The Return of the Rodgers..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Nov 26, 2023.

1. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

What a stupid take. The same line that gave Zach over 3 seconds to throw against Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack?

Do you know most of Aaron’s O-lineman in Green Bay were all mid to late round picks? I’m pretty sure he would get the ball out quick

what a lazy dumb take

SOJAZ likes this.
  2. nevbeats319

yea why bother.. Zac Taylor is 4-28 in games without Joe Burrow, they shouldn’t bother bringing him back either. Why bother

3. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah as bad as our OL is it's WORSE because of the QBs playing behind them not the other way around. Even this line wouldn't look as terrible if it were Rodgers out there all season.

SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  4. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

This 100%

2024 is just going to be groundhog day all over again. With the casual fans and media once again over-hyping up unsustainable wins on the front end of 2023 and while downplaying the constant back end losing that happened once that luck ran out. All in the name of feeding the same shallow and misguided "THE JETS ARE A QB AWAY FROM GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!" evaluation narrative they all readily gobbled up from the content creation media last year while pining for that 5 minutes of relevancy. Ignoring the fact a 41yo Rodgers will now be TWO years removed from seeing quite the sharp decline you expect to see out of any aged out QB not named Tom Brady. Ignoring the notably negative value price that gets paid to the rest of the roster construction and coaching staff as a condition of him being here. Ignoring the fact that the coaching room will once again have ZERO competent offense minds residing in it, much less any real potential answer to the dire issue that's plagued us for years now.

Last offseason it was Aaron Rodgers as the sell that will solve all our problems. Next offseason it'll be the return of Rodgers AND the addition of his very expensive/aging out buddy Davante Adams that will surely open up the offense. A move that will met with same universal applauds Rodgers got just based on "name" value, and with the same level of ignoring going in to all the reality sacrifices that end up happening to fit him on to that 2024 roster. That like Rodgers and once again contrary to everybody's ideal expectations, because clearly the Jets would never be that stupid or reckless (right? RIGHT?)...will indeed and again end up costing us our first round pick position to grab who would otherwise have made for the much more ideal OL upgrade pick. As well as god knows what else with Woody's undermining the GM need to get it done at any cost if it keeps his team in the headlines for that little bit longer.

It's a recipe for failure. One we can't move forward from as a franchise until he's out of the building and a legit search for new OC at the minimum can begin.

Footballgod214, SOJAZ, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  5. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Future Headline:
    Even A Future HOF QB Couldn't Save The Jets From The SOJ.

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I genuinely think this OL is 1 good draft pick at OT away from being a solid unit.

We have talent, especially on the interior in Tippman and AVT. Will be interesting to see what they do with Tomlinson after this year. According to OTC, they could save 8M if they cut Tomlinson prior to 2024 but that comes with a 10M dead cap hit so I wouldn't be surprised to see them keep the IOL intact and focus exclusively on OT this offseason. I'm not sure how much more they can adjust his contract as they've already tacked on 3 void years into 2027 but that's a question for the capologists.

If this season continues on its trajectory, getting an Olu Fashanu or Joe Alt to solidify LT or RT would go a long way to improving this OL and offense as a whole IMO for the foreseeable future.

barfolomew and dawinner127 like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

sadly AVT probably won't be ready till mid season. we'll need 2 OTs right now only warren and mitchell are the OTs on the roster for 2024. we could bring back becton

SOJAZ, KY Jets Fan and barfolomew like this.
  8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I love your optimism. I hope you are right. I will light a candle for you.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Thanks my friend!

I'm mainly just hoping that one of these times, most of our OL will stay healthy for a full year. I think that's the main reason for my optimism. These last 2 years have just been brutal for us on the OL and at some point that injury luck has to change, right?

10. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I wonder at what record next year, if we get off to a bad start, they fire them..

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Rodgers making it pretty clear that on McAfee show that the Jets need to be alive for him to even consider coming back. Heath over everything and then if they are alive.

- he isn't even wearing a normal shoe yet
    - he is only running with 75% body weight right now

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#31 dawinner127, Nov 28, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
    Cman68 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I really wanted JD & Saleh to be the regime that got us off the playoff snide and set this team up for continued success.

But they just can't play .500 ball... and that's a problem after three seasons.
    The optics are especially bad after all the pre-season ass-grabbing hype.

I was all in on trading for Rodgers... but the other personnel decisions are real head scratchers.
    Hackett is an awful OC... all the ex-packers are a disappoint.... and then there's the continuing Zach experiment.

Now they're in a tough spot.
    They have to win games when Rodgers comes back or the entire thing is one big career ending shit show.

boozer32, Borat, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He ain't coming back. Rodgers was full of shit for months, this is him reporting to work and backtracking on all the BS he was saying from his condo

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So, it would seem that Kal EL is having 2nd thoughts about coming back to be a part of this slow motion 17car trainwreck. Can't say I blame him but maybe he should have just kept his mouth shut and went about his rehab after watching this shitshow over the first 10 games.

Ralebird likes this.
  15. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Given Rodgers' personality, I'm sure he loves all the attention he gets from the will-he-of-won't-he drama. That's right up his alley.

One thing we haven't heard is what the Jets' doctors are saying. They have to clear him before he can practice or play. Unless they're complete idiots, they're going to make a medical decision and not just rubber stamp whatever Rodgers or management wants.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I see so much more risk than upside to his returning. Great he's back in the facility full time though

boozer32 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

Wouldn't a good indication that they are serious about him returning be when they take him off the IR?

he can practice for 3 weeks without taking up a roster spot after he is brought back from IR. The fact that they haven't done that yet tells me he is more than 3 weeks away

18. nevbeats319

I just want to get this right…so we are clear from everyone saying they want to blow it up..

• Going into this year, when they added Aaron Rodgers to basically the same team as the 2022 NYJ roster, they were Super Bowl contenders

• now going into next year with potentially that same team and some upgrades, you guys want to get rid of Aaron and blow everything up…how does that make any sense

19. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Why in the **** would anyone risk their career, even if it is in the twilight, for this mess. I am all for continuity if it makes sense but as Acad23 states they can even break even... they are losers.

I am with the posters that think a change is needed. I just wonder what Woody is thinking, that is if he really thinks about this team, and the dysfunction... HOw can you not fire Caption Smith (JD) and his 1st mate (RS) for this chit show... if I wasn't so disgusted I laugh.

ouchy and Borat like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

Valid questions but a few things

- they obviously underestimated how good the 2022 NYJ roster was. This is not a plug&play contender. It's a bad football team with a good defense.
    -Rodgers will now be on the wrong side of 40 and rehabbing a major injury. That is a big difference
    -defense may be worse next year as guys like Bryce Huff, Jefferson, Whitehead and possibly the heart & soul CJ Mosley all go elsewhere

Allowing Rodgers to pick his coordinator, his WR options, etc. was obviously a bad decision. I think people don't want to run it back with the same plan and end up where we are now again