The Tank Is On - Tankathon 2023 (Jets pick 10th in 2024 Draft)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Borat, Nov 24, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but my point is that our Hall of Fame quarterback didn't play in the preseason, and there was no way he was in game shape yet so it's tough to judge

cval likes this.
  2. The_Darksider

I forget which season it was when Perriman was the number one guy, but that was a pretty bad season.

3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

what??? Robbie never had a great season in Carolina.

500 yds season, FOLLOWED BY 200 yd season and then out of the league. lol.

Ok you’re trolling now

4. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Robby was better than Lazard and he had Crowder. Yeah, it was bad. Zach's rookie year the talent was worse or equivalent how is that?

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

I swear Robbie had a 1,000 yard season in Carolina I will look it up.

edit: Yes, 1099 in 2020

6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Correct. He had one good year in CAR.

cval likes this.
  7. The_Darksider

I forget who was there, but I would say his rookie year the talent was pretty bad.

cval likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Why? It is about progression. I never count a QB's rookie year, especially on a team with that lack of talent the Jets have had and say Carolina this season.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The pick swap didn't cost us Jones. You've been saying this for months and it just isn't true. We were never taking Jones so the pick swap is completely irrelevant, but yet for some reason you keep using it as slight on Douglas in that trade. It didn't matter.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Interesting.

So here's a question for those who banged the table for keeping Sam and trading the #2 pick for a boatload of assets, especially since many of these have been consistently anti-Zach ever since he was drafted: What do you do this time if the Jets earn a high pick that could be used to get a highly rated QB, or trade it for more picks and keep Zach?

Serious question. Maybe it should be a separate thread with a poll.

11. ColoradoContrails

Sam didn't have much talent around him either. The Jets failed him as badly as they did Zach. But Sam really didn't (doesn't) have the arm that Zach has - maybe he has a strong arm, but he doesn't have as quick a release, nor the different arm angles, etc. In any case, the Jets failed both of them.

Borat and cval like this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sam Darnold didn't have a fraction of the team that Zach has around him right now.

mezzavo, stinkyB and dawinner127 like this.
  13. dawinner127

If you pick second, you take Maye. Any other pick outside of that you draft OL or WR.

14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It was stupid to agree to pick swap regardless, but the combination of agreeing to pick swap and JD rating McD and Mayer higher than Jones is what cost us Jones. And I keep saying it because it is true. The reason why pick swap is an important part of the equation is because if JD had no opportunity to draft Jones, then it would irrelevant if he rated McD higher. The point is: JD cost us Jones. Some people are saying that the only OT he could have had in the 1st is Harrison and it was a reach, so he didn't cost us Jones. That is simply not true, because he both gave up the pick that gave the opportunity and then rated him lower, which was even dumber. But it's the combination of both JD's mistakes is what prevented us from having a young capable OT right now on the roster.

15. ColoradoContrails

So does that mean you take an OL/WR with your pick, or are you trading back and then hoping you get a good OL/WR?

16. dawinner127

Sure, JD cost us Jones by.. not picking him? Lol.

The pick swap that was involved in the trade for AR did not cost us Jones when Jones wasn't even rated on his board so that part of the trade was straight up irrelevant. If that's what it took to get it done for AR then you do it if you don't even have the player rated on your board. You're reaching so hard to put blame on JD for the pick swap and missing out on Jones when that just isn't the case at all. The pick swap shouldn't even be part of any argument against JD for Jones.

17. dawinner127

Yeah, I'm taking one with our pick. I'm not trading down.

I think we are going to win another game or 2 so we probably won't get Alt or Fashanu.

Latham from Bama
    Mims from GA
    I don't remember the guys name from Oregon St off the top of my head.

Nabers will probably be gone before we pick, so Odunze or Coleman could be realistic options where we pick. No need to move around IMO when this draft is littered with OL and WR in the top 15. The best thing that could happen for us is if Jayden Daniels continues to climb and JJ McCarthy sky rockets as well.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Did you read what I just said about GB situation? What is your opinion on them keeping Rodgers and getting 110 mil additional CAP up their ass? Writing 60 mil check on Sept 1st. After they already said they are moving to Love. Or losing 1st round pick (Love) by having AR, who already said he wants to play for the Jets. Also why not wait 3 more days for GB, who was in impossible situation to fold? Respond to the concrete points. The take that "that's what it took to get AR" is not really accurate. But, yes, not having Jones is completely on JD. He had the opportunity (13th pick he didn't have to part with 3 days still left before draft) and the means to do it. Whose fault it is he didn't rate a really good player at the position of biggest need high?

19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

I pointed this out in another thread on the board, and I'll repeat it again here as somebody who's actually spent some professional time working on the other side of the camera as PPA for reality shows. You are basing that "fact" on a heavily edited show with a voice over only clip that came out a full month after-the-fact, and in the wake of the potential need to spin a better looking PR story out the perception that the team fumbled that pick after Green Bay bent them over the table in Rodgers' comp settlement.

I've helped make and seen more convincing rose ceremony choice reveals then what was put out there. In what appeared to amount to very little actual real time draft footage, and couple of purposely overly-zoomed quick segment clips of Joe D that I would bet my kid's college fund was filmed after-the-fact (and was always planned to be from the get go regardless for standard convenience sake ).

But yeah, Joe called that Pittsburgh trade up to a T too i believe. What a genius!

#279 Kronoking, Dec 14, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2023
  20. ColoradoContrails

See the new thread/poll I created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.