Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

why are you quoting stats? you already know how I feel about that

2. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

look at the improvement:
    except Zach is the worst QB in football THIS YEAR as well.

Shall I show you the numbers? He has not improved whatsoever. His numbers this season are directly in line with his pathetic career stats.

He HAS NOT IMPROVED. Saying so should be an automatic banning from this site bc it is gaslighting bullshit.

SOJAZ and jets_fan like this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We can't just discount stats entirely. Your whole thing is context, which I get, but that only applies to small sample sizes where stats can be misleading. The extenuating circumstances roughly balance out over a sample size as big as these stats represent.

These are also all-encompassing stats. I'm not singling out Y/A or TDs or INTs or anything. I'm taking them as a whole, as well as sacks etc.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Brissett last season in 4 games - 1024 yds, 6 td, 1 int, 67.7% comp, 108 QBR - but he's not better than Zach? Are you kidding me?
    The whole NFL world knew that Zach wasn't the guy. We hear it every fricking week.
    He's never going to be the guy, starter or backup, but hey, you keep doing you.

5. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

on the OL and holding the ball...

what happened in the 1st 4 snaps of the year has repeated
    no run lanes.
    QB drops back and no one is open. holds the ball. gets sacked or throws it away.

Rodgers wouold likely be having is worst season ever. and can you inagine his ATTITUDE with all the drops?

5 out of 8 games breece averages less than 4 ypc. the homeruns are few and far in between cos the OL is garbage.

JohnnyJet and SOJAZ like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Troy Aikman last night

"I mean, it's hard to look at [the Jets] tonight and say that they're good... I think they're a bad team with a great defense... I didn't see anything tonight that suggests they're a playoff team."

JohnnyJet and jets_fan like this.
  7. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

He’s not wrong

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

And Troy was absolutely on target with that statement.

JohnnyJet likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

lol he's not. have you watched devito? or jones before the injury? or young? or garrapollo?

we have an offense that was tailored to rodgers and we lost him 4 snaps in the season. he was the QB to make up for issues elsewhere. zach can't do that so now we have the downgrade at QB and the other issues rodgers was supposed to mask.

10. GasedAndConfused

it doesn't balance out. it happens every week. the NFL is short. it takes a decade for an NFL team to play as many games as an MLB team.
    I watched watson throw a shit pass into the helmet of a defender only for it to bounce right into coopers hands for a TD.
    I watched herbert throw a shit pass only for allen to make a circus catch and bail him out
    I watched mahomes throw a perfect pass for toney for him to whif and cause a pick 6
    These plays happen all the time. Qbs throw 30ish times a game on average. they don't balance out with that small of a sample size.

fans care about stats. teams when they sign or trade or draft players are watching film, not stats. thomas jones was a JAG RB who had all pro numbers because our o-line was really good. our o-line made JAGs like jones, crowell, jordan, greene look like studs. everything in the NFL is relevant and changes week to week. too many factors.

a prime example is the giants o-line. yeah it's bad. but jones took 11 sacks against seattle. I counted 7 that were his fault and 4 on the o-line. tyrod came in and didn't get sacked nearly as much. sometimes a sack is the o-line sometimes it's the QB sometimes it's the WRs and even then a human has to make that call. there is a reason teams spend millions and millions on scouting departments. if stats meant anything they wouldn't need to. just get the guy with the best stats

11. GasedAndConfused

OMG more stats. 90% of people here would have no discussion without google and PFR

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I was walking around with a vague feeling of nameless dread yesterday afternoon. This is when the Jets always show themselves. No matter the coach, no matter who is under center, no matter what idiotic trades they make, it never changes. So I sat down to the game and said, "Break your own mold, Jets. Show me." I turned off the game with 3:24 left in the half because I KNEW. I went to bed and had angry dreams. I'm not kidding. The dreams mostly played out about a selfish ingrate of a relative of mine who has no moral compass, no empathy, lies, steals, cons, and gaslights. Only not me, because unfortunately I have a life long close up and personal education with narcissists who I didn't choose to associate with. They're all related to me. They all also think they're smarter than everyone else. I'm currently on the receiving end of fckd up twisted ridiculous wrath because I laughed in said ingrate's face and said you ain't fooling nobody with the lights on.

