Hackett is a terrible offensive coordinator

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dmw, Nov 17, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I mean you can't make gold from shit but you can at least find ways to get a little something going.
    Only thing I seen from hackett to do that really was the GW pass in the red zone last week which was a bad idea considering his bum elbow and he threw it way OOB.
    He has to get more creative to account for the fact we have 1 legit WR, a beat up o-line, can't establish the run, and a backup QB.

BrooklynJetsFan, dmw and sackexchange like this.
  2. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Not a fan of Hackett so far but to be fair the last offensive coordinator didn't have much success with Zach either.

I am very happy that there is a chance that Aaron Rodgers will play quarterback for this team but I am not so sure he is any good at talent evaluation.

If we didn't bring in his offensive coordinator and sign all of his friends perhaps we would have filled the hole at tackle and he wouldn't have gotten hurt.

BrooklynJetsFan and sackexchange like this.
  3. sackexchange

sackexchange Well-Known Member

The whole approach to the off-season last year was highly questionable for sure.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Not really. was pretty simple. we felt we were a "QB away" the best option possible was rodgers (with carr being option 2) and rodgers was out of GB but deciding whether to retire or play more. We courted him and he wanted to come play for us and we added his buddies and his OC he wanted and made the trade happen.

James Hasty likes this.
  5. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Hackett has shown he's worse than MLF but the lack of WR talent on this team is league-leading. It is basically GW and a bunch of 4's/5's. WR talent was substantially better last year.

James Hasty likes this.
  6. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

You don't think a good power run on 2nd and 20 to make it a much more manageable 3rd and 17 is the way to go?

7. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Seriously? With the way you comment on everything else I was expecting at LEAST 1 full paragraph, peppered with your VAST football knowledge, explaining things.

This entire operation was a jack wad, haphazard pooch screw! I'm O.K. with Rodgers coming in as QB but not at the expense of being held hostage! "You're going to hire my O.C. and friends from the Packers or I'm not coming." Yeah, well, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Rodgers wanted Hackett because, when he goes off script and calls his own plays Hack won't get his panties in a bunch. MOST O.C's would lose their shit when the QB does their own "thing." Rodgers is also a seasoned vet destined for the HOF and is basically, like Manning, an O.C. on the field. Zach Wilson is NONE of those things on a GOOD day.

There have been 48 starting QB's in the 2023 season (68 in 2022) and we still have 7 or 8 weeks to go in the regular season! It was INCREDIBLY short sighted of the entire organization to NOT address the backup QB position. Even more short sighted to not do their due diligence on the O.C. It would have been a simple question, "what percentage of plays called does Aaron run, without completely changing, in a game?" I think you would find that it's a pretty significant number which essentially nullify's Hackett's impact. Heck, Zach Wilson is a whole lot closer to a Russell Wilson in playing style than Rodgers. If RW couldn't make Hackett's offense run what did they think ZW would look like...and with a lot less football talent than RW?

No, the NY Jets did what they always do. Woody starts acting like a kid in a candy store and when he locks in on something it's "anything goes" to make that ONE thing happen. Instead of keeping last year's O.C., shopping for a serviceable starter and then shoring up the o-line the NY Jets went ALL IN on an aging HOF QB who then demanded his O.C. et. al. No, I don't care that they hired Hackett first. The plan was laid the moment the 2022 season ended for the Jets. The entire operation was a mess.

8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm beginning to wonder if the Rodgers gambit is a parallel Tebow II. So far, we've gotten next to no return on the investment. In fact, the HC gave up any autonomy once Rodgers came in the bldg. as whatever Rodgers says? goes no questions or dissent tolerated.
    We would have been far better off with Carr but that's a moot point now. We're stuck with Rodgers, his buddies, a neutered HC and a fawning GM/Owner. Fcked up way to run a franchise but these are the New York Jets we're talking about.. Can't wait for Zach's 3 year extension which I have a bad feeling is coming in '24.

#28 Cman68, Nov 18, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2023
  9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Hackett is the ultimate hack job. Sean Payton nailed it when he lambasted him before the season.

Who would've thought when we got Rodgers that he would set this franchise back instead of moving it forward? His mere presence and the associated behind the scenes BS that comes with him have sure done so.

This is like Jaws 3 or Rocky 6. Just throw it in the garbage and start over.

James Hasty likes this.
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Rodgers walked into the building, shook hands with the top level of Jets brass and realized he was the only real alpha type in the room. That word gets thrown around a lot, but you see during adversity that it's utter horseshit where this team is concerned.

When Saleh has no answers, he shrivels up like Kermit the Frog during an awkward moment. Douglas tries to pull his head into his body like a turtle, that's what he reminded me of during that much talked about moment on 1JD when he 'predicted" to whom the Pats were trading the 14 pick. He looked sick to me. These guys don't give me an alpha read at all.

James Hasty, HomeoftheJets and Cman68 like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Thomas Jones used to run up the middle all on his own often, but Breece Hall is not built like Guns and they are drastically different players. Same #. Funny.

^What I tried to find was an old brutal stiff arm by Jones, but I couldn't come up with it. Still fun. As a matter of fact, I have a friend who used to call Thomas Jones a panty sniffer because of how he also ran into a bunch linemen often enough as a consequence of running up the middle. You had to be there I guess. o_O

Anyway, this is a sure way to cut Hall's career shorter than it needs to be, seeing as RBs careers are short enough as it is.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  12. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Thomas Jones and Hall are polar opposites. I think Jones had only one of two big gain runs of 50 plus yards his entire Jet tenure.

He was a solid back for us still.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Thomas Two Yards!

14. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Because he was a panty sniffer who ran up the middle? o_O

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I guess you had to be there.

16. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

Worst OC in the league, perhaps in league history. Why does he keep calling drop back passes when the line can't block? It is absolutely inexplicable.

17. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Nothing gets me madder than 5 wide sets from Hackett. Fucking clown is running them 1st and goal from the 9... Whhyyyy!?!? How do you not keep the threat of a run in a possible run situation alive there??

jjt4201 likes this.
  18. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

No OC would look good with Wilson at QB, and add in how bad the O-line is and we will be trash no matter who is calling the plays. If Rodgers is coming back in 2024, then Hackett is going no where. Blame the HC and GM for drafting a DE we didn't need when we could of had a LT in the 1st round.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

You can’t go this long without a MOTHERFUCKING TOUCHDOWN. Or a fucking third down conversion. IT’s the fucking NFL. You have to fire the coordinator tomorrow.

20. JerzyJet

JerzyJet Member

Dear Woody,

You can try, try, and try to polish a turd, but IT IS STILL A PIECE OF SHIT. Unless you want to extend your 13 year ass clowns of the NFL title, you need to clean house..........