Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

notice how he never deals with real facts about his golden boy or the fact he was a NMMED STARTER by the HC. He just postulates his baloney and unfortunately, believes it. Seems to me to be more of a troll and a fan... just saying.

papapump likes this.
  2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Boy we screwed this up. We had arguably best backup in football and we didn’t sign him for this guy.

Terrible terrible gm move. Almost has as bad as not trading the #2. which makes it even worse.

Centiment likes this.
  3. Centiment

Centiment Well-Known Member

All this best 5 stuff isnt really logical if they all play out of there "best" position, it's a recipie for disaster, which is pretty much where the O-line is right now

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  4. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah IDK it's becoming a strange situation. I can't see how Zach playing at a terrible level is helping anyone in the front office. Even if your belief is JD wants him to play bc he picked him how does Zach playing garbage for 3 seasons help JD keep his job??
    I just don't get what's happening here

HomeoftheJets and Since1969 like this.
  5. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

JetsNation06 and Ralebird like this.
  6. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

He's right. I will say it again and I've said it here many times since the offseason. There is not one Jets coach or Front office person in the organization who understands evaluating and developing QB's, not even a little. This is what happens when you are clueless about the most important position on the team.

And to not have a backup plan for Rodgers whether it was his own ego or Douglas' pride and not being able to admit he fucked up with the Zach pick? Well either scenario is a fireable offense for the guy calling the shots.

Looking squarely at you Joe Douglas. No more hiding dude. This shit all started when you picked Wilson and 3 years later we're in this big bowl of shit because Douglas hasn't admitted he fucked up and built a backup plan at the most important position on the field.

No excuses. He had sooo much time to come up with a backup plan A, B, C, D and F. He had no backup plan. Put all his eggs in a 40 year old QB's basket.

That's the height of arrogance, laziness and just not having a fucking clue about the QB position.

Joe must go.

papapump, IDFjet, ouchy and 2 others like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Guys come on, I know Zach hasn't exactly been a success story, but the fans here seem to greatly overestimate Mike White. Best back up in football? Please. We could have had Wentz for minimum, who is better than Mike White and all our back-up QBs too. Mike played two years here and each year in spite of all heroics he ended up with about 75 passer rating and more INTs than TDs, and getting injured a lot. Now, big reason why that is, is because of the OLine, which can't protect.

Mike is a statue who needs protection. He does have a good processor, but cannot move and has no pocket awareness. Mike is effective when he ignores the pass rush and just looks at reads. He will hit a few, but eventually will get hit extremely hard, and ultimately will get hurt and/or starts paying attention to protection and will stop being effective. If JD built a good OLine, I actually think he could do well. But JD built another shit line. Why do you think White would do any better than last year in aggregate (75 passer rating, more INTs than TDs, no yards on the ground), if the OLine is just as bad, and we have worse WR room? I mean we have seen this movie play out already for two years with literally identical result statistically. Btw, Zach right now has exact same QB rating that Mike had for two years here: 75.

And this is not to say Zach is good or better. This is to say Mike White with this OLine is a dead man standing. Not the best back-up in football.

#287 Borat, Nov 10, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2023
    NY Jets68 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Now that we have beaten OLine and QB to death (and will continue beating it I am sure), I just wanted to point out to the failure at WR.
    Look at last year: GW, Davis, Moore, Berrios.
    Look at this year: GW, Lazard, Cobb, Gipson.

WR room could have been improved from last year, but instead it was quite significantly downgraded. And yes, I know Davis retired late, though the Jets knew several weeks in advance when he stopped attending practices, but still, NOTHING could have been done to get any sort of upgrade? There was still some time in the offseason and then before trading deadline. This is where I have a problem with JD. Just lack of aggressiveness in a year where we had amazing defense, and should really be going all in. 12 years no post-season. Just no sense of urgency whatsoever.

york61, JetsNation06 and ouchy like this.
  9. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We did have Hardman but nobody, including our OC, seemed to know why.

