Saleh Interview - TMKS

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 8, 2023.

1. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Same stupid bullshit narrative we got with Sanchez when it was clear he was shot.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the difference is JD knew wilson wasn't it after 2 years and went and traded for rodgers. it just sucks rodgers got hurt

3. The_Darksider

THE JETS have won 4 of 8 games this year. Zach gets a participation trophy due to being there, but "Zach" hasn't won shizz.

4. GasedAndConfused

you should have read further down before replying to this one :)

The_Darksider likes this.
  5. The_Darksider

Here you go twisting yourself into a pretzel again. Is there that much of a difference between "Zach won 4 of 8 games" and "he's won 50%of his games this year"?

I know I'm not a statistician but if I remember what little education I did get correctly, 4 of 8 and 50% are close enough to be negligible.

6. The_Darksider

Yeah I agree but based on that logic they'd look to replace him after the last couple of weeks where he's done NOTHING to get them into the end zone and has clearly regressed in the pocket.

It's a bit contradictory. It makes no sense.

7. The_Darksider

I'm not very forum savvy anymore, I'm too used to Facebook lol I just go form the list and answer them as they come up.

8. GasedAndConfused

i'm not using that as an argument. I don't think your understanding what i'm explaining here

9. GasedAndConfused

lol no worries.

Basically in the end I said that zach didn't win us the 4 games which is easy to see by the eye test but how I could twist "stats" to prove a fake point if I wanted to which is why stats aren't reliable.
    most people have a preconceived notion and then search for something that proves them right instead of just watching the games and discussing what they see

10. GasedAndConfused

there really isn't any replacements. you also have to account for rodgers playing in 2024 and wanting all the cap room and picks we can get for that year.

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

But I did watch it. If I jumbled the order of things, my bad, but I don't think it changes anything.

Look I do give you credit for sticking to your guns here, if nothing else. But I'm not even sure what your argument is anymore. Something like, Yes Zach is terrible but he is slightly less terrible than he was last year and slightly less terrible than the third and practice squad QB and he is only 90% of the problem on offense, not 100%...? I mean, ok, if that's the hill you want to die on I'll grant you that.

I still think Simien deserves a shot and don't understand why the coaching staff isn't giving him a try at this point.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I admit I didn't listen to the interview because I'm still too annoyed to sit through the spin on the suck. All I heard on the radio today was Coach Saleh was "taking the 5th" about whose decision it was and is to keep Zach Wilson in as the starter, that he's "not a conspiracy theorist", and "everyone is on the same page". I don't even know what that means.

papapump and sozopol like this.
  13. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Saleh, started choking on his words, and said he pleads the fifth , that tells me , someone above is making the call, weather it be Douglas or someone else, maybe I got Saleh all wrong, he also said the offense has been bad the last 3 years, whos been here the last 3 years, in reality the Jets offense has been horrific for a long time, last five years, 16 games without a TD.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  14. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

You really like to argue with people, don't ya, with this Zach Wilson thing, its borderline ridiculous , Stevie Wonder could see how dreadful and incompetent Wilson is, to each there own.

Centiment and papapump like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Zach was made a back-up for a reason... and we are seeing why each week.

The blame is squarely on Joe Douglas for not bringing in an experienced vet with some qb chops the day after
    Rodgers went down.

Back-ups shouldn't be the starter for 16 weeks... ;)

Centiment, Jets79, papapump and 3 others like this.
  16. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Trevor Siemian gets flippantly dismissed as junk sometimes and he definitely is no all time NFL great or anything but he's put together some pretty respectable performances over the years. He's also had games with results that Zach Wilson has never even approached on his best day. Multiple times he's thrown for over 300 yards, multiple times he's thrown 4 TD's in one game. He's done more in this league than Wilson has and isn't exactly an old man at 30 years old.

I guess I'd just have to see with my own eyes that he's a worse option than Zach Wilson is. I think there is an excellent chance he could lead us to something more than 2 field goal attempts. And that would represent progress.

Also its almost amusing that any discussion of Wilson being replaced is just assumed to be Siemian. It kind of makes me wonder what Boylent Green thinks about those questions and also what exactly the point of having him on the roster is.

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Especially leaning on wins and loses as a QB stat.

BrowningNagle and papapump like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

it changes a lot. I 1st heard the clip of him stumbling and yeah it sounded bad. then I watched the whole thing and it didn't. context matters. he was asked the same question a ton of times. MK did a shit job on it. he was trying to bait him into a clickbait clip he could use and in a sense it worked but it's shitty interviewing. unfortunately thats what works these days when clicks = money.

and if you think he is even remotely close to as bad as siamian or boyle you are way off. this is literally the whole streveler thing from last year, when zach was really awful and streveler was even worse lol

19. GasedAndConfused

I just make comments. people like arguing with me because they are emotional over rational.

20. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Nope, now you're gaslighting me. Or maybe you haven't actually watched the whole thing? MK did a fine job, he asked him why he wasn't making a change since Zach was incompetent, RS was very awkward, dancing around the question, MK followed up in response saying ZW was the one constant across the few years of suck, why not give one of the other QBs a shot, and RS got even more awkward, pleaded the 5th, etc. It was totally weird and baffling and for some reason you're the only one not seeing. Or, you're gaslighting. Either way I'm out, there's nothing else to say here.