It's Time...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Dec 4, 2023.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

...to get rid of Saleh and Hackett. THEY BOTH SUCK! The Dalvin Cook experiment should be shut down too. JD should be on the hot seat for this pathetic team he's put together. I understand injuries have hurt the OL but not having quality depth is a glaring hole for this franchise.

As much as I hate Woody Johnson and want him to sell, I know he will never sell. This team with him at the top will never succeed. I don't get it, how effin' inept does one have to be to realize one's not worthy of being an owner in the NFL.

This team is so unwatchable.

James Hasty and boozer32 like this.
  2. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Yeah, nerdy Woody does not need to be an owner anymore. He's the boss and he hired these incompetent losers. We need an owner like Jerry Jones. Hate or like him the Cowboys
    winning is his goal. He will change over that roster until he gets it right. Woody just wants the clout and tax write-off. The Jets are lifeless on the field I've been a fan for decades but this team is unwatchable.

papapump, Jets1035 and VegasMav like this.
  3. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

Saleh needs to be gone, he looked defeated yesterday

boozer32, Cman68, papapump and 2 others like this.
  4. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

If they fire Salah, Joe D needs to go with him. They are tied together, firing Salah and hiring a new coach with Joe D on the hot seat would be a mistake

5. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Problem is, woody is just dumb enough to promote Hackett.

SOJAZ and boozer32 like this.
  6. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

That would be the ultimate Woody/SOJ move.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Lions OC Ben Johnson or Eagles OC Brian Johnson would be a nice pick for HC of the New York Jets.

SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

If the Jets lose out, they should clean house.

JD, Saleh, Hackett, all of them. Adios.

9. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I've always said that Woody is in it for the money and not the wins. He's clueless about football and I'm afraid we're going to be stuck with him for years to come. Ever since he purchased the team, this team has been mediocre. The two years we went to the AFC championships were flukes. Woody needs to sell.

boozer32 likes this.
  10. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

It may be more subtle than that.

Without the Jets, Woody would be just another anonymous trust-fund doofus. With the Jets, he's Somebody Important, one of only 32 NFL owners. He probably gets off on being Somebody Important. Reporters ask him questions and write down what he says. Peyton Manning calls him personally to tell him to hire Adam Gase. This is heady stuff for a dweeb.

Being an owner enables him to feel like one of the guys at the cool kids' table for the first time in his life. Because he owns the team, the coaches and players are nice to him and treat him like one of the guys. Yeah, it's only an act, and a very patronizing act, but Woody probably gets off on it. He probably thinks that he really is one of the guys.

As an owner, he gets the ego rush of acquiring bright shiny things like Aaron Rodgers. What other anonymous trust-fund doofus gets to associate with Aaron Rodgers?

#10 Since1969, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  11. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

NOT going to happen. At best Hackett will be demoted. Saleh has built an insane defense and would immediately get hired as at least a coordinator, but probably as a HC for the Chargers. Where he will win with a real QB, and then you will kicking yourself. We are still all in on Rodgers as QB next year. As long as that is the case I don't know why anyone expects any major changes to the coaching staff.

SOJAZ, SackRecord99 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

15 - 31

GoldenShowers, NY Jets68 and papapump like this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well here's a thought that I'm sure will be met with ridicule, but I think they ought to fire Saleh today and make Hackett the interim HC. Not that he deserves it, but the only other choice is Ulbrich and that would risk making the defense worse. Making Hackett HC takes him out of the play calling and play design role for now, and even though he sucked at it, he does have some experience as a HC. And no, I would NOT suggest that he be retained at the end of the year.

It's clear that Saleh is in way over his head, and is floundering. There is nothing that can save him. Fire him now.

As for Douglas, I'd fire him too, and aggressively pursue the best GM candidate that will be available (see the article with the list of potential GMs that @Jonathan_Vilma posted in another thread), preferable one from the Chiefs, 40'ers, Eagles organization.

If Rodgers doesn't approve, tough shit. Let him retire and get on with the rebuild sooner.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No one is getting fired. There’s too much money in Rodgers so we have one more season of this atrocity. Here is how I’m hoping this plays out- even though we’re invested in Rodgers I’m hoping that a top 5 pick staring at the prospect of a blue chip QB is enough to entice this FO to draft QB. We’re going to be mediocre next year. Not quite as awful as we are now but with Rodgers healthy I think this is gonna be an 8-9 to 10-7 team at best, and I think that’s enough to get the entire regime fired, but we’ll have a mid level first round pick which is not enough to draft our future QB. This gives us an opportunity to entice top level offensive coaching talent to come coach a team with a D already solved and an O that’s ready to build with a young QB already having sat for one season.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  15. Ralebird

"Too much money in Rodgers"? What would you expect him to do if the GM and coaching staff was fired in the next five weeks?

16. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Retire. Rodgers doesn’t want to go through a rebuild. Woody is not gonna want to pay out his golden parachute while getting nothing in return.

17. Ralebird

You seem to make a lot of assumptions unless you have some inside information. So he retires? If Rodgers takes the field again it will be because he wants to play - his job would not be changing regardless of who the GM and coach are. Do you think he's been happy with what he has seen this season?

Borat likes this.
  18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

There’s wild assumptions and there assumptions in reality. The first thing Rodgers listed about wanting to come here was Hackett. Fire Saleh? Hackett goes too unless you mandate the new HC keeps him (which severely limits who will take this job) or (gasp!!) elevate Hackett to HC. If they fire Hackett then you’re telling Rodgers at 41 he’d have to learn a new offense. Not happening buddy.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Agree with this in general, but regarding the bold, I think a record like 8-9 or 10-7 next year means we bring everyone back. It'll fool Woody into thinking we're on a good trajectory because he's shown time and again that he takes records at face value without any consideration of nuance.

20. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I hope not, and I don’t really think so. Short of a strong playoff push I think Woody will take these clowns at their word. They openly felt this is a championship team that is only missing a QB. It’s clearly not. Our offense is completely devoid of talent save for Brece and Garrett. Our D is very good, but it’s not a championship D as they’ve continued to allude. A championship D can shut down elite offenses and carry a team with an inferior offense. Our D has shown it doesn’t do either. The lies our FO told to Woody resulted in Woody spending millions on Rodgers. I think in the end that’s what will cost them their jobs next year save for a SB caliber team.