Sauce Gardner’s trade value

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by CTJet22, Nov 20, 2023.

1. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Hello,

I signed up for this board because I am distraught over the Jets. I was up all night thinking about the options. The only solution I came up with was trading Sauce Gardner.

1) I don’t want Aaron Rodgers anymore, but we are stuck with him

2) I don’t want Saleh, Hackett, and Douglas to be part of the Jets anymore, but we are stuck with them.

3) The Jets need two off-seasons worth of players to field a competent offense (Minimum 3 new starting OL and 2 WRs).

Sauce is a good player, but he’s not Revis. To me he is a luxury that the Jets really don’t need. The evidence is them beating the Eagles without Sauce or Reed. If the Jets want a chance to compete with Rodgers they need to fortify the OL and get him some weapons. The only way to do that is the draft.

Would a team offer a first for him? I would think we could get between pick 18-32 for him. This is a very good draft so a first round pick is very valuable.

I was excited to bring Rodgers here, but it ended up being a huge mistake. This roster needs to be blown up, but that’s not possible as long as the 40 year anchor is still here.

barfolomew and twown like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mentioned it in the other thread. I think he has monster trade value. It’s fun to ponder how we could fix the rest of the team with what we got back but our organization from top to bottom isn’t creative enough to even think about moving a player like him.

They need the jersey sales and to put him on the ticket stubs (do they do that anymore?). Rodgers also likes going to Knicks games with him.

We could reset the entire roster if they got creative with the assets they have.

REVISion and HomeoftheJets like this.
  3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Um, gonna have to let this one marinate for a bit...

4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Jets organization is so dumb that if he had a jersey number other than 1, I think the odds of him getting traded would in fact be higher.

5. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

My thought exactly. The current regime isn’t creative enough to even consider it.

REVISion likes this.
  6. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Trading Sauce would be a huge mistake for Draft picks.
    Getting bonafide proven talent is a different is one thing but
    Draft picks for this team are a crapshoot.

One off game when the D is fed up with the offensive futility, I can’t help but think this is stupid knee jerk reaction.
    I think you are seriously underestimating how great Sauce can end up being.

Savatage and sackexchange like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It’s not about his play last game. It’s about the fact that the roster construction is just awful right now.

And it shouldn’t just be Sauce in consideration. We need to reset the roster badly and get more talent on the offensive side. If we could move Jordan Whitehead for the same return, obviously you do it. But Sauce is very valuable.

I don’t want to move him at all either but we have to do something. We have very limited draft picks, no cap space and the worst offensive talent in football including gaping holes at tackle next year.

REVISion likes this.
  8. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Great! Enjoy watching teams not throw his way because they know they can just sit on the ball because the Jets offense can’t score.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Sauce has come back to earth a bit this year. Teams know you can run right at him or throw a short comeback and if you make him tackle its guaranteed extra yards. With his game he is not built to tackle.

That said, I'm tired of watching talent walk out the door.

10. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We could use another edge rusher... :confused:

egbert souse likes this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Antonio Cromartie was 5 times the athlete that Gardner is but they both share the same non-tackling chromosome. Pretty crazy, huh?

Ugh, that play in the 3rd Q, Gardner made such a lame ass lazy grab he should be embarrassed for himself for life. It doesn't matter if it's not your strength, at least make believe like you give a shit.

mezzavo and Losmeister like this.
  12. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Rebuild ? Didn’t they just do that

13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I'm not as opposed to it as some will be, but I think Quinnen is still the better candidate. Sauce is a better CB than Quinnen is a DT and CB is more important than DT. I think we could find a dumb GM to give us almost as much for Quinnen as we'd get for Sauce.

Regardless, you're absolutely right that we're going to have to part with someone painful from the defense if we have any hopes of turning the offense around quickly. It's the only way and it's probably smart to do so given how bad our offense is and how important offense is.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Quinnen got paid so he’s less valuable. Sauce has 3 years left on his rookie deal.

RochesterJet and ouchy like this.
  15. abyzmul

Who cares. At some point you have to stop rebuilding.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  16. abyzmul

I keep waiting for his arm to get pulled out of the socket.

17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Welcome, this was a topic of discussion earlier in another thread. Still not sure what to make of it really.

18. CTJet22

CTJet22 Active Member

Yea, it sucks. Unfortunately I don’t see another solution.

REVISion likes this.
  19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Trading Sauce would also be the sort of move that this franchise never does - one that scares the other players into giving max effort. Our front office has no balls and our coach wouldn't criticize someone if they killed his dog. If Sauce can be traded then anyone is fair game. I do think things like that matter when trying to build a winning culture.

20. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Yikes this is the thread that makes me walk. Peace out y’all!

NOVAJET and cmcm750203 like this.