Fire Joe Douglas 2023-24 Edition

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Nov 19, 2023.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No, that wasn’t the point and you know it. You were trying to show that he wasn’t very successful but he was given a long leash.

You get too hung up on where GM’s like Lynch and others use their picks and if their picks are bad. The end result matters way more than any of those things. Lynch doesn’t have good first round results but he’s built a good franchise. You can’t say the same for Douglas right now.

IDFjet likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I already expected the disaster when rodgers went down. it's why i'm not so angry
    It's kinda sad that the jets reddit has more reasonable people then we do here. platforms like reddit , twitter etc tend to have the more outlandish less conversation angry comments. where old school forums like this tend to have the older more resonable people. I just think over the 30, 40, 50 years most of us have been jet fans here has beat the old timers down with decades of ineptness to the point it's just hopeless

horsehead likes this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no i was trying to show why you can't use win/loss record to only judge a GM. go back and read the whole thing.

4. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

He fell victim to the sunk cost fallacy with Zach and it very well should cost him his job.

It was very apparent that Zach’s time was up in NY after the way last season ended.

5. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

i can do one but at the end of the day, the Andy Reid regime started day 1 with a ELITE head coach and traded for Alex Smith. While competing for playoffs every year, they traded up to draft Mahomes and he sat for a year.

horsehead and JohnnyJet like this.
  6. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

beyond a couple decent offloadings , sam and mouth adams, hes stunk

JohnnyJet likes this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Joe gotta go

#107 JetsNation06, Nov 24, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2023
    JohnnyJet likes this.
  8. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

REBUILD, REBUILD, (voice pitching up) REBUILD!!! That was in 2020. The Lions, Jaguars, and EVEN the Texans, have seen better results in less time. But hey, St. Joe sucks. Those teams mentioned above have done more in less time to improve their squads. He doesn't get a f*n pass. He's a failure at his job.

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

This. Absolutely no excuses. Time is not on your side JD. Your bluff has been called.

BacktoQueens, REVISion and JohnnyJet like this.
  10. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

So how did Patrick Mahomes become the KC starting QB? Andy Reid drafted him, with the 10th pick in the 2017 draft, and then SAT him to watch and learn the KC offense for his rookie season. Alex Smith was the KC QB for the 2017 season. He was then traded to the Washington football team. And Mahomes became the starter.

Given that Alex Smith (was traded for by the Chiefs) had taken the team to 4 playoff appearances in 5 years he was certainly a competent QB. And Coach Reid, was impressed enough with what he saw to start Mahomes.

Knowing the type of coach Andy Reid is, he went with the old school approach to starting a rookie, prove to me you should start. And the happy go lucky, weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee, I'm a GM in the NFL, for the NY Jets and I KNOW BETTER than coach Reid, let's start an unproven, small school, QB on the basis of ONE unrushed pass. And as a total aside, the coaching staff should have seen ZW's terrible gameplay film and started a proven veteran, until ZW was (if ever) ready to start.

Most well run organizations in the NFL, make the same mistakes as any other team. What makes them better run? Clearly defined personnel needs and consequent resolution to improve the areas of need. Knowing what is the actual goal of the team, and working to improve the teams overall performance. And coaching, coaching, coaching.

This link is to draft record of the KC Chiefs. https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/kan/draft.htm. Happy Thanksgiving!!

horsehead likes this.
  11. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

Isn't this the exact thing that St. Joe executed when he took over the team? Cleaning out the entire roster, to bring in his shitty offensive personnel? And do you get paid by the NY Jets to post for them?

JetsNation06 likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Seattle rebuilt faster than us and we had their 1st round picks.

BacktoQueens, Brook!, Acad23 and 3 others like this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Insane, isn't it? Credit to JD for brutally raping Seattle in Adams trade, got their 1st round picks for two years in a row. I mean this was a masterful rip off and JD earned lots of credit for that. And yet somehow in one draft they are set with young tackles, while we are struggling year after year after year, even when there were clear opportunities to do the same, which fans were asking for at the time.

JohnnyJet and ouchy like this.
  14. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Yea, but they gained them back and more with the Russell Wilson trade. They also hit lightning in a bottle with Geno Smith.

That said-Pete Carroll is clearly 10x the head coach that Robert Saleh.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  15. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

I remember watching him on the NY Jets sideline first as the DC for the Bruce Coslet teams and then when he was our HC for a year. Watching him you knew he was going to be a successful HC.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. JohnnyJet

JohnnyJet Member

So, you think that a record of 17 - 43 and a HISTORICALLY BAD OFFENSE, is a reason to keep someone as your GM?????

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

They have a much better GM and overall talent evaluating.
    In Seattle's last 2 drafts they have found 13 starters. Because they can find impact players in more than just the first two rounds.

Brook! and Borat like this.
  18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Just keep him out of the QBs decisions that includes off season, drafting and replacements.

with a solid defense a avg QB would have given us many chances.

20. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I would add for hiring Salah. Salah has the same dumb stare Herm Edwards had after every bonehead play

REVISion, Cman68 and papapump like this.