an especially difficult client because he seems to think he's smarter than everyone else.

One of the motions to dismiss bordered on the absurd and had 0% chance of success. He claimed the grand jury should have been told it could indict him only if it found proof beyond a reasonable doubt. Needless to say, the motion was denied because the clearly established standard is probable cause, not proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

The defense attorneys will go full blast against the DNA evidence. They'll challenge the general scientific reliability of DNA and the reliability of the kind of tests used here. They'll look for a break in the chain of custody of the DNA evidence or some chance of contamination.

They're unlikely to get the DNA excluded. They're probably just hoping something will come up at the pre-trial hearings that they can use at trial to persuade the jury that there's a problem with the DNA evidence.

#707 Since1969, Jan 23, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2024
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  8. typeOnegative13NY

Someone walking their dog around 8am also reported the front lower level door being left wide open. I can’t wait to hear everything… it’s all so strange. I’m also curious if there is a connection between him, the guy who was killed by swat around the corner from him(kopacha).

If he did it, my guess is he went up to kill one… found 2. Then encountered one in the kitchen on his way out , who retreated to the bedroom where he had to kill 2.

barfolomew likes this.
  9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Yeah, that guy's story is really going to hold up under cross examination.

barfolomew likes this.
  10. typeOnegative13NY

Saw something that there was a 4th, yet unnamed person at that house in kc.

11. BrowningNagle

The thing I watched also said the feds could take the case considering he traveled across the nation. The feds also are assisting the state in gathering evidence at this point

I don’t see why a judge would throw out the DNA evidence and even if he/she did the digital forensics has him pretty fucked anyway.

I wish he would just man up and plead guilty and save the families a trial

12. BrowningNagle

the show also showed that there was blood visually seaping out from the house. First responders said it was the most gruesome scene they’ve attended to.

Now- it is little ole Idaho so maybe that’s not saying much but it seems like there must have been so much blood

13. jetophile

I'm not saying nothing nefarious happened.

14. jetophile

There is roughly 1.5 gallons of blood in an adult human body. Try cleaning that up times 4. o_O

Well, obviously he didn't try to clean up anything, just giving a rough what's involved. Jodi Arias made one small attempt to clean up the frenzied stabbing and shooting of Travis Alexander and gave up pretty quickly.

I would say it's impossible to commit a murder in a home, shed, basement, bathroom, etc. and get everything because Luminol finds something every time.

15. typeOnegative13NY

And that’s the crazy thing… I’m sure there is more, and I don’t know what the prosecutor has to reveal in the pca…. But imagine all of that blood, and the only link is a sheath and one latent footprint? What kind of wizard is this guy? That shot would have to have been spewing all over him, and he would have to be moving through it as he went for victim 2 in each room.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The feds getting involved seems like a great way for things to be fucked upside down.

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I know a couple of sheriffs here that like to tell me all kinds of dumb gory shit and from what I gather, a liver shot is basically like an explosion of blood on a crime scene. It's like you dump over a people- sized drum of blood across the floor.

18. BrowningNagle

usually but I would think they are better equipped than Moscow, Idaho

19. jetophile

Never underestimate the power of a technicality or . . . reasonable doubt. I think he fries, but who is to say. Visiting the crime scene is how the cops zeroed in on and later arrested Robert Chambers, the hump who strangled Jennifer Levin to death in Central Park by the Metropolitan Museum of Art. It's a thing. Sometimes they can't help themselves in their narcissism to check out the reactions to their handiwork, other times to "help" to throw the authorities off their trail.

20. jetophile

I bet he had those crime scene booties on, so maybe that's why the footprint is not clear. I'm really curious to know how he disposed of his blood soaked clothing and where. I'm thinking he burned it, but . . . where? It's almost as if he stripped naked and then triple bagged everything so there was no blood residue in his car. If it wasn't for the knife sheath, what concrete evidence do they really have?

Also never heard about his amazon orders. Could be a smoking gun or a complete fizzle. He couldn't really be that dumb, could he? Well, Leopold and Loeb dropped eyeglasses, this guy dropped a knife sheath, so there's always that.

I'm surprised no-one has brought up Lizzie Borden yet. She so freaking did it.