Complete gm fail

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Losmeister, Nov 6, 2023.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

JD is out trying to trade for a high profile receiver who would obviously have cost multiple high picks when we have a QB that can’t make a basic NFL read to get him the ball. Meanwhile he overlooks multiple reasonable QB options that are clear upgrades over Zach and would have cost nothing to maybe a 6th rounder. And he makes no play at Ezra Cleveland because he “doesn’t fit our system”. Why doesn’t he fit our system, does he actually block people? Is that the problem? It seems our system requires OL to be turnstiles. Fuck anyone that has the nerve to tell us that Zach Wilson does anything but suck. 3 years and his fanboys are still trying to pick fly shit out of pepper telling us the good plays he had.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Randall Cobb has 3 catches for the entire season

Thanks Joe D

JohnnyJet, SOJAZ, mezzavo and 3 others like this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Woody has never cared about wins and losses on the field as long as suckers keep buying tickets and merchandise.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

when we do this and don’t succeed, you and others will come to say oh ya here we go run, run, pass; no imgatination, hackett sucks, etc

5. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

that’s why he was inactive last night

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  6. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No we said sometimes pass on 1st down.

Not pass the ball 50 times with Zach. you know you gonna lose if that happens

7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

This is exactly how I feel about JD's tenure too. JD has built one of the league's best defenses but it's at the expense of also having the league's worst offense.

Not addressing back-up QB at any point this year, even as recent as last week where we could've gotten someone like Dobbs or Brissett for a Day 3 pick, and just adding Rodgers' buddies at WR/OL this offseason, who have all been awful to varying degrees, are decisions that will most likely sink any hope of a good season. I know the OL has been bad and I'm not giving him a pass but we're also down 3 of our Week 1 starters (Brown, McGovern, & AVT), and at least 1 key backup (Schweitzer). I don't think any OL is built to be able to withstand losing 3 starters and not get shredded against a pass rush that has both Joey Bosa and Khalil Mack. That being said, OL was a massive question mark coming into the season and looks like an even bigger one going forward.

The Will McDonald pick over someone like JSN, Addison, or even Zay Flowers is looking worse and worse by the week. Even if CD didn't retire on us right before the season, any of those guys are probably your WR2 right now and Lazard is rightfully in his WR3 spot and not being relied upon as much. It's not that I hate McDonald as a player or a prospect either, I think there could be something there. He flashed a little last night for the first time all season but good God do we need another playmaker on this offense.

Whatever miniscule draft capital and cap space we have for this upcoming offseason HAS to exclusively go towards the offense. This defense is so good that it can take a step back and still be a Top 5-10 unit IMO, hell it could probably take 2 steps back and still be in the Top 10 conversation. Every single resource we have going forward should go towards the offensive side of the ball until they're capable of being at least an average unit. If you disagree after last night, go argue a wall. 6 points against a team that's given up around 300 passing yards per game so far and was bottom 5 in points allowed? Inexcusable.

#47 KY Jets Fan, Nov 7, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 7, 2023
    SOJAZ, Jets79, REVISion and 5 others like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I don't hate the player or him as a prospect, but at the same time, when you have that much of a lack of talent on the other side of the ball, adding a guy to the team's undeniable strength as well as deepest position group is not the way to go. The offense needed help with that pick and, as usual, Douglas dropped the ball.

I've been one of his biggest defenders, but no more. Can't do it anymore. Saleh and Wilson should definitely be gone, yesterday if at all possible, and Douglas should be on the hottest of hot seats the rest of the way this season.

SOJAZ, REVISion and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It's all MLF's fault! :mad:

10. BrowningNagle

two of them Breece Hall did himself

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Yea, without Breece this offense would be one of the worst of all time. It may be headed that way regardless.

12. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

It really is frightening to think how bad we'd be without Breece Hall.

13. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Or GW.

Jets79 likes this.
  14. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Yup. The one constant in 20 years of shit.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Firing a decent (calm down, I didnt say great) OC as a the fall guy for your shitty #2 overall pick wasnt the best idea either....

mezzavo and REVISion like this.
  16. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

Since they are going to continue trotting out Zack Morris I am retiring from investing in this team. First time in over 30 years. Zach must have dirt on Wood, JD or Saleh cus there is no reason he should still be starting. And for anyone who calls me a sore loser or not to let the door hit me on way out, you must be quite delusional. Many of you have been manipulated to think JD did a good job bringing in talent. The laughs on you!

JohnnyJet likes this.
  17. BrowningNagle

Nathaniel Hackett will get fired after the season and somehow named offensive coordinator for another organization

18. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

I am not going to sit here and say the GM has been great, but he was implementing a plan, he was very consistent in the implementation of that plan, and then… the owner stepped in. No one will convince me that this isn't all his doing. He stepped in, forced the whole Aaron Rodgers thing, and suddenly a plan that was based on youth went in the direction of going all in and courting a 39-year-old quarterback who was on the verge of retirement.

Then they kept Zach Wilson around as their Plan B despite the fact that it would have been very simple and understandable after last year to redshirt the kid and put him on the practice squad, stick him as a third string quarterback to avoid the cap, or whatever. But they didn't do that. It is all very obvious that it's Woody's grimy fingerprints everywhere on this.

I don't need any further proof than to see that the Jets continue to stick with Wilson as their guy, when other teams have gotten away from guys who were far better than him in much less time.

Saleh and Douglas are having their hands forced here. It's obvious in the coach's body language when things aren't going well, in the tone of his voice, and just in the logic of the situation.

Anyone want to bet me any amount of money that Joe Douglas does not sign an extension and instead resigns before he is fired to take blame for all of this?

mezzavo, egbert souse and westiedog1 like this.
  19. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I mean it’s not like the Rams offense is lighting up the league.

20. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Agree 100%. Re-sign current D players like Huff. But every draft pick, every FA signing has to be offensive next offseason.

mezzavo, Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.