The Return of the Rodgers..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 26, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

2. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Agree, My wife had the same surgery (its called a speed bridge) six weeks ago and is walking with a boot.... In fact she was just told that its healed so well that she can put her weight on it.. She is 72 year old non athletic women so, Rogers recover sounds right from ... As a side note, I can now retire form my nursing duties...

3. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Can she pass block?

4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

That poor other team

5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Finish the sentence: “Can she pass block any worse than what we have?”

Unhappyjetsfan likes this.
  6. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

If Robert Saleh let's that fool walk onto a PRACTICE field let alone an actual game day field then he should be fired on the spot. If Douglas doesn't have the stones to do it then "F" this team.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This Regime REALLY needs some return on the Rodgers investment this year. They are desperate for anything positive to hang their hats on and Rodgers coming back early does that. Now if that tendon snaps again........

8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Kinda makes no sense that Rodgers would go on the punter show, temper expectations about a 2023 return and then the very next day the Jets announce he is practicing for a 2023 return

9. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

This is the reason we need annual poster awards because I’m nominating this one for several categories.

REVISion likes this.
  10. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

The expectation of the 1999 team was to win a championship, not build for the future. Only a maniac would say that that team wasn't better than this one. It was far superior at just about every level.

You, sir, are a maniac.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  11. The_Darksider

I know you like acting like everyone who's playing QB now is not the "starter" because that wasn't the original intent, but to use Aaron Rodgers versus Vinny Testaverde to compare 1999 versus 2023 is absurd. Both were gone in game one - you have to compare the quarterbacks that actually played out the season. Ray Lucas was 10 times better than any of these three guys, probably all three of them put together. If Parcells goes to him earlier, we likely make the playoffs that year. As you've astutely pointed out multiple times this year, none of the three guys we have now even gets us to 500, much less a playoff berth.

So that means in 2023, if the rest of your comparisons are correct, every thing on the offense was better in 1999, and 2023 having an inferior offense in a football era where offense is key and defense barely matters in the grand scheme of things, says it all.

No comparison.

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Heck, Tom Tupa was better than any of the three we currently have on the roster. Tupa threw 2 TD passes in that game. Other than the KC game, when there was an electrical short and the lights flickered on for a brief moment for Zach Wilson, have any of these guys pulled off that feat in a game this year?

The_Darksider likes this.
  13. The_Darksider

I actually forgot about him. Lol I remembered Rick Mirer, and then Ray Lucas. Completely forgot about Tupa.

jets_fan likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yes it was, but so was our expectations in 2010 and honestly this year and next. we went "all in" on 2 years with rodgers and "borrowed" a bunch of cap from 2025 and beyond to do it . and just like in 1999 our QB snapped his achillies and we missed the playoffs. that was the original point.

15. GasedAndConfused

I was comparing the rosters and expectations heading into the season. your twisting it into something completely different then the conversation was. i made a comment that this roster also has a young core while that roster was a lot of aging vets

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It all makes perfect sense.

https://x.com/richard_normal/status/1729920898424045822?s=20

bigbucks24 likes this.
  17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

They need something to sucker in the wallets for next year. He’s gonna practice, and I’ll bet he plays. This way they can sell it all offseason

18. The_Darksider

Fair enough, didn't realize that. My apologies.

19. The_Darksider

So let's say somehow, some way, the Jets win the next couple of games and as that 21 day deadline approaches, the Jets are still in it at 6-7. Ostensibly, his return gives them a real opportunity to be 10–7 and in the hunt for a playoff spot.

Are they really going to throw him out there when he's not ready or do they blink, let the window expire and put him back on IR, and look even more foolish than they normally do?

This fucking team, man.

20. GasedAndConfused

all good.