Jets have informed Wilson that he will be traded....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 9, 2023.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think i'd rather see that though than what we had this season. the general manager not doing shit to improve the team despite loss after loss

The_Darksider likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I hear you, and I would agree if he was making the move to really make a push. I think timing is everything though. When you give up a solid draft pick for a guy who isn't going to stick around, and you do it right after the team basically falls out of contention, that's just typical Jets lip service crap - I guess there are many more average fans than there are knowledgeable ones, but the knowledgeable ones see right through that bullshit. Pretty much the same type of thing they did this year.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I know that was a joke but a poor joke doesn't hit well.
    I don't always recognize it though. there is no "tone" in text. it's why the internet came up with the /s when you are making a joke, but a good one or messing with someone should be obvious. people aren't very good at it here

4. GasedAndConfused

thats the GMs job though. it's on the CS/players to live up to the offseason expectations. they are all human just like us. nobody is perfect. they get hurt, they have down years, they have up years etc. lazard has been pretty damn bad this year. much worse then expected for some reason. he wasn't that bad in GB. rodgers got hurt. hackett was a downgrade by MLF as a playcaller but much more liked in the locker room. saleh has played too conservative on offense. o-line has been beta up. tomlinson hasn't played as well as expected but who knows why, could be likely due to all the moving parts around him. the way peole talk about this team you'd think we were the 0-16 lions and losing every game by 30 points.

5. BrowningNagle

No, thats wrong. The GM's job is to lead an organization that wins football games. Its not their job to get headlines or favorable betting odds

6. The_Darksider

You knew it was a joke, so you went back at him as if to…what correct him? Punish him for not being as funny as he should be? Walk me through it.

7. GasedAndConfused

and how would a GM "lead" an organization? it's their job to hire the right people while managing the cap and using their limited resources wisely. do you have any concept of what a manager does in general cause it doesn't seem like you do

8. GasedAndConfused

all I said was "it makes no sense" like most people would say to a bad joke. for someone who says joshing around and not taking things literally why are you taking this so literally. he tried to make a joke, it wasn't funny, i said it makes no sense. has nothing to do with anything really

9. BrowningNagle

How does a manager lead? That's your question. yikes

10. The_Darksider

I don't know man, in today's world it's not cool to shame anyone, humor shame, fat shame, nothing. Not everybody can be funny, maybe you should have some mercy on a guy who can't crack a good joke, just give him an lol and move on.

11. GasedAndConfused

general manager. have you ever seen or heard of an org chart? most companies 90% of the people don't even talk to the GM, they tell middle management what to do and mostly look at numbers and replace middle managers if their areas aren't doing as well as expected (like replacing MLF) in a football team the coaching staff is basically middle management, the GM is basically in control of the personnel.

12. GasedAndConfused

see clearly poking fun, but not funny either so what would you like me to respond here? how about "lol" but then that would encourage it more so maybe a :(

The_Darksider likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It was a dumb move for sure, but it did a heck of a lot less damage than Douglas refusing to bring in legit QB competition when Rodgers went down.

14. The_Darksider

Absolutely, not even close. I've never seen a team intentionally throw away a season before. Now I have.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. BrowningNagle

how do you know? you dont know shit, stop explaining things you are simply guessing on

I have a feeling Joe Douglas is concerned and has opinions on the on-field performance of the team. Not exactly going out on a limb there lol

16. GasedAndConfused

lol guessing on a job description. it's like saying that you are guessing that a mechanics job is to fix vehicles or guessing that a surgeons job is to perform surgery. How have you even made it this far in life man?

17. BrowningNagle

that's something a GM would get fired for in most organizations

ouchy likes this.
  18. BrowningNagle

You are the one with the wacky opinion here. Joe Douglas did a great job because of betting odds and headlines. that's literally your point.

To use your dumb ass analogy though, that's like a mechanic who can't fix shit, fails financially, but gets a nice write up in the local paper

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

You literally just answered your own question. Leaders lead by hiring the right people and putting them in position to succeed. Douglas has done neither. Apparently you have no idea what management is.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

nope not my point at all and awful attempt at an analogy. reading comprehension 0/10. your the one who doesn't even know what a GM does but will turn around and say people are guessing at it and don't know shit.