Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

no team really has tons of options at backup QB. hell some teams don't even have a decent starter. there isn't enough talent in the pool out there. we are also committed on zach contract and the roster limits. most teams only have 2 Qbs on the roster
    wentz is a cancer we would never bring him in. foles is beyond washed

Jets79 likes this.
  2. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

True on the talent pool…there are only 32 starting QB positions in the world and there are not 32 people in the world who are good at it! Crazy.

That being said, I’m no Wentz fan…I’d probably have preferred to bring in Foles…he’s not a starter but he may be able to channel something for a few games, I don’t know. I’d say it this way, I’d prefer having him as #2 instead of Boyle, and letting Zach start and brining in Foles at halftime if we have this kind of shit performance just to see if he can get a spark. Maybe he couldn’t … for sure we have lots of issues on OL and WR so who knows.

The only good thing about this year with Zach is if it finally puts this whole thing to bed. Still plenty of games left for him to show he belongs on a roster, but if the rest of the season goes like this has gone, I’d look to move on from him next year.

3. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

There's no way you can know this so its ridiculous for you to say it. Accept a sure loss rather than try something different? WTF man?!? You can always bring ZW back in,

Ralebird likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

I'd rather run siamian over boyle but siamian is on the PS IIRC and boyle is QB2 on game days

5. GasedAndConfused

how can I not? I know the jets would do worse with me at QB. They would do worse with you at QB. even though zach is bad when compared to other NFL starting QBs he's still better then people sitting on their couch right now

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

24-50 as a GM but he's an A+ to some people:rolleyes::rolleyes:

7. GasedAndConfused

kinda happens when you lose your starting QB 3 snaps into the season as well as half your o-line

8. dawinner127

yeah dude b/c scoring 8 touchdowns in 8 games (4 on one play drives) is really acceptable when all of the rules favor offensive scoring. the nfl is begging teams to score and yet we can't even fall into the endzone unless our superstars do something special.

stop with the excuses already. the entire offensive side of the ball sucks. the one constant for 2.5 years? the qb.

REVISion and Since1969 like this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

I never said it was acceptable

10. dawinner127

[​IMG]

Keep trotting out zach!!!! They told us 4 times already they didn't want zach but they were willing to ride with him god forbid something happened to AR8. So beyond dumb.

11. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

If you think our backups are as qualified as you and me, then you should be first in line calling for JD dismissal.

I think their floor is the same as with ZW--he's a 6 points a game qb with added turnovers.

12. GasedAndConfused

he's only thrown 1 INT in the last 5 games. boyle can certainly come in and throw 3-4 a game hence worse. he's only got to start 3 games in his career and he threw 6 INTs in those 3 games. last thing we need is a QB throwing INTs.
    we lost because we lost the turnover battle. I counted 3 possible turnovers we could have created (the 2 fumbles we missed and a dropped INT) they forced 3 turnovers on us.

13. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say complete fail. The team has more talent than it has in years, and Joe Douglas is to thank for that. He recognized that Zach was a lost cause, and brought in Rodgers. He gets that credit.

Having said that, the QB room post signing Rodgers has been Joe Douglas biggest failure in my opinion. You decided multiple times last year Zach is not a starting QB in this league. To go in with Zach as the backup was a mistake. To not sign or trade for some sort of journeyman after Rodgers injury was a massive mistake.

I'm not in the fire JD camp just yet. I don't want to reset everything with some teams random director of scouting. If a proven GM becomes available, I'd be OK letting Douglas go.

14. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

Happy to see Joe D finally getting the heat, after being the "Savior" for so long

Joe D has been the beneficiary of being compared to the previous GMs, Mike Maccagnan & Idzik and how much talent this team has compared to those teams.

At the end of the day all he has done is lose.

If the Jets don't make the playoffs, I really hope Woody makes a move and cleans house.

15. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

He should, but he won't. Unless he's been blowing smoke about really liking Douglas and Saleh, Rodgers will want them back, and whatever Rodgers wants, he'll get from Jets ownership.

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

They all fucking suck. Tipp already replaced CMG as a starter anyway. CMG at this point of his career is not even a good back-up. Some guy named Newman they met on the the way to Metlife, played at the replacement level for CMG, not much worse. Wes has been awful in every single game he played this year, including preseason. These are pathetic scrubs. We have only 4 players who are starter/decent back-up quality: Becton, AVT, Tipp, and Laken (he is the back-up level, quickly reaching CMG territory, but not there yet). When these 4 guys were on the field, in spite of CMG we were OK. When one of them went down, exactly like last year (AVT) or didn't play (Tipp in Game 1/2) we stunk. The other guys are terrible and are interchangeable PS level players.

It's not that hard to see the obvious: JD fucked up the OLine again. Got 3 starters and 1 back-up, the rest PS quality, so let's not be shocked when one starter went out, the line is atrocious. Then he could actually get a replacement starter for a 6th round pick and change but failed to be even a little bit aggressive. We haven't made play-offs in 12 years and have a great defense, which can help break this streak. Late round pick trades could provide great help this year without giving up a farm to improve the line with a starting level player, and JD sits on his ass and does nothing. I just don't get it.

#216 Borat, Nov 8, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2023
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach hasn't been one constant. Not excusing him at all, but even aside from QB, OLine has been trash throughout JD's entire stay here. That makes a big difference. WRs haven't really been good either. Remember what Sam had to deal with? Perriman as WR1 and no Oline. No TEs either for Sam. In general JD did a very poor job on the offensive side of the ball year after year.

18. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

We had a perfectly capable back up in Mike White. Zach was #3 and should have shelved for the entire year.

Would have cost us less money we’re paying Lawson not to play.

19. dawinner127

Mike White, Josh Johnson, and Joe Flacco have made the offense look competent with those issues. The moment zach is back behind center it goes to shit again.

westiedog1 likes this.
  20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Woody is dumb but I don't think he's this dumb. Not like Zach is some huge star or fan favorite selling tickets. What exactly is his incentive to force them to keep running them out there? Not to mention they benched him last year.