And now for something different... Zach appreciation thread...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Oct 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

2. cval

cval Well-Known Member

3. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Honestly, this kind of comment doesn't help the discussion at all. It is possible to disagree with people shitting on Zach after that game without thinking we should be building a statue to him. It is possible to believe he has shown improvement without thinking he has yet improved enough. Making everything black and white just causes bad feeling and invites pointless bitching back and forth.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

K. thanks

5. cval

cval Well-Known Member

he is the worst poster on this board. He has been for years.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

you were carrying on about Zach Wilson's pitiful performance. you deserved the sarcasm.

7. SackRecord99

SackRecord99 Member

Uhmmmm dont those stats demonstrate that while horrible, Trevor is a clear upgrade over Z? If Z was approaching an 81.1 rating, or the 84.6 he had in his one full starting season, the truthers would be throwing him a parade. Didnt Josh Johnson last year demonstrate that literally any one coming if off the street is better. 317 yards, 3 tds and 1int, with same support and framework. you guys are not realizing how bad he is.

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  8. cval

cval Well-Known Member

You can make that assessment I am sure. I am just giving the facts. I remember watching him 2016 and thought he was decent struggled in 2017 and then became a journeyman QB.

My view of the stats show he is probably on the same level as Zach and worse for the Jets when you consider his lack of familiarity with Jets. I also still think Zach is improving and will be solid by the end of the season if he can stay healthy behind this o-line. (That is a big if) he got clobbered a few times on Sunday

#1288 cval, Oct 31, 2023
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2023
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

history shows they are more often busts, but the idea of taking a QB that high is that they become your franchise QB for the next decade. I mean it's really the same expectation for any player taken that high

10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Probably not. He would, I’m guessing, be a dink and dunk, high percentage pass kinda guy. Or at least I’d imagine that’s what they’d ask of him.

I think they’d play that style of offense complemented if they felt it was viable.

11. GasedAndConfused

he was awful. he missed 3 50+ yard TDs to adams who was wide open with overthrows. he only targeted myers once who was open alot (he caught it for 16 yards on a shit throw he had to dive for) and was like 1 for 10 targeting adams who was wide open most of the game.

Jets79 and cval like this.
  12. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't like the term "hero ball" and I don't think it's accurate at all. I don't think is trying to be a "hero" he's just trying to make a play, to get the offense moving. I think when he holds the ball too long, he's either afraid of throwing an interception, his receivers aren't open or aren't as open as he'd like. I think they just have him paranoid of throwing an interception. He's playing not to screw up, not to lose, rather than being aggressive and going for it. When they fall behind or are in the 2:00 minute drill, he becomes more aggressive, and not coincidentally, is more decisive, gets the ball out quicker, is more accurate and plays better. I think they need to tell him not to worry about throwing an interception and to just be aggressive and wing it out there.

13. NCJetsfan

Simien is NOT better. You have evidently forgotten his play when he was here before. Talk about a deer in the headlights, and he doesn't have Zach's athleticism or arm.

14. GasedAndConfused

not to mention he lasted 3 plays last time. People can say what they want about zach but nobody can deny he's a tough SOB. he keeps taking huge hits and getting up and playing meanwhile all our other QBs have been knocked out repeatedly

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

Yep. and the Zach haters complained that he was too thin, too fragile, not big enough, not tough enough, and couldn't handle pressure. The bottom line is that the majority of Jets fans don't know jack shit about football or evaluating players.

16. GasedAndConfused

it's not just jet fans, it's all fans. they watch the game and get shit faced and then trash talk every player. I have a steelers fan friend who is an idiot (well I have 2, 1 who knows football and 1 who is an idiot) and the knowledgeable one refuses to talk to the idiot one about football becuase he makes such dumb comments. he's wanted tomlin fired for like the past 7 years and calls him a shit coach. he's pretty much the average NFL fan

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Seriously... are you really that concerned about what opposing teams fans think?

If so... maybe being a Jets fan isn't the right choice... ;)

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As I recall , he got to play at BYU for like one and a half seasons which hardly represents a reliable measure of any QB play ..frankly he was overrated and played a powder puff schedule

He’s now playing at NFL level and I am basing my theory on pure observation of present performance since he became a Jet

Also I trust NCJets sources about the severity of his ADHD. Plus the fact “he didn’t know he had it” doesn’t mean it didn’t handicap him in the past.

He certainly can’t compensate for that delay at the NFL level and that’s unfortunate .

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Jets fans don’t exactly have a stellar reputation. Threads like this serve to validate that.

I’ve been a fan for 35 years. Not going anywhere.

cval likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.