Elevate Zach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Acad23, Dec 3, 2023.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Not sure why there are a lot of people using Boyle & Trevor sucking as vindication of Zach? They all suck! It's an indictment on the GM.

2. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Zach has suffered enough. Gain nothing for him or us by putting him back behind this line.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's not "vindication" to point out that while Zach didn't play well, there were - are - much bigger problems on the offense. What QB - including Mahomes - could win with this offense? This is the result of having a DC made into the HC - AGAIN! - and not putting the same effort and resources into the offense as they do the defense.

Borat likes this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think finishing 4-13 is a prerequisite for showing JD the door. Even if we win a few meaningless games down the stretch, the season was over in November again. It's like Gase all over again when we went 7-9, but actually were out of contention much earlier and won some meaningless games. Play-offs was the goal this season with or without Rodgers. It's time to let JD and Saleh go even if we win a couple of meaningless games. They have failed and it's been 4 years for JD and 3 for Saleh. There is enough evidence to suggest we are better off moving on from both.

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

agree. There was no rush to bench ZW and we weren’t going anywhere with Boyer and Trevor. I cannot believe we didn’t get a decent QB backup during the offseason. That’s on JD.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I would agree. He should be fired now. Should have been fired a few weeks ago. The final snubbing of Carson Wentz should have been the final straw, although the argument could easily be made that he should have been shown the door earlier than that.

But, when he does lose out, because this team will lose out, he will have finished on a 10 game losing streak the year after he finished on a 6 game losing streak, with the team having playoff aspirations in both seasons. It's unacceptable. Not firing Douglas is Woody condoning losing.

If Douglas is not shown the door, then Woody is point blank telling the fanbase that he doesn't care one iota about winning. We should have known that this would be the endpoint when it was that loser Gase that got him the gig in the first place.

7. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

ZW cannot play again, he is afraid out there. there is reason he runs around like a maniac.

these other guys are terrible too, just throwing the ball up to no one 75% of the time, but at least they can handle playing.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It's not a vindication of Zach. He still sucks. He just happens to suck slightly less than these other two guys.

Acad23 likes this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They can handle playing what? They are butt awful. They belong at home on the couch. What a miserable offensive roster we have built at the QB, OL and so on across the board. A bunched of undisciplined poorly coached under performers.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

RS and NH need to go immediately as well. Let’s get an offensive minded coach that actually knows what it takes to win, calls the shots, and recognizes what a good QB looks like and what takes to develop one.

#70 LAJet, Dec 3, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2023
  11. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Yup. People want to act like a quarterback who was drafted second overall, is in his third year, and can't be differentiated from a complete scrub and a bottom level journeyman is worthy of an I told you so.

stinkyB likes this.
  12. The_Darksider

It may not be vindication, but it is completely misplaced "I told you so" bullshit. Zach can be bad and everyone else can be bad as well. And he's plenty bad.

I didn't see very many people stating that he was the only problem, but so many want to say stupid shit like start "and you thought Zach was the only problem". Ridiculous. Cherry picking strawman arguments at their very best.

#72 The_Darksider, Dec 4, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2023
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I would argue he sucks A LOT less than Boyle. Boyle is something else. In the first half actually he was protected and WRs were open. I know Zach has not been good, but he is definitely significantly better than this absolute scrub who does not belong even in XFL. Simien I am not sure, because Simien was constantly pressured, so it was hard to evaluate, but Boyle is next level bad.

Agreed that Zach has been bad, but you saw Flacco with us against Miami and then today with Browns. How can any back-up be good without protection, no running game, and 1 competent WR? Maybe Rodgers could, or even a top back-up like Minshew could make something out of it. But it is hard for me to see a mid range back-up or worse succeeding here, and Flacco is a prime example of that.

cval likes this.
  14. The_Darksider

I am not on board with rating Zach on the same curve as some of these other guys. He was a second overall pick, was expected to be a star based on that pick, and has vastly underachieved. He is in the middle of his third season. Even if we account for injuries, he is finishing his second full season, and has not improved to any real measurable degree.

Tim Boyle sucks, he absolutely sucked in college, he has sucked in the pros, and no one seems to know how he managed to stay in the league. I was calling for him for the simple fact that he was on the roster, how much worse can he be? I got my answer, the answer is definitely worse in some ways, but not drastically worse by results. Why would I want to compare anyone to him and point to it as a reason for wanting the other guy?

As you stated, Siemian was under siege the entire time, impossible to read him properly today. Plus, he came in, didn't practice with the first team, and although I don't expect him to improve much, there is definitely the possibility improves a little bit.

And yes, Joe Flacco is a statue who would never do well behind this line. Zach's only advantage over these guys is his mobility. The one and only advantage. And he doesn't do much with that mobility most of the time as evidenced by the fact that the results are essentially the same. Rather, almost exactly the same.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We've got a a lot of depth, when it comes to tanking.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Can’t believe I’m typing this but put league average talent around Wilson and give him a top 10 OC and we’d probably still be in the hunt. Unfortunately we have piss poor talent and a Hacket.

LAJet, ColoradoContrails and Borat like this.
  17. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why burn a single pixel here saying how bad Boyle is? There was never a reason for him to be here to begin with unless you were looking to have your "starter" not look so bad in comparison. If you really think that Wilson is "definitely significantly better than" anyone else what difference does it make? If they were brain surgeons you wouldn't let either operate on you anyway.

LAJet and SackRecord99 like this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I can't believe you typed it either.

SackRecord99 and bigbucks24 like this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Whatever it takes to finish top 3. Who the hell cares. Let Tim Boyle play the ROS. Defense is about to crack anyways.

Borat likes this.
  20. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Different guy

Same level of suck

dawinner127 likes this.