Saleh admits to terrible planning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Yankee6, Nov 21, 2023.

1. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

We shall see tomorrow.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  2. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

We sure will. I'm cautiously optimistic for some reason.

You never know with these guys. Zach kicked ass in college and did get drafted. I think pretty high if I remember right. And he's been a confused little deer in headlights for three straight years and is single handedly destroying a franchise.

There is a high chance Boyle will do terrible but I'm not going to condemn until he gets his shot. I predict he'll surprise to the upside.... although that probably still won't be enough to actually beat Miami. I'm expecting at least competence. I was watching some video on him the other day and he's thrown a few sweet passes in his career.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Tue gets rattled by good pass rushes. I think we can slow down their offense at least for a while. The problem is how much will we be able to score? We'll need turnovers.

An upside is Boyle is a new QB and we may be able to catch them off guard with some downfield plays. We just don't have a lot of tape on that for them to prepare for. That is assuming Boyle can execute and, well...that's all the hope I can offer.

This does feel like one of those wins we pull out of our butt though.

4. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean everyone should go into the season assuming Rodgers would go down after 4 snaps. How do you NOT know that? Joe Douglas & Saleh really need to get better at ESP. So pathetic.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Exactly, there is no excuse for there bad to terrible decisions then and through the season. I am hoping for the best but expect the worst, because I am a NYJ fan...

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Duane Brown at LT didn't help, but nobody's blaming them for Rodgers getting hurt. The blame is for doing nothing after Rodgers went down and letting Zach destroy the season.

Jets81 and Jets79 like this.
  7. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

Thats a ridiculous take. Of course no one knew, but you also dont just stick your head in the sand and assume everything will be fine. Even if they thought he wouldnt get hurt until game 4 or 6 you still have to have a plan for that and their plan was Zach.

IDFjet likes this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Dolphins will be like "we ain't losing to them suckers". Then them suckers will show up at the stadium angry and spend all day bitch-facing Tyreek into the ground. Yeah that's how we get back on track. Ball-out Boyle

Acad23 likes this.
  9. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

From your keyboard to God's smartphone.

10. impure

impure Well-Known Member

Wasnt Rodgers dealing with a calf injury throughout camp? They should have got a competent backup at that point. It was just horrible planning by Douglas.

Jets79 likes this.
  11. Jets OG fan

Jets weren't winning the superbowl with any QB not named Rodgers. Makes sense to see if your #2 overall pick can get it together.

12. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

FIFY

Yankee6 likes this.
  13. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

With an average QB and our D we could have made a run in the playoffs. Guess its not worth trying. More important we give our bust #2 pick a 10th chance to see if he sucks as bad as we already know.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yes but another QB could have gotten us a good enough record to give Rodgers a shot at coming back and leading us on a playoff run. And Zach being a former #2 overall pick is meaningless. Even at the start of this season, he would have been a late round pick in a 2021 redraft. So a late round pick is how he should have been treated.

15. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Tom Brady would like a word with you. Drew Bledsoe was knocked out of the second game of the season and Brady took over and led them to a 9 - 7 record.

16. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

If what you're thinking is true, it demonstrates nothing less than contempt for the NY Jets fans from the front office.

17. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Johnny Unitas went down in the pre season, Earl Morall took the Baltimore Colts to the Super Bowl.

18. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

The old school draft a QB and he sits and learns for at least a year worked well for the KC Chiefs. That rascally Andy Reid, watching his moves might be a good lesson for most GMs with the intelligence to see that. Sadly not for the NY Jets.

19. Jets OG fan

I think we all know that Rodgers would have come back and gotten re-injured in the first game.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I knew when we challenged a 5 yard completion at their own 29 yard line on the first drive, we were going to lose. It just reeked of desperation right out of the gate.