Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The burden of proof of under the table deal is on you. These things are monitored very carefully, and there are serious repercussions if you talk to the player before the team allows you to. So unless you have the proof, this is a conspiracy theory. If you think hiring Hack was moronic, that means that you think JD and Saleh are terrible at picking OC. And you have been proven right on that.

But no it is not a coincidence that we hired Hack and then Rodgers came. After having MILF who was inexperienced, we wanted an experienced guy. There are only a few of these. Hack is that guy, and I am sure they may have had in the back of their mind that it might help with Rodgers, but this could not have been the only reason. Anyway, unless you have a proof otherwise, Rodgers did not talk to them before and mandate hiring Hack in the under the table deal.

I don't think Rodgers mandated brining in anyone. There is evidence to support this, which is OBJ. I am sure he recommended Lazard, because he had good experience with him, but JD makes the call. Let's not blame that on Rodgers without any evidence of Rodgers' mandate for Lazard. JD fucked up time and time again on all offensive signings but Conklin. Before and post Rodgers. Not sure about you, but it is very clear to me who is at fault for this offensive fiasco, and it is not Rodgers who took a large pay cut and got hurt because he wasn't protected.

#161 Borat, Nov 25, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2023
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The first thing I said in this conversation was: "Depends on what extent Rodgers bullied the front office into signing his buddies and not getting a better backup QB." So I went in admitting that I have no idea to what extent Rodgers was involved in signing his buddies. Only the Jets front office knows that. If it is the case that Rodgers wasn't involved in the Jets hiring Hackett, then he obviously isn't to blame for that. Though there's also the possibility that he's standing in the way of Hackett getting fired, in which case he is causing a problem.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Also gonna point out that the Eagles and Ravens are doing very well without Douglas. As if he had nothing to do with their success and was free-riding off Roseman and Newsome.

JohnnyJet, mrmajix, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

My point is that I heard Rodgers talk about this and he said he did not request JD to do anything. We also have OBJ whom Rodgers wanted and who asked JD to match his Baltimore offer, and JD didn't. So, to me unless there is something else that comes out, there is a lot of evidence JD made the calls he felt were appropriate without any pressure from Rodgers. Rodgers is not a GM, but a player who took a pay cut, and was failed by the GM for not getting OT to protect him. JD is the one who really screwed this year and really failed Rodgers, Saleh, and the entire fan base. It starts with him. I think we can agree on that.

Now, as far as Hack, this is very interesting situation just now. He also gave up play calling last year. It wasn't any better. Now, our HC cannot call plays. OC sucks at it. I don't know any team where a HC or OC doesn't call plays. So, what should Saleh do? Give play calling to Downing? It won't matter. The Jets' 2023 season is over. JD and Saleh need to go baring some miracle turnaround.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I mean, by watching our games you could almost argue we're purposely tanking. I'm not sure were not. I'm sensing another run at another top 5 QB.

Jets79 likes this.
  6. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

To make matters worse - that's generally the norm in the NFL. Teams don't always go from bad to great, but they go from bad to decent or good pretty frequently. We can't even manage that. It's like we're making a concerted effort to stay bad for as long as possible.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Which is why JD has to go. He did a lot of good things, I know, and credit to him for that. But at the end of the day, you need to finish the job and the team has to show some semblance of good results. 4 years is enough time. Thank you JD for what you did, but you just couldn't take the next step of building a complete roster. JD failed, and someone else had to take that next step in spite of some of the really good things that were done.

JohnnyJet and REVISion like this.
  8. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah.... "thanks" Douglas.

for nothing

JohnnyJet likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

Shit forget Seattle. how about the Browns? They draft Johnny Football, all-time historic bust, then they draft Mayfield, bust, so they make what might go down as the single worst trade in NFL history in response...

and yet they are still way better than our Jets

JohnnyJet, mrmajix and REVISion like this.
  10. REVISion

I'd like to believe we're purposefully tanking but that would be much too shrewd a thing for this incompetent organization to do.

JohnnyJet, mrmajix, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

Strange tanking strategy - let’s get to 4-3 and then lose

they just suck

BacktoQueens, mrmajix, Jets69 and 2 others like this.
  12. REVISion

This is one of many reasons you don't hire a defensive head coach. Offense is too important to have a revolving door at the position calling or designing the plays. It's indescribably frustrating when we could see this problem coming from a mile away the day we hired Saleh and did it anyway.

Changing coordinators also means no continuity for your QB. That is doubly important when you're trying to develop a young one. We are just so stupid as a franchise. It's insane.

mrmajix and Cman68 like this.
  13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well it’s funny…but maybe it reallly IS tanking…they lost Rodgers, said shit let’s roll with Zach…if he suddenly gets it then we’re good and if not, well then we know for sure he sucks and we tank the year. I guess this is what tanking looks like? But yeah, they waited for 4 wins but shit, didn’t we ALL think we’d lose with Zach out there?

I mean, if we really ARE tanking, it’s not like they are going to come out and just say it, right?

ouchy likes this.
  14. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

It wouldn't surprise me. JD loves to not learn from his mistakes.

BacktoQueens, mrmajix and ouchy like this.
  15. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Is that really a bad idea, if Rodgers is going to play next season, draft a QB sit and watch drama Rodgers, probably this teams best option, but as far as tanking, highly unlikely, this team just, sucks, that should be obvious, to a blind man.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I was an early supporter of his vision and therefore him. Last season started to change that when Zach Wilson was allowed to tank the season. This past offseason he was like a decapitated chicken with a discharged parachute charging into a dumpster fire.

JohnnyJet and JetDan like this.
  17. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The only way I have been able to justify some of the stupid inaction from the FO this year is to imagine they are tanking... it just doesn't add up at all. It's incompetence.

JohnnyJet, BacktoQueens and ouchy like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If the Jets hired Hackett on their own volition without Rodgers in mind, then they’re even more poorly run than we all thought.

19. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Overrated?
    Dudes one of the worse gms all time with his win loss record

can’t rate any clown who triples down on Zach Wilson

JohnnyJet, Ralebird, mrmajix and 3 others like this.
  20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well they dumped MLF because he didn't get along with Zach and they needed to blame someone.

They didn't sign a viable QB to replace Rodgers... or even to b/u Zach.

Point is... maybe they are just that stupid.