Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I just listened to it. sounds like you are reaching. coaching always has final say on the players who are on the field. It sounds more likely to me he wanted to avoid saying "yeah zach sucks but siemian sucks more"
    Last time simian was here he lasted 6 snaps before being knocked out for the season. he was out of the NFL since last year and hasn't won a game in 4 years only getting 6 chances to start.

he's outplayed what was expected of him for sure and has made a good career of being a backup but there is a reason he couldn't hold onto a starting job that he had giftwrapped to him.

2. GasedAndConfused

and yet white is a backup on miami and had no trade interest. he couldn't stay healthy behind our o-line and his last game starting was pretty bad. there was very little market for him in the offseason. nobody offered him a starting job and nobody wanted to trade for him before the deadline.

I seen the clip above, Haven't watched the whole presser yet.

3. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

That's the point. No one wanted White, yet he's better than what the Jets are rolling out each week. But let's keep rolling Zach out there and hope that someday, somehow, the light comes on.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  4. GasedAndConfused

thats your opinion and nothing will change that so IDK why i bother.

5. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I don't know why you bother either. You're trying to convince me that I'm not seeing what I'm seeing, but that isn't going to happen.
    I haven't had a whole lot to say about Zach up until now, but he's been objectively bad and there's no amount of spin that will convince me that he's an NFL quarterback.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You eat a lot of acid Miller, back in the hippy days?

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not saying you’re right or wrong about his ability but he’s one of the higher paid backups in the league and why would Miami want to deal him with an injury prone (concussion-prone) Tua? That wouldn’t make much sense for a division leading team.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well let’s see…in the past, we’ve had people say that we should ignore all the drops and then recompute Zach’s completion rate because, you know, those aren’t his fault. And we’ve also heard the talk track that well MLF was just a terrible OC and a first time OC and he didn’t know how to play to Zach’s strengths that he showed in college when he had that one year at BYU during COVID when the toughest team they played was Coastal Carolina…so yeah, let’s just throw out those first two years because they shouldn’t matter. And then lets see, he’s had shit OL play unlike all the other QBs who all seem to have so much better OL play, but we’re not quite sure how to adjust his stats for that…so maybe we should just look at the throws he made in under 2.2 seconds and look at THAT completion rate. Or let’s see, the first two years he had shit receivers so we can’t really count those either. Or hey, let’s not even look at ANY stats because, you know, they don’t really matter because (a) there aren’t enough games in a season to be meaningful, or (b) each QB plays different teams so you can’t really compare stats because they aren’t apples to apples.

The list of panty-twisting and eye squinting that some people go through to try and paint Zach in a better picture is crazy to me.

What I don’t understand is why.

None of us drafted the kid. Some liked the pick at the time, some didn’t. So what? JD made the pick, not any of us. He’s here now and since we all purport to be Jets fans here, I feel pretty good in saying that we would all LOVE to see him ball out and do great and lead us to wins. I think most if not all of us would be totally fine and happy to say at the end of a great year from him something like “man…I was wrong!”

This “hater” label is so wrong…if we are all Jets fans, we should all want him to do well and lead us to wins. None of us here know him personally (making an assumption here) so we have no reason to hate the kid…we just watch games and when he plays well we’d be happy and when he doesn’t we call that out.

But I truly don’t understand the need to keep making excuses and twisting the facts around to dispute what is so clearly obvious to anyone who just watches the games. He sucks. Our offense looks like shit out there week in week out, we have trouble sustaining drives, we suck on third downs, we suck in the red zone, we suck at scoring points, and on and on. And as the QB, he has the biggest influence on that.

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The one where he had 5+ broken ribs? :confused:

10. GasedAndConfused

not trying to convince anyone of anything. think what you want, i'll think what I want.

I'll just say I come to a forum for a discussion. and the issue is when I try to have one, agree or disagree doesn't really matter, but at least add to the discussion with tangible remarks of what you see. not quoting numbers or drive by "x player is shit because I said so" I gave a whole list of reasons of what I seen on why I think zach improved and not a single person was able to use that to discuss anything

11. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

Ma'am this is a Wendy's... ...were you going to order something, or

Kidding, sorry, I couldn't resist. :) But honestly thanks for sharing your particular version of the everlasting sob story we all live with. Emotional divestment is a good option at this point, for this season. I did it during the Gase years. Didn't think I could, but then it just naturally sort of happened and I let it. Maybe when you get over 50 you are just don't have any more fucks to give for nonsense like this.

12. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

What you are missing is the team will NOT get better with him as the starting QB.

Yes. It’s not all his fault.
    Yes. he’s improving. slowly.

…but he’s improving so slow we can’t wait for him to hopefully figure it out. And likely he never will be more than a marginal starter. It’s not fair to him or the team.

We’re at the same point last year, but a better defense and no QB options with the AFC East there for the taking.

13. GasedAndConfused

thats pretty fair too but still being a good backup (which he is, he can spot duty just fine) is a long way from having to start 16 games. Personally even with that stacked offense if tua went down this weekend, I don't think white leads them to the playoffs or lasts all 8 games left

14. GasedAndConfused

because he can't stay healthy which is kind of important for a starting QB. as much as eli was mostly mid his career, you have to give him credit for his durability and his great runs in the playoffs.

15. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

“I don’t know…you got me I’m going to plead the fifth” tells you all you need to know about where the decision is being made about playing Zach. It’s coming from above.

REVISion likes this.
  16. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Don't watch. I'm still addicted enough to check in at 5 min intervals...always assume the opponent has scored twice... defo limits agita

JohnnyJet likes this.
  17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Woody is cardboard. Saleh ok for me. Keep as DC. Vaynerchuk come save us!

18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I don't think this is a fair excuse for JD building terrible lines year after year for 4 years now. In fact the line is missing only one good player: AVT. The same guy who was out for the season last year. Tipp was supposed to be a starter at C by the bye week anyway. CMG, who sucked this year, was supposed to be a back-up C at this stage regardless. And Duane was as bad as Billy Turner anyway. Max, who is primary back-up, stepped in for AVT - that's it. That's the line that was atrocious last night. Not some decimated unit people make it out to be.

So no, OLine doesn't suck just because of injuries. It sucks because JD built a poor OLine with poor depth. AVT is out just like last year, this cannot be a massive surprise, because it already happened last year. One of the top back-ups JD drafted came in. And the line stunk. We can't use Newman now as an excuse. All of the guys that played and stunk are the starters or top back-up (for the one good guy was out last year too) for the line that JD put together.

#178 Borat, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    JohnnyJet likes this.
  19. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Took Rams ONE GAME with subpar QB play to go get Wentz

20. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

"Who are you going to believe, me or your own eyes?"............Groucho Marx