The biggest offensive disaster in NFL history

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jetsfansince95, Nov 12, 2023.

1. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

you should be knighted for that kind of selfless act! :)

2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I stopped watching at about halftime

Oconnel from Raiders in his 2nd f*cking game was the difference because he was a more accurate passer in Red Zone
    That said .I just woke up and have not checked Z Wilson’s stats and our kid played decent ( for ZW) lol
    Zach is on Raider QB level and was drafted higher with 2 1/2, years more experience..just feh

3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I blame Rodgers to a certain extent. He didn’t really have a lot of option. They didn’t need to cave to his every whim. I mean to look at what Hackett did with Denver and say yeah let’s make him our OC is just malfeasance. Signing Tim Boyle? What was the reason? Our approach to the WR position seemed about pleasing him too. I honestly been really irritated with the makeup of this team since the AR pursuit. A side from that signing an almost 40 yr old QB in a pretty violent sport that’s very susceptible to injury and not bringing in a serviceable QB was just a dereliction of duty. This team was poorly constructed.

papapump, JetsNation06, ouchy and 5 others like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I was thinking the exact same thing! They went waay overboard (and still are) trying to please Kal EL. Hackett shouldn't be in the league let alone our OC but he is and that's because of Rodgers. Ditto for the other 3 guys AR brought with him. They all suck. Honestly, I can't see any good coming from this adventure now or when Rodgers returns. We'll still have Hackett as OC, Saleh as HC and JD as GM.

5. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am so ready to like your Post CMan but even as a Darksider I cant snuff out all the light.. sigh

And that light is AR who is willing to risk permanent injury, wheelchair , cane etc to stand behind JDs shitass Offensive line come December

Of course that talk is maybe meaningless is we cant win another game

And as I posted earlier that may not even happen >>>No more with Zach folks

tomdeb likes this.
  6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He finally had time to learn his teammates' names!

ouchy and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  7. Cman68

Are you sure that statement wasn't just for inspirational/PSA purposes? Rodgers' ego probably is as big as Texas but logically, it makes no sense to risk serious injury to play for a team going nowhere already out of the post season sweepstakes. Factor in that oline and I think Rodgers already knows he's not coming back this season. He can see what we all see. He knows he'll just be injured again playing behind this group of posers. I'm pissed at him because everything he's touched since becoming a Jet has turned to shit. Hackett? His favorite OC of whom never a discouraging word be spoken absolutely SUCKS. His BFF Cobb sucks so bad he's become the weekly healthy scratch aka: the WR of last resort on the roster. Lazard? Just flat out sucks and I highly doubt Rodgers would trust his health to Turner protecting him.

#107 Cman68, Nov 13, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2023
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Over the last 2 games, the Jets have 18 points and 17 penalties.

9. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

Shocking well not really

10. Cman68

Gotta love the balance..

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We're almost there... :p

stinkyB likes this.
  12. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Wilson looked decent for quite a bit. But the interception was just plain bad.

Offense overall is just so apathetic. GW, BH, and DC were the only ones who looked like they tried all game. If Conklin played like that every game, he'd be off the shit list.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Pepperidge Farm remembers when some posters were saying that we couldn't bring in a new QB because he would need weeks to learn the system.

Ralebird and JetFanInPA like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The funniest part is the touchdown was a dump off to Breece Hall who ran 50 yards for the score. And the touchdown before that was the Eagles letting us score on purpose to get the ball back. I don't even remember the last non-fluky touchdown we had.

stinkyB likes this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Dobbs is being treated like a hero in Minn. Can you imagine the look on Rodgers face if that was happening here instead. Its only a matter of time before we meet the real Aaron Rodgers.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

PFF grades are out. Entire right side and C rated below 50, two of them below 44. Becton 58, Laken 70. Right side didn't exist. As a team were were ranked 29th in pass pro before this game, now after we went down to 30. This is not average, no matter how you slice it. It is bottom 3. PFF confirmed what I said last night. We definitely have a lot of problems, starting with OC and QB, but OLine is absolutely one of them.

Acad23 likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you have to go back to October 1st (vs. KC), over 1 month and 5 games ago, to find the last Jets sustained drive that ended in a touchdown.

HomeoftheJets and REVISion like this.
  18. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I just don't understand it. 20 fucking years and we still can't do better than the worst offense in the league virtually every year. It's become unwatchable. Every good play they make gets negated by boneheaded penalties. Every time they get into the red zone they just completely stall out, even with a 1st and goal from the 3. It's beyond pathetic.

The refs are clearly against the Jets as well. Funny how there were non stop penalties in the first half, then magically nothing in the 2nd. Somebody obviously called them and told them they were ruining the prime time ratings. Saleh called the time out with 20 seconds left, but it wasn't even acknowledged by the refs. It's pathetic. Jets can only over come so much.

Zach is trying but failing. Even on the good plays, he is barely even on target and Garett has to make a circus catch because his accuracy is abysmal. I feel for Garrett because he's doing everything he can, but chances are this dude is demanding a trade at the end of the year and we're back to the basement with no hope at all.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't get this crusade to pin the entirety of the blame on one person.

Is Wilson bad and the main problem? Of course, but that's an oversimplification. We are setting records for offensive ineptitude this year. That means MANY things are going wrong. The OL is subpar, the receivers are subpar, the OC is horrible. Our TEs are subpar and the one we play the most has a penchant for horrendously timed penalties.

I really can't for the life of me figure out why we didn't take a WR in the first round this year. It was baffling at the time and it's 10x as baffling now.

Borat likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The run blocking was bad yesterday but I think the protection was fine. Becton got blown by a couple times but Wilson wasn’t under duress for most of his drop backs.

Centiment and stinkyB like this.