How to fire Woody?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 4, 2023.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mikeoz...t-valuable-sports-teams-2023/?sh=1169f31a2b44

The Jets are #9 on the list of most valuable sports franchises in the world, more valuable than the Lakers, the Celtics, all of the soccer teams on the planet, and every MLB franchise except the Yankees. This is all while producing some of the most shameful football anyone has seen during the past decade.

Somebody tell me Woody cares about winning.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He sure knew how to find Taylor Swift for a selfie.

NY Jets68, stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep. If all the ticket buying fans refused to enter the stadium - they could still do their tailgate stuff, and they could watch the game on streaming devices or listen on the radio but just refuse to go into the stadium - after a few games I think possibly the league would step in and force Woody to either accept a management team to run things or he has to sell the team. It's the only way I see any change happening.

papapump and The_Darksider like this.
  4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Now isnt the time to bag on Woody, the guy payed the cash to get Rodgers.

5. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yep, but unfortunately, we couldn't even get 1/3 of the guys on this board to do it, much less an entire fan base. It'll never happen, we're stuck with the asshat.

mezzavo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

How's that working out?

papapump likes this.
  7. Ralebird

I had proposed something similar a number of years ago when things weren't quite so dismal. The difference being that I suggested the fans make a big statement by refusing to enter through the gates until after the National Anthem and then refusing to purchase anything at all within the stadium. (Yes, I understand it's a Jets game and adult beverages are generally required to justify one's presence, but it's a start.)

Just think how the stadium would look as the camera panned around with only a sprinkling of Jets fans in the seats. Now think about what the cameras outside the gates would get with 40,000 angry frustrated fans milling around trying to get through security all at the same time, some maybe even chanting messages to Mr. Johnson and Mr. Douglas.. Everybody who wanted to see the game would still be in their seats by the end of the first quarter. Some smart guys would make a killing selling paper bags in the lots.

It would be pretty easy to spread the word through forums like this, and all the varied social media outlets; I'd expect the support of other frustrated fans from around the country.

[And congratulations to two young guys who gave us a hell of a finish on MNF tonight by being what NFL level backups are supposed to look like.]

mezzavo and papapump like this.
  8. The_Darksider

I like it, but you would never get that to happen either. This board is tiny comparison to the amount of fans out there. Even social media is fairly tiny compared to the amount of people out there. While most people use social media, more don't join Jets groups than do. Then you have the large amount of fans who don't use social media at all.

You'd never be able to get the word to everybody. And if you did, a good portion of them would refuse to do it.

There is no way to get something like that done on a grand scale. Basic sociological behavior tells you it's impossible.

9. Ralebird

Getting it done in a week would probably be a long shot; it would have a much better chance if it was two weeks to the next game. Even five or ten thousand outside the gates would attract attention - that's the whole point. Throw in some signs and a few hundred fans wearing clown makeup would definitely get the kind of attention Johnson would not want to have to explain. Aim high! Think big!

NY Jets68 and The_Darksider like this.
  10. The_Darksider

There would be no better time to do it than opening day. Gives you the entire off-season to recruit, and it's a day that is always filled with optimism and hope, usually always sold out - that would certainly send a message.

Shit-I'll help.

11. Ralebird

I think it's way too negative for the opener - now there's a real reason, real frustration, and for some, real anger - you know, things you can build around!. It's also the time of year when a lot of people need a little extra incentive to get out there, but no better time than to hang around with a few thousand common thinkers. Think of it as a warm up for Santa-Con.

12. The_Darksider

Let's think about it for a minute - would you rather do it when things are terrible and have it get drowned out with the rest of the negativity, or have it stand out on its own? You gotta hit these guys when it hurts the most. Jumping into a brawl and throwing a few punches at a guy who's already only half conscious doesn't have the same effect as going up to him first, before anyone else, and flattening him.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Better yet, just show up in the other team's jersey.

Cman68 and abyzmul like this.
  14. nevbeats319

He tried. Still better then what the saints did in Signing Derek Carr Or the Raiders signing Jimmy G.

Jets1035 likes this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's nice that pampered billionaires get participation awards like the rest of us.

16. nevbeats319

This season isn't on Woody. If Aaron doesn't go down 4 snaps in. This thread isn't created

Jets OG fan likes this.
  17. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

It’s all on Woody.

The_Darksider and egbert souse like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don’t understand from an owners perspective why you would wanna be involved if you’re obviously bad at making decisions when you are involved.

The guys never worked for a thing in his life. All of a sudden he wants to be hyper involved in something he’s never known shit about?

Some of these guys just hire a good football executive and count their money and enjoy winning. Then go to the owners meetings and laugh at the shitty teams.

abyzmul likes this.
  19. jjt4201

jjt4201 Active Member

Excellent thought puzzle. If Aaron doesn't 'go down', this team would rocket towards playoffs.
    Ok but, eventually, Rogers would have gone down, unless you're saying all the injuries that occurred to the o-line wouldn't have done anything to the 40 yr-old QB. See I didn't make a big stink about Rogers even though it wasn't what the team wanted, and we know the coach and GM wanted Carr. Johnson had other plans, the biggest was to quietly go ahead and trade M White inside our division, to the top team, so there wasn't anyone to clamor for outside of ZW once Rogers went down. Do you think that was an intelligent decision made based on rational football considerations?
    You have got to do all sorts of mental gymnastics to come to a different conclusion.
    This thread was happening no matter what.
    I think Woody needs to come clean on what he's done and make clear what is happening going forward with regards to his impact on the team and the field, and that's the only way out of this situation.

20. egbert souse

egbert souse Member

Ego