Its just so Jetsy.

papapump and Borat like this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

he's not my golden boy lol. you can't even get an argument straight. I said he still sucks. he just sucks less then the other options. facts about 2 years ago aren't relevant today. 2 years ago cook was a stud. he sucks now. those "facts and stats" are why people wanted cook when I said he's declining the past 2 years and likely washed. turns out my "eyes" were right and the "facts and stats" were wrong on cook

11. GasedAndConfused

except it did work until people got hurt. the line was solid those couple of games with the "best 5"

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Your saying the line worked against Buffalo, Dallas, and NE? Everyone knew all offseason our line was suspect and severely lacked depth.

I think your issue is you have a JD and Zach bias.

Centiment likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, I mean signing a guy who is not used at all. It just seems like JD while did well with defense, missed a lot this season when it came to offense. A LOT. The results are obvious, and not just this season. In 4 years here JD's offense in points is ranked: 32, 29, 28, 30. The only constant is JD, it's not even Zach, Saleh, or Hack. And yet there are people defending him no matter what. But if you take Jets green colored glasses off, objectively, how else can this be perceived aside from utter failure? Even if you give a pass for the first 3 years, you gotta draw the line somewhere.

And I draw the line this year, because JD already knew we have a shot because of defense, which to his credit he built. But he knew where we were. Our best players are under contract. He knew what holes to plug. And missed each time, then wasn't aggressive at all to try to rectify this even a little bit. It's just very disheartening to see.

Centiment and ouchy like this.
  14. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

I disagree White is a dead man with this OLine. Zach is an even worse statue at this moment.

White took one hard hit from Milano and everyone claims this stuff. That was a fluke tough as nails shot to take as a QB. Zach could never come back from. He took that soft hit in the Bills game last year and acted like he broke his leg. Then came back into the game like oh it wasn’t that bad.

Mike White just needed rib guards.

15. GasedAndConfused

no i'm saying they worked against KC, Den, and philly

ouchy likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Agreed he needs rib guards :). But, it was not just one hit, he was pummeled constantly. Here is a reminder. Also, after you already got hit and hurt like that, it is much easier to remind. One more hit like this, and Mike will be the same guy you saw in his last game of the season for the Jets. And the hit will come sooner than later. Look, I don't want to shit on the guy, I like Mike, and with a better OLine I will agree with you, but not with what we have today. 75 rating for two years, this is what we can count on until he gets busted up again. Not good enough given current OLine.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The McDonald pick was just too cute. Why use a first on our deepest position group when the o-line was highly suspect and we just signed an expensive FA QB? When you go all in you draft for need, not the future. For that matter, who drafts pick 15 for the future?

Borat likes this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The things is, people say McD is for the future, but we already had JFM, JJ, Huff, and Clemons, all young. Retain Huff, which should be done regardless, and there is 4 young guys there under contract for multiple years. This is even less pick for the future than OLine or WR, as we have fewer good guys there under contract for multiple years. And certainly for the present. So, it's not like he picked for the future as compared to other positions or selected some top rated player who fell, like Jalen Carter. It's the opposite: he actually reached with this pick. This was befuddling decision no matter how you look at it, and can turn out to be even worse if McD's selection causes to lose Huff.

ouchy likes this.
  19. GasedAndConfused

I agree the offense is pitiful but he took over a team that was pitiful on offense and defense. and had no talent. only 1 player remains from before he got here (Q who he extended) and the defense be built an elite unit for his defensive HC. the offense still needs work obviously but you can't shit on him for the offense without being fair and giving him credit for the defense at the same time. he's also added quite some talent to the offense. AVT was a great pick, becton seemed to be a great pick until the injuries. CMG was a great signing. conklin was a great signing. Breece and GW were excellent draft picks. MC was a good value pick. Davis was a good signing.

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Nico Collins (starter), Jimmie Ward (starter), Dameon Pierce (starter), Henry To’oTo’o (starter) have all been ruled out so far. So have Fairbarn (kicker) and Andrew Beck (FB) but I’ll pass over them as any sort of pre-game impact due to their position.

Steven Nelson (starter) also did not practice today and is trending towards out.