Jets have informed Wilson that he will be traded....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The_Darksider, Dec 9, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so didn't even watch the best game of his career, still shits on a player on "your team"

Acad23 likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It was his 32nd start.

anyway im glad he played well, it helps his trade value.

I hope he tears it up the rest of the year so “my team” can get a good return

SOJAZ likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

lol it's sad that it kills you inside to see a jets player play well because you hate him and it didn't fit your narrative.

4. BrowningNagle

read it again dummy, I didn’t say that at all

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

If we can get another team to cough up a 3rd round pick and also take on Zach's $11M cap hit next year, we can consider the offer. But if we can't, we can sign a vet like Tannehill and have him compete with Zach for the backup job. Hell, we'll be paying Zach $11M if no other team is willing to take on the cap hit, so if he is getting along well with his teammates, why not let Zach sit at AR's knee/compete for the backup job (and at worst become a talented, if overpaid, 3rd string QB).

#105 joelip, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
    Cman68 likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

but according to you stats > film you've argued with me for weeks when i suggested film is a players resume now you are agreeing with it. seems like you just like to be a dick for no reason

7. GasedAndConfused

not quite how the cap works.
    we are paying 5.5 against the cap no matter what.
    1 mil will go against the team that trades for him
    4.5m is negotiable between the 2 teams if he's traded before camp, if camp starts then we owe him that 4.5 as well

8. BrowningNagle

uhhh no never said that either

you’d do well to stop putting words in my mouth

9. joelip

joelip Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I forgot that the Jets in any case would be on the hook for the remainder of Zach's signing bonus (which Sportrac lists as $5.731M). So the correct figures make Zach more tradeable than the mistaken assumption that the other team would have to take on Zach's 2024 $11M cap hit.

#109 joelip, Dec 11, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2023
  10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

We already had that debate on OLine injuries, there is no reason to restart. I have provided you a video from Dr Chao, who is specializing in injury probability analysis, and he said that poor Olines, Olines which have a lot of movement, have higher probability of injuries. Then when someone gets hurt it further increases it, because there is more movement, poorer Olines with back-ups playing, and hence injuries beget injuries. We are in this cycle now, not just because of bad luck, but also because we had shitty oline to start with, Rodgers got hurt, then 3 people had to move after Duane got hurt, then more injuries and with no competent back-ups, line got worse, and more injuries. Injuries beget injuries. The best way to reduce the probability if injury is have a strong line built in the offseason, and good back-ups for each spot, so you don't have to start with shitty Line, and move 3 guys from their natural positions when one gets hurt. You feel it was all just bad luck year after year. We disagree.

As far as players from top College teams like Ohio st also having to make a big jump, it is true. But for Zach the jump was so much bigger, because he didn't even play in P5 conference. Trotting him out there without any reasonable veteran option with shitty OLine was a huge mistake JD made. Then after two years Zach was basically shot, he was worse than PS guys. He was supposed to get that red shirt year. Instead JD gets Boyle and Siemian so there were no other option but to trot Zach out there again with shitty OLine, repeating the exact mistake JD already made. It looks like Zach is figuring this out little by little behind the garbage line, but in the meantime we missed the play-offs again. If we had a good line and an alternative to Zach, we would have been better off, even if Zach eventually during the year got out there with a decent line. We would still be in the hunt and not looking at the draft pick position again by the end of November.

11. GasedAndConfused

lol you spent weeks giving me shit for saying film is more important then stats and thats why teams use film and have scouting departments then you casually say the same thing you gave me shit for saying for weeks dude. you just like to be a dick to people even when you know they make sense

12. GasedAndConfused

no problem!

13. GasedAndConfused

his theory makes sense for sure but again you have to account for the fact brown clearly wasn't healthy. that was on the CS. they shouldn't have let him start. rodgers getting hurt was a fluke. it was a basic sack. every QB gets sacked and it was his 1st time sacked all year. wasn't like his 10th time sacked that game or anything. even the best o-lines let up sacks. the issue is all our depth got hurt too. lots of teams have injuries here and there and shuffle their o-line once maybe twice. we've had to do it 11 times. there is no logical explanation to that other then bad luck. if his theory was 100% every team would be going through what we are. it's plausible but like he says "increases chance" chance is all based on luck.

14. BrowningNagle

K. you can have the last word if ya want

15. BrowningNagle

Bob Saleh did not confirm or deny the news report that the Jets informed Wilson he will be traded. He was asked about it at today's press conference:

--
    Jets head coach Robert Saleh was asked Monday about a weekend report by the Deseret News, Wilson’s hometown newspaper in Utah, that said the team told the 24-year-old quarterback he’ll be traded during the offseason, with Wilson and Saleh agreeing to part ways when the former No. 2 overall pick was benched last month.

Saleh did not deny the report in his response.

“My conversations with [Wilson] are to do everything he can to get ready to play a football game,” Saleh said Monday. “As far as all that other stuff is concerned, those are things I will leave for Joe [Douglas].”

https://nypost.com/2023/12/12/sports/jets-robert-saleh-doesnt-deny-report-about-zach-wilson-trade/

--

16. GasedAndConfused

lol says the guy who had to have the last word by replying. you're such a clown

17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did Zach call no takebacks?

NY Jets68 and GasedAndConfused like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

lol i mean he did deny it right there in your quote. but does make it sound like JD told him that. reading comprehension isn't your thing huh?

19. BrowningNagle

I dont see a denial and neither did Justin Tasch at the NY Post but you are the genius here

20. GasedAndConfused

he said he only talks to wilson about football and JD handles the other stuff. that is a denial. doesn't take a genius for that one but i guess you need at least a brain cell or 2 to figure out that complicated puzzle