Saleh admits to terrible planning

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Yankee6, Nov 21, 2023.

1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I think people do and I doubt anyone has any expectations. I am already fully prepared for a complete joke Friday. I don't think anyone is anointing him as the savior, but we literally cannot be worse than we have been under zach. I also think Siemian can be in by halftime.

SOJAZ and IDFjet like this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

My problem with Saleh’s Defensive strategy is really from his own words “a monkey could call this defense”. He’s not wrong, he runs a very simple scheme based on the athleticism and quality of defenders. He rotates an incredibly talented D Line to keep them fresh and generate pressure. There’s very little adjustment to what we face week to week. We have stellar talent on D. As we’ve shown time and time again, it’s very easy to assemble a high level defense. We’ve done it again and again under different philosophies of D. I no longer want an elite D, I want a D that gives up lots of yards and a fair share of points. I want one stud pass rusher, solid run stopping DL full of fat lunch pail guys, one solid cover corner and the rest young, cheap, but smart defenders. I want a DC that schemes disguises to put players into position to create turnovers. I want the majority of our resources poured into fielding an offense that is a consistent threat to put 30-40 points on the board every game. An offense that’s a threat to score on every possession. I want 2 stud receivers, a stud TE, a solid RB committee, solid OL, and a QB that can read a fucking D. We need an offensive minded HC and a DC that can call up multiple defensive schemes to match our opponents weaknesses and create turnovers. Win the number of possessions and win the game.

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Nobody expected him to pull anything off but look competent. That’s all. He’s looks as incompetent as any QB I’ve seen in the NFL. He’s a poor leader, he’s a poor student of the game, he’s a poor decision maker, he’s a poor thrower in terms of accuracy, he has poor footwork and mechanics, he needs to be held with kid gloves and treated like a baby, and the results with him at QB have been poor. He incompetent. I don’t expect a superstar, we expect competency of which he has none.

SOJAZ and IDFjet like this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

we haven't had any in decades save for 2015 with fits, a little bit of chad when he was healthy, and half of favre's season.
    lots of incompetent QBs in the NFL sadly.

5. GasedAndConfused

it can always be worse. how many times have fans said "it can't be worse" only for it to in fact be worse?

Centiment likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'll back up G&C a little on this one. My crystal ball says Boyle will actually throw some nice passes and get a little energy going and probably even score a few times. But there are probably going to be a couple picks, probably at the absolute worst moment, and the Jets will end up losing the game.

I'm thinking it'll be respectable and we won't see Siemien this time though.

7. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

We go from scoring .8 TDs a game to scoring .3? Who cares????? It literally does not matter if it gets worse than what we have on offense right now.

REVISion and IDFjet like this.
  8. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

no im angry that after failing for 2 years he was still in the position to play at all!

IDFjet and Ralebird like this.
  9. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

I dont care if it gets worse. Im ready for DIFFERENT. At least they are trying something new. If it doesnt work out thats fine. I usually expect things not to work out with this team, but not seeing Zach throw another pass is already a win for me.

SOJAZ, IDFjet and Centiment like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

most said the same about MLF last year. most here would very prefer to have him back right now.

11. GasedAndConfused

just because your tired of getting punched in the face doesn't mean it's better to get shot in the dick because it's different lol
    unless we can actually win, it's a moot point. and we are too far behind to make any real run at a playoffs in our current state and position

12. GasedAndConfused

I mean boyle has failed for 5 years and he's starting in 2 days lol
    thats a really interesting mentality some fans have

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I feel ya. The Jets don't stand a chance in hell with a QB who holds onto it and seemingly refuses to throw it. Not to mention it was breaking that locker room. It is too late for a change but it was necessary

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Who has a better chance of being the next Geno Smith - Wilson or Boyle?

15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Chris Streveler. He was one of the highlights of the 2022 season along with Sauce running around with a cheesehead and Quinnen Williams manhandling that Dolphins receiver.

16. GasedAndConfused

strevler was awful. he doesn't have the bare minimum arm to be an NFL QB

dmw likes this.
  17. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

All the more reason they should have planned it better.

Ralebird likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Boyle.. He looked better in the preseason against the scrubs than Zach did. Hackett called a completely different sequence of plays for Boyle too. Throws a tighter spiral as well. Being taller and heavier to me mean he can stand in the pocket and look downfield. Give him enough snaps and he just might surprise folks.. Mentally, Boyle seems to be more mature and confident than Zach so that's why he gets my vote.

SOJAZ, Centiment and Ralebird like this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

the only good teams with an elite QB that has a proven somewhat capable guy as a backup is probably the eagles and fins (and white wasn't an option for us). the chiefs, bills, benagls, browns (even though watson isn't elite anymore), chargers, cowboys, lions, don't have shit for backups either. most good backups go to a team with a chance for them to start and can get paid more when the teams QB isn't making a 40mil salary

20. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

If this is true, and it's difficult to assume it's not since it's coming straight from the coach's mouth, then nothing going on here makes sense, and everyone should be fired immediately under the premise that you can't let this management team make one more single decision that is important to the organization.

Wilson was benched twice last year, they thought so little of him that they took his job away and spent all that money, draft capital and time to go get Aaron Rodgers, then figured he would probably get hurt, but assumed the worst case scenario was 3–4 weeks as if training camp and the first few weeks of the season don't exist, and yet still didn't prepare for that eventuality?

And even if they really were that obstinate and dumb and stupid and careless and reckless, if you know Wilson's not ready, you expected that Aaron Rodgers would probably get hurt and he'd have to jump in, not going and get another quarterback after week one when Rodgers went down is outright criminal. It makes no sense at all, and can be nothing other than incompetence.

There is no other explanation for hoping on a wish and a prayer that the guy absorbed enough in training camp, which is the only thing they could possibly say to dispute it. There is no justification for taking a team from win now mode into developing the quarterback mode at the drop of a dime like that.

Just disgusted, and I've been disgusted since I read this post the first time.

SOJAZ, Brook!, REVISion and 2 others like this.