Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

This season was the worst in season GM-ing I have seen from a Jets GM, and only on par with Danny Ainge's last 2 seasons as Celtics GM. They basically punted on being competitive once Rodgers went down.

I usually ride to the end, but I barely watched the last 3-4 games. I can accept sucking, but straight up not trying to win with a playoff potential roster.. they lost me big time this year.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Micah Parsons is a future hall of famer and was defensive rookie of the year. Will McDonald was barely good enough to get playing time.

This also ignores the 3 rookie WRs we passed up having good seasons.

tomdeb likes this.
  3. REVISion

Yeah I've seen pretty much every Jets game for the past 15 years or so. This was the first year I truly couldn't be bothered to watch near the end. I only watched the one today for the possibility we'd smartly tank, which of course we didn't do.

4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The whole FO and coaching is so inept. Right before the end of the game, when we scored a TD, I added Breece's yards for the year to what he got today, and I saw he needed 10 more yards for 1000 yard season. I was rooting to get the ball back, so we can have him run a few more times and Breece can get 10 more yards needed for a 1000, which I know is very important to the players. We got the ball back and ran the ball, Breece got 4, and needed 6 more, but then Saleh just let the clock run out, before calling another play.

At the press conference someone asked that Breece missed 1000 by 6 yards, and Saleh said their mathematician thought he got it. Their mathematician could not do basic addition of two numbers. Lades and gentlemen, I give you the New York Jets FO!

#604 Borat, Jan 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2024
  5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

That's a shame. I wasn't watching, checking game cast. I saw they got the ball back with like 8 seconds left so I wasn't sure if his last run ran the clock out. But if it was the other way around you know Bill would have called a time out.

Just another small sign of how this org is total mids. You need a mathematician for addition?

tomdeb likes this.
  6. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Cason Wentz already 2 td passes. Fat man is an idiot. Would have made playoffs had we signed him as soon he reached out to us.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

The only reason he picked McDonald is because Douglas got caught w his pants down. Regardless of their staged video, Douglas thought one of three OL would be there, and was dumbfounded when Pittsburgh traded up and took an OL.
    The jets then took every second on the clock they could and then ended up taking McDonald who was rated as an early SECOND round pick AT BEST. He was already 24 when drafted and was a healthy scratch on game day day early in the season. Tell me that last time Parsons was a healthy scratch for the Cowboys. THAT is Douglas' problem (one of several)--he doesn't prepare. Just like at QB when he stupidly drafted Zach and then after 2 failed years had him as the primary backup to Rodgers. The only reason the jets beat the Pats today is because Zach Wilson didn't start--Zach had lost to them and Mac Jones 5 times in a row. Problem is Joe Nitwit will probably bring Zach back as #2 next year having convinced himself that Rodgers CAN'T get hurt 2 years in a row, can he?

I know same people are mad the jets won today as it cost us draft position. I say what difference does it make w Douglas as GM, anyway?. He has already screwed up our #1 pick three out of four years w Becton, Zach, and McDonald.
    Oh yeah, Douglas' prudent, wise, free agent spending has/will save us. He only doled out $110M in contracts to pieces of crap like Lazard, Tomlinson, Uzomah, Brown, and Cook, all of whom were TERRIBLE for the jets this year.
    Good use of free agent money, Joe! Great first round picks also, Joe!

SOJAZ and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Giving up on a player during his rookie year is ridiculous.

The guy might surprise you.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I mean, that's it, isn't it? I don't really see any logical strategy for a single adverse condition this season. The only way you justify it is a tank, but if it was, then he didn't let a single soul in on it.

But that's not it. His answer was Seimian. Unless we get confirmation that Woody is actually running things, then the answer is that Joe Douglas is an imbecile.

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Winning two of the last three games is proof this was not a tank. It was Douglas being an imbecile.

11. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

I see the Jets aren't streaming Joe Ds presser...

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. REVISion

I am so over these two.

14. REVISion

Saleh is the worst type of head coach - a likable, loyal idiot. No accountability for his staff and players and hard to fire because he's likable. At least Gase was so repulsive that we had no qualms bringing down the hammer.

SOJAZ, tomdeb, Ralebird and 3 others like this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Likable, loyal idiot. Not really much to add there. I listened to his presser. It was hard to get though. The guy is clueless. Keith Carter did a great job, everyone did a great job, everyone is coming back. Basically he seems happy with how the season went. I want the guy to be disappointed and upset to no end, wow to do better.

And it's not that I would even believe him, but at least we would know he understands and will do everything in his power to turn things around. I got that from GW, but not from Saleh, who basically gave propaganda piece how we have improved a lot. We have a fool as a HC.

tomdeb and REVISion like this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Can't find full presser, but a good sized clip from JD's presser. Unlike Saleh at least he appears to understand some of the key areas where he fucked up. Took responsibility, specifically mentioned that he needs to do more on OL and WR. Not sure what it will translate to, probably not much, but at the very least he took a step towards taking responsibility for his atrocious mistakes. Saleh's interview was just disturbing to hear.

tomdeb likes this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I’ll take him over Saleh and his staff a million times over. His biggest fuck up was selecting Saleh.

SOJAZ, Jets79 and burf like this.
  18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I can go either way with JD, but agree his biggest mistake was Saleh, with AR coming in second. The AR trade blew up the rebuild plan. There were hits & misses, but even some of the misses can be attributed to poor coaching/teaching/player development.
    As for going either way with JD, when he said today that 'Saleh is the right man, because he's the right man,' THAT kinda pushed me more negative. I understand he has to be supportive of his HC, but that he had no response is telling.
    JD's full presser is here ----> https://www.newyorkjets.com/video/gm-joe-douglas-2023-postseason-press-conference-1-8-2024

LAJet likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The fact that saleh pounded the table for downing and Keith Carter and wants to KEEP BOTH OF THEM is all you need to know about how incompetent he is.

SOJAZ, REVISion and Borat like this.
  20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I do believe AR was not his doing, it was our owner, who middles enough to see all good intentions destroyed.

burf likes this.