Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He's got to go. And he can take his assistant GM Rodgers with him.

What a waste of a season and we couldn't even salvage it because that would require hurting the feelings of Rodgers' friends and for Douglas to admit he made a mistake with the 2021 #2 overall pick.

2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Why is Rodgers to blame though? The guy took a pay cut, got hurt behind shit OLine JD built and is doing everything he can to come back quickly. JD has failed here, but it is not Rodgers' fault.

mrmajix likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Depends on what extent Rodgers bullied the front office into signing his buddies and not getting a better backup QB.

JohnnyJet, egbert souse and papapump like this.
  4. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Does Paul Hackett have any other children that the Jets can hire?

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's just a speculation. Rodgers already said he did no such thing. He took a pay cut saying there are trade opportunities at the deadline. JD did nothing. Did he also prevent JD from building an Oline? And Hack was hired before Rodgers even met with the Jets. Let's not shift blame from the one who fucked up (JD) to someone who got hurt because JD fucked up and is doing his best to rehab and come back to help this team.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. jets_fan

Because everything we've done has been to appease Rodgers this offseason, which in turn, means that him being here will result in us having to keep these idiot brain trust of Saleh, Douglas, and Hackett here for another year.

Like I've said countless times in other threads, if Rodgers wants to return to the team next year, great, but it can only happen with those three clowns being shown the door and him having minimal input into who we bring onto the team in the offseason, because his talent evaluation skills (i.e. Lazard) aren't great.

7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The first part is just not true. Rodgers didn't demand to draft DE in the first round or not to trade up for Dawand Jones when he slipped. Hack was hired before Rodgers. I am very upset at JD, but I just think Rodgers blame is misplaced here.

However, it is not unreasonable to clean house and ask Rodgers to come back still. Get JD and Saleh out and hire a competent OC from another team as a HC. That OC will call plays, like MLF did in GB. Remember Hack in GB didn't call plays. He did his best when he was cleaning the clipboard and serving coffee to Matt LF. He may be OK in this role for the new coach. But at this point our best chance going forward is Rodgers as a QB in 2024. We need a new GM and new HC who will call plays on offense.

tomdeb and barfolomew like this.
  8. jets_fan

I think it can be looked at slightly different. I doubt Rodgers explicitly asked for those things, but at the same time, Saleh, Douglas, and Woody were so desperate for him to join the team that they felt they needed to do certain things in order to keep him on board with the idea of jumping ship from a legendary franchise like GB (even if all sides wanted to part ways) to come join our shitty little operation here. And, honestly, the idea that Douglas made these moves to appease Rodgers actually makes him look slightly better in the long run. Otherwise, Douglas simply thought on his own that Lazard was worth $44 million and could be the #2 opposite Garrett Wilson and that, honestly, is the worst of the two options.

It'll only result in mediocre at best returns for the team. Rodgers was brought in because people thought this team was only a QB away from being a Super Bowl contender. This season has completely blown that idea out of the water. He is the best option, though, consider what we should be doing is drafting a QB to sit behind him for a year or two and actually learn how to play.

JohnnyJet, REVISion and barfolomew like this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

What is The House of Pain? The New Dump. I don't think that parsing anything is even worth anyone's time. The Jets are beyond parsing, anyway. Dolts from top to bottom.

Think about it. From Flake Turd Rodgers to Tim Boyle the paperboy. I can't even do it.

#129 jetophile, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    barfolomew likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Joe Must Go...

11. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Rodgers brought over a significant amount of his friends. Sadly they all suck.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Cman68

Goes double for his personal OC..

REVISion and barfolomew like this.
  13. kevda5n9ne

kevda5n9ne Well-Known Member

Ahh remember when JD said, "We need to be playing meaningful games in December."
    ??? Those were the days...
    Has JD come out and say "We need to start WINNING meaningful games in November." yet?

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Cman68

JD is doing his best Leon Rose imitation. Dodging the press, letting Saleh take all the heat while not being around for the tough questions..

15. jets_fan

It's about the only thing he's actually good at.

Actually, that's wrong. He's also extremely good at making other people think he's actually good at his job.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm the last person on TGG who would shift blame away from Douglas. I was calling for his firing years before it became popular and took a lot of shit for it. But the fact of the matter is that Hackett, Lazard, Cobb, and Boyle are all Rodgers guys who wouldn't be here if not for him. And they certainly didn't get signed here on the merits, so the question is to what extent did Rodgers force the Jets to do it in order to land him. Douglas is an awful GM, but that doesn't mean I'm going to ignore Rodgers's role in this.

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Jets front office...

[​IMG]

JohnnyJet, mrmajix, REVISion and 8 others like this.
  18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Idzik, Macagnan and Douglas - you couldn’t have picked shittier choices if you had tried.
    Heck even a broken clock is right twice a day.

19. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I've ever seen a team, that had playoff inspirations, throw in the towel the second a major injury occurred to this degree in the NFL.

There was no effort to salvage the season, when there was such an easy opportunity to do so at QB. And unfortunately little hope that anyone will get replaced.

I've never seen it less about winning then this years Jets. That directly effects my fandom.

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Saleh out of context quote from the presser...

"I don't know..."

Borat and jets_fan like this.