Anyway, the Jets weren't fooling nobody with the lights on, either, only on national TV. Now of course it's just a game, and I keep it in perspective that in the grand scheme of life, it's essentially meaningless. However, on the flipside of that, it's tied to my love for my deceased father and the bond we had over this jackass team. I'm a simple, modest person, I don't ask for much, and I'm deeply grateful and never lose sight of what I have; but, for some reason, I can't get a small slice of happiness with this clown show of an organization. I sometimes forget what year it is when I'm watching a Jets game because it could be any year of my existence since 1971. That was my first Jets game. I'm 59 now, and I'll be dead and buried before this shit ever changes. IF it ever changes, I may add. And that's a big fuggin' if.

I decided as the day wore on today that I am divesting myself of any emotion over what happens for the remainder of the year. If the Jets squeak into the POs by some miracle of a league-wide standings fluke, wake me up only if they find an inventive way to choke instead of just regular, boring choking so they make my disappointment count. PAIN.

ETA: People in my fckd up family, on some days I comfort myself that technically they're NOT related to me. I'm adopted. The Jets aren't biologically related to me, either, so that's something to hang my hat on, I guess. o_O Fck this team. I hate the Jets. I mean it.

sozopol and westiedog1 like this.
  13. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

At what # of games do you think it's fair to analyze someone's stats in the NFL?

JohnnyJet likes this.
  14. Trainer

Don't be an ass. There's not one analyst that thinks Zach is better but you know more than all of them. Sorry dude.

Edit: there's no stat that reflects slow processing speed, inability to read defenses, or calling the wrong protection. That's where the eye test comes in... unless you're blinded by your lack of objectivity.

#154 Trainer, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    JohnnyJet likes this.
  15. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

DING, DING, DING, we have a winner for most truthful post this year!

JohnnyJet likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

I don't think stats have much meaning at all because there are too many variables. it's not apples to apples. thats why all these advanced stats and PFF exist.
    The issue with stats is most people will see highlights, google stats, and use that as "evidence" i remember back even during the allen vs mayfield debate during the draft. I said allen was more accurate on film if you watch it but was met with 55% vs 70% completion percentage. and thats stats over 3 years of college play for both. clearly the stat is meaningless. when you watch it baker was barely able to get it in the catch radius of wide open WRs while allen was tight windowing balls that were being dropped. tahts just 1 example. even the AWS open rate is relative because of the defenses called and the matchups. We all watched revis shut down many elite WRs but his stats were so little and people shit on him for that. even last year with diggs/woolen/sauce. Back wtih revis it was aso vs revis. people default to stats because it's quick and easy and they just want to prove a point. zach is #1 in the NFL in 4th quarter comebacks. so what. had he played better quarters 1-3 he wouldn't have needed to comeback. He's top 10 all time on 4th down passing in the NFL. again so what had he played better me could be taking knees on 3rd down and ending games instead of having to convert a 4th. You can watch games and see people stand out and what they do right and wrong. you don't need to quantify it with a number. I've coached many a kids leagues when I was younger in baseball and football. I didn't need a stat sheet to tell me who was good. The coaches aren't looking at stat sheets either. they are watching film and practice.

17. GasedAndConfused

the entire jets coaching staff thinks he's better then boyle or simian so by default you are saying you think you know more then the whole jets staff and scouts.
    analysts are there for clicks and views only. pure entertainment. don't think otherwise. same way youtube "reviewers" are just advertisers. it's all about money. that thinking is to why people thought mayock was a draft expert. then he got a shot at being a GM and was awful.

bingo and those are way more important. they are usually called "intangibles" the greats have them (brees, rodgers, manning, etc) no stat can quantify just how good peyton manning was but when you watched him, you seen it

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  19. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Listen to the quote above from Saleh on TMKS. It doesn't sound like Saleh wants to keep Zach as the QB. It sounds like his hands are tied from above.

20. Trainer

The entire Jets coaching staff thought Zach was better than White. On the field it was another story. White and Johnson were both better. The whole team knew it, yet the coaching staff continued to roll Zach out there until there was almost a mutiny. Do you trust them to make the right call at QB? I don't. Siemien is White 2.0 for all we know.

Did you see Salehs presser? He's like a deer in the headlights. No way he believes that Zach gives them the best chance to win.

You are correct about "intangibles", you know it when you see it. I don't see it in Zach.