Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Whoever it is, its not just Saleh's call and he made that clear. I'm not sure how common it is for the HC to not have complete decision making in who to play. My opinion is that he should.

westiedog1 likes this.
  2. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

That’s because it’s nonsense. The only person with any incentive to force Zach as a starter is the person who refused to bring in any kind of competition for Zach when Rodgers went down.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

5. Jonathan_Vilma

8 starters didn’t practice. 7 starters with limited or full practices.

6. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Let’s see how many of the starters don’t actually play Sunday

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Sounds good.

8. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I have to disagree. I think ZW is 100% being forced on this coaching staff at this point. As much as Saleh and his over the top cheerleader style nags at me, NO self respecting coach CONTINUES down this path unless his hand has been forced. The fact that Siemian is not getting the nod this week is all I needed to see. That was enforced when this team did absolutely NOTHING at the QB position up to and now after the trade deadline. The Rams just put Wentz on their practice squad. No amount of trade deadline impacts that. There are one or two other QB's, still on the street, that I would take over ZW. Hell, at this point, I'd take Colin Kaepernick over ZW and it wouldn't require a second thought!!!!!!

9. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

It's ridiculous that there is no "journalist" who cares to investigate the reality of the decision making structure. Typically you wouldn't need to investigate this (for example, Rams, 49'ers, Raiders) but here and now its gone too far. What the F is going on?

10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Michael Kay tried with Saleh. I think getting him to "plead the 5th" was about as far as anyone has been able to go with this team

mezzavo, REVISion and IDFjet like this.
  11. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

If this team collapses does Saleh lose his job or will he get a pass because of Rodgers?

12. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It looked competent at times. Last year to be fair we had a better WR situation with Corey Davis, Moore and even sucking Berrios being better than crap we have now. Zach was awful - no question. He was worse than PS level. Still, remember Mike White getting crushed behind this OLine? How he came back and actually started paying attention to pressure and what happened to Mike White? How Flacco and White looked at the end of the season behind this OLIne? Well now we have the same level Oline and worse WRs.

I would expect similar result as Mike White and Flacco at the end of the last year if they were playing now. Why would you think otherwise? OLine sucks like end of last year and WRs are worse. With that said, trying Simien is not a terrible idea either. My point is that with this OLine and poor WR group beyond GW, JD just fucked up the offense construction far beyond just the QB. With Rodgers it would have been better, but because he fucked up OLine and ORdgers got hurt right away, it's a hypothetical point now.

13. BrowningNagle

I'm not saying it is right but I think everyone top to bottom in the organization is gonna get a pass from Woody on 2023. I think everyone will be back

Jets79 likes this.
  14. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Yeah I feel the same way. It would have to be a complete and utter shit show these next 7 games for anything to change. Rodgers has that much power apparently.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

tipp didn't replace CMG lol. CMG is hurt. and no newman was not better. not to mention his bad snap. tipp came in to replace brown. AVT slid to RT, becton to LT, and tipp moved to RG. the line was good for those 2 games until more injuries came in.

you aren't being close to realistic or reasonable right now

16. Jonathan_Vilma

The snap is not on Newman if you’re referring to the fumbled exchange under center against the Giants. Every QB coach or offensive coordinator in the world will tell you that it’s on the QB to secure a snap from under center if the ball gets there (which is did).

With that in mind, I’m not entirely blaming Wilson since it’s the 3rd guy he took snaps from in like 10 plays. But it’s not a bad snap.

17. BrowningNagle

They put him under center to avoid a fumbled snap and he did it anyway. In retrospect they shoulda probably just went shotgun

18. GasedAndConfused

and thats fair, but it wasn't a good snap, but to be fair it was his 1st snap all season in a live game. I'm not shitting on the guy for it, or zach really. it was just another unlucky situation due to injuries.

19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I know exactly what happened, but you missed the point. The oline was thin of good players to begin with. When one of these players wasn't in the line-up (Tipp) we sucked. When one of shit players (Duane) was replaced with a good one (Tipp), line was decent. When another one of good players (AVT) was hurt, the line sucked again. This has nothing to do with CMG and Wes, both of whom stunk, being hurt. It has to do with not having enough decent players on the Oline to begin with.

We now have to hope scrubs step-up or somehow Brown finds a fountain of youth. All while a decent starting caliber player was available on the cheap but JD after fucking up to build the line in the offseason, wasn't aggressive to improve before deadline. Credit where credit is due with defense, but let's be fair too. He failed with the Oline. You are trying to find excuse for inexcusable.

20. GasedAndConfused

rest days. most of the players haven't missed time. they also haven't lost stroud who's been a stud at QB as a rookie. woods (WR3) is the only one there missing time really. they didn't suffer 4 injuries to the same spot on the o-